on 9 January 2008
I bought these hoping for a lift to the roots of my hair and a soft curl in the ends. I got nothing. they get hot but don't seem to curl. The hair was as straight when it came out of the tongs as it was before it went in
on 28 October 2007
Im not sure what the previous reviewer was doing with their curlers, but I love mine :) and based on that review I felt compelled to even the score.

Granted they do not curl like hot rollers and my only complaint would be the heat, I think they would be better if they could attain a hotter temperature - but hey, what do you want for £15??

Its also useful to remember they are jumbo curlers and therefore the curl will always be softer. Having said that, they provide my hair with a nice curl - and my hair is long with few layers and straight by nature. They help to add shine to my hair, and rather feel like the curling equivalent to straighteners, if that makes sense to you. I have used these on my friend who has long layered hair and with some decent hairspray, went out looking more Baywatch than Battersea.

So dont write these curlers off, they are useful and I wouldnt be without mine.

Hope that balances things :)
on 18 January 2008
I have fine, silky straight hair, and when I tried to curl my hair with this product, it didn't work at all. There was a limp wave, but even that went away after five minutes. It took ages to heat up and it wasn't very hot when it was heated up.

This might work for people who dont have such fine hair, but for people who do, it is useless.

I sent it back and was very impressed with the money returning system. I got my money back within a week, despite the fact that I stupidly put the name of the wrong email address on the returns package.
on 12 September 2009
I have long hair and wanted loose looking curls. I have thick hair which usually curls very easily. With this nothing. Hardly a kink and my hair looks messy (not curly or wavy, not straight but sticking out kinks) as I have long layers. I don't think it is hot enough to get any sort of wave. Don't waste your money on this. Don't be fooled that a large barrel will give you lovely loose waves as it needs to be hot to get any wave. I have seen reviews on the Babyliss Pro Rebel 32mm conical wand and even on You tube and seems to work much better than this.
on 22 June 2009
I have really thick, long hair and found these ok. Best results when left to heat up for about 15mins and would advise using product on your hair for lasting curls. creates large loose curls which looked really pretty i would advise patience though as found results much better when using smaller sections of hair but of course this takes much longer. overall i felt i got what i paid for.
on 23 April 2009
I was really disappointed with this product. I didn't expect them to be fantastic for the price but they didn't curl my hair in the slightest. Even after holding them on for nearly 3 times the recommended amount (15 seconds) all they seemed to do was add a slight wave.

It was just too much work to not even get close to what i expected. I don't have particularly thick hair, and even when trying thin pieces of hair it seemed to do nothing.
on 16 August 2009
These curlers are amzing I honestly dont know what the other people are taling about, The curls last all day even without hold spray. They are not too hot, where as other curlers you can actually smell them burning, dont listen to other people these rock getb them!
on 3 January 2009
A very disapointing Xmas present for my daughter. She has long, thick hair & try as we might, she went out to her Xmas party with straight hair! We tried thin strands of hair & held it in the hot curlers for up to 30 seconds, the hair was still straight. We also tried it on my other daughter with shorter thinner hair still to no avail! The returns process with amazon was brilliant though, just had to print off the returns labels within 30 days.
on 8 January 2009
I bought these for my daughter and they do not,not work!!The annoying thing is that by the time Christmas was over the returns policy of the seller (8days) had expired and I can't get a refund.