Format: DVD|Change

on 14 April 2006
What a Cracking Second Series just as good as the first.

All the actors are superb but special mention has to go to Martin Clunes and Caroline Catz who really make this a delight to watch.

The Scenery is Excellent and really makes me want to dive in my Car and and visit the village of Port Isaac.

I can see Doc Martin running for Years and Years - all they have to keep up is their high Production Values and they are on a Winner.

While Hunting for extra Information I looked on the Production Company Web site { Portman Films} and there is a ' Doc Martin ' running time 86 mins and a ' Doc Martin and the Legend of the Cloutie 'running time 86 mins but its a ' Doctor Martin Bamford ' and not ' a ' Doctor Martin Ellingham ' although still filmed in Cornwall with Martin Clunes playing the lead - it would appear that both titles are deleted but I have found them using a Auction site but the actual disks are from Australia.Both Titles { as well as Doc Martin - Series 1 and Series 2 } were Produced by Phillipa Braithwaite who is Martin Clunes Wife - they run a joint Production Company.
on 4 May 2006
The two DVD sets are great, but I, too, am hoping for a third series! I read online that the cast/crew are supposed to return to Port Isaac around September '06 to record a Christmas Special, and that a third series is expected to (finally) enter production in '07. Apparently, Martin Clunes was too busy to do the third series in '06.

Series 1 was six shows, Series 2 was eight. Let's hope they increase the episode count even more for series 3 and that when the eventual boxset comes out, that it will include the Christmas special, too!
on 7 February 2006
The second series of Doc Martin featuring Martin Clunes and Carol Catz continues to be as funny as series 1.
With breathtaking views of Cornwall and fantastic storyline, this is a must purchase.
I can't wait until series 3!
on 8 July 2006
I have just finished watching series 1 and 2. I want to move to Cornwall. Such a delightful series and something I can watch again and again, until I move to Cornwall (-:
on 21 March 2006
This second series of Doc Martin is equally as brilliant as the first series and I am now waiting for the DVD to be released so I can enjoy watching all the episodes again. I am also waiting to see when a third series will be produced - as this is too good a programme for it not to continue.
on 13 January 2013
Having missed this complete series on TV, I was interested to find where was the cheapest place to buy it. After searching around, as always, I found it here on Amazon and with free delivery.
Martin Clunes is at the top of my list for favourite actors and plays every role with perfection. I found it both serious and humerous and well worth buying. I will watch this over and over again.
on 20 July 2012
This series is just great easy watching. Based on the original Saving Grace film which also has Martin Clunes as Dr Martin Bamford - not at all the same grumpy character as in these. There are also two TV episodes - 'films' made by Sky Pictures which only appear to be available now in region 1 from USA - Doc Martin: The Movies [DVD] [2001] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC], but are equally as good. See review there. Again not the same Doc Martin as in these but very enjoyable all the same. I had to buy this series 2 disk again as the dog managed to switch on the DVD player, eject the disk and take the disk out proceding to put little puppy teeth marks all over it making it unplayable! I just had to replace it though.
on 1 December 2012
Martin Clunes can do no wrong - what a talented actor he is! I always managed to miss Doc Martin when it was on TV and finally managed to get Series One cheap in a sale, and after watching it, was keen to see Series Two - which does not dissapoint. Both DVD's are now doing the rounds with the family. Highly recommend.
on 11 March 2007
With a bit of luck, they would have, without ruining things.

Series 1. Well nigh perfect. Eccentric supporting characters usually have me reaching for the shotgun, but here they are quite over the top, generally annoying, and just all round brilliant.

Even the Receptionist character change in Series 2 was carried off well. How many other series could manage that? Katherine Parkinson should have had an impossible task in taking Lucy Punch's part, after she had done an Alan Rickman, yet she managed it without any seeming effort - just complementing the role, if anything, while ruling, like she always does.

The Christmas 2006 Special was very strange indeed. You'd think after two series, everyone was settled into their characters. This was getting to be the sort of thing where you really aren't that bothered if anything actually happens, it's just such a pleasure to watch the acting, and listen to the script.

Then the Special. Blimey, it was like their bodies had been taken over by aliens. Martin's Aunt especially, was turned into a crabby old bat, who seemed to blame him for everything, and didn't actually like him.

Where did that come from? Christmas? Shove out any old tat of a script. No one'll ever notice... I would have thought they'd have a bit of pride in one of the few decent programmes that have appeard recently.
on 16 August 2009
We missed the begining of the first series, and were then unable to get into the later series. The appeal to watch them all close together at a very reasonable rate was wonderful. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. Can't wait for the next series which I will also buy.