‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars As easy as pie, 2 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Alan Silverwood Anodised Round Cake Pan 6"/15cm loose based (Kitchen & Home)
I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to baking, particularly Christmas cakes.
Previously I've made full size 8 inch Christmas cakes, but this year decided not only to make a smaller cake for own consumption but also to offer one or two as gifts. A six inch cake seemed to be a good idea and duely bought this 6" Silverwood pan. Whilst waiting for delivery, (which only took 2 - 3 days), I bought a second, spring form type from a local shop. This spring type pan was of a similar price and thought that using them together would provide a good test/assessment.
I was a little concerned that those recipes I found on the net were not scaled down to a smaller size, so a little experimentation re cooking times was necessary.
Generally the Silverwood pan was superior in almost all ways, internal and external lining was much easier, the loose bottom was useful for creating the discs of marzipan and icing, (cutting round as a template). Washing also seemed easier and as for non stick, making two cakes on consequetive days, both slipped out without a problem. The spring pan seemed unnecessarily over complicated with seams and ridges to achieve the same end result, so my recommendation is and I will certainly buy in future, Silverwood pans.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6" Anodised Round Cake Pan, 5 July 2009
I love to bake but do hate having to line every pan (even non stick, that do stick). I bought two 8" anodised pans for my christmas Cakes and, as I have a third one to make this year, but smaller, I immediately decided that this was the only variety of cake pan acceptable. They are a joy to use and also to clean. For all cake makers, a must have item.

5.0 out of 5 stars baking, 17 April 2012
This cake tin improved the cooking time and produced a much moister cake than my "ordinary" tin. I was amazed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pan. Best I've had., 20 Jun. 2013
Bought two of these Silverwood cake tins partly due to the 'Delia' effect. Excellent quality and should last a lifetime. Not for the dishwasher though, wash in warm soapy water. Nothing sticks anyway. They are a dream to clean. A little bit more pricy than other pans, but well worth it. Working my way to replacing all my old tins with Silverwood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Silverwood anodised round cake pan 6", 12 Nov. 2013
Wanted an Alan Silverwood cake pan as I already had one and needed another to make several Christmascakes at the same time to save on electricity. I had been very pleased with the first one I used as it has kept like new and had difficulty getting a 6" cake tin in local stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cake tin, 17 Dec. 2012
I bought this cake tin to make individual Christmas cakes to give as Christmas gifts. The tin is excellent quality, the cakes have baked evenly and the loose bottom fits perfectly no leaks. I would definately reccommend this cake tin. Delivery was quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars cake pan, 18 Feb. 2013
i bought this item as i had 7, 8 and 9 inch cake pans, one of which was by Alan Silverwood so had no worries about its quality and now have all the cake pans i require for various recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these cake tins, 7 Jan. 2015
I love these cake tins. Easy to use. Washes up easily, do not put in dishwasher. Nice even results. Only wish it was a little deeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size for a smallish cake., 17 Mar. 2013
Easy to use and to clean. Cakes come out well baked. Good quality. Loose base is very useful. Cakes take less time to cook in these tins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cake pan, 22 April 2014
I have used it a lot and still looks like it's new. Easy to use and clean. I definitely recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›