5.0 out of 5 stars Never let me down
I love these strings.
They are consistent, they sound clear and bright and they stay good for months.
A wee tip for all you lazy players.. wash your hands before you play, you will save lots of money in strings!
Sweaty greasy hands eat through strings.
Also, give them a wipe after you've played.
They like that too.
;)
Published on 22 Nov. 2011 by Mr. B. T. Acton

2.0 out of 5 stars Problem batch?
I have used this brand of strings on my guitars for quite some time now. They have, in the past, been great to set up, been very good to play and lasted a long time in comparison with the Ernie Balls. This latest pack must be a bad "batch" of strings, because three strings (2 x 1st E's and a B) have snapped while I was stringing my guitar up and the first pack...
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by Roy Mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Never let me down, 22 Nov. 2011
Mr. B. T. Acton "oceanjaws" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D'Addario EXL115 Electric Guitar Strings 11 -49 (Electronics)
I love these strings.
They are consistent, they sound clear and bright and they stay good for months.
Sweaty greasy hands eat through strings.
Also, give them a wipe after you've played.
They like that too.
;)

4.0 out of 5 stars D'Addario EXL 125 Nickel-plated electric guitar strings gauge 9-46, 28 Feb. 2010
S. H. Wong (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I've tried many different brands such as Curt Mangan, Ernie Ball, Everly B-52s, GHS, Gibson all of which are relatively well-priced but have a very obviously short life.

I must say that there are times when using this set of D'Addario EXL125 strings, I sort of wonder why I bothered at all because at the fraction of the cost compared to so many up-market brands, the string life and delivery of tone from the D'Addarios is actually consistent and good. Do not expect "breath-taking" tone, which, also depends heavily on your guitar and playing ability ;)

Having a rather heavy hard-rock rhythm right hand coupled with a desire for wild bluesy bends, I chose this gauge to suit my style which covers anything from blues, country to jazz and rock and roll. I use these strings with a tele, strat, an SG and a firebird VII: all sounding good.

If you're tired of mucking around with experimenting or struggling to afford expensive strings which claim to last longer, just remember this: it actually helps to just wipe down your strings after playing. After all, strings are made of metal and they WILL rust no matter how expensive or boutique the make.

Just bear in mind that the strings wraps of the EXL 125s are NICKEL-PLATED instead of PURE NICKEL, hence the cheaper price. It is misrepresentation of some sorts, but: I've been using this set for about 2 weeks, approximately 2-3hrs playing time per day and they are still alive, and I expect them to last for another 2 more weeks of playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars D'Addario electric guitar strings, 27 May 2009
For me these are the best guitar strings you can buy,for the money nothing can touch them!

5.0 out of 5 stars D'Addario XL Strings, 16 Oct. 2011
These are great strings, at a great price (especially in a 3 pack) and very prompt delivery. What more could you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars D.addario exl 110 guitar strings 0.10-0.46 gauge, 24 Dec. 2010
Mr. M. Sanders "TX41" (Powys, UK) - See all my reviews
These strings are the best in my opinion, I fit them to all my electric guitars for a number of reasons

Because:-

They last a long time

They sound brighter longer

They don't have too much string tension unlike other brands which when you change them mean you need to adjust the trem springs or neck

Consistent materials and manufacturing quality - I can put a set on and there is no dullness, or short life nor do they 'go off' and sound dull quickly likesome other brands I have tried

and best of all they sound so good! Even after they have been on the guitar a while.

I like to play in the Hank Marvin style, these strings help me get that sound.

I used to use Fender strings in the 1980's but when Hank said he'd used these D'addarios, I tried them and have not been disappointed with any of the sets I have bought or found anything else as good.

A wipe down with a soft cloth after playing helps keep them sounding better longer.

I use these in live sessions, playing at home and recording session work.

Highly recommended. They are nice easy playing , great sounding strings, I also use the acoustic bronze 10's on my acoustics too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guitar strings for a great price, 16 July 2012
Excellent guitar strings, with colour coded ends, and each set is packed in sealed corrosion proof packs so will always be factory fresh! I have used these string for over 10 years, and the 3 set packs are excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars D'addario versus Ernie Ball, 21 Dec. 2011
I started off using Ernie ball strings as I think they give of bit of a thicker tone but when I asked at hooters music store which would be best for playing in my genre (Metallica etc) he suggested D'addario. I have to say I am very pleased with these strings. They give off such a bright tone, and are capable of pulling off some lower tunings too. I frequently play in E standard or drop B tuning (2 most frequent) playing bands like Metallica and Parkway Drive. These strings can easily candle drop b, notes are very audible and strings aren't too loose. However I would suggest 11 gauge or above if you are regularily playing in drop tunings for those occasions when you have to tune to A or lower.

Overall a very good buy, lovely for all genres on the electric, including any acoustic stuff like nickelback. Would I recommend these? Absolutely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 6 Oct. 2011
Ordered these strings a skeptic as I usually go for Ernie Balls. But decided to try these after a recommendation from a friend. Cant really fault them, good packaging, easy to install and sound great. They hold their tune fairly decently (can stay in tune for around a week or everyday playing) I currently have them on a Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul and they do the job well.

The tone is nice and are good for fast playing. Prefer Ernie Balls as they feel just a little bit nicer to play but every other statistic is the same.

They are extremely light strings so not good for down tuning but the hold up all right when i drop it to C.

4/5 Good quality sound and finish, but personally prefer Ernie Balls extra Slinky

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Nov. 2010
M. Hynes - See all my reviews
I got a new Cort guitar and these were the strings they fit at the factory. I must say I do not regret buying them one bit. They are nice and bright, the sound is very clean. The gauge selection is just right, making them very slick and playable, but robust enough to stand some hard playing, a good balance. I liked them so much I bought some Bronze ones for my acoustic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A no brainer, 30 July 2011
Paul Hodgson "www.bof.uk.com" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Set aside your personal preference for string gauge, D'Addario are without any doubt, well any of my doubt, the best electric guitar string maker. Over many years of playing I've used Ernie Ball, Markley and Fender and time and again I return to the XL's

I've found snapping to and holding pitch happens reasonably quickly and easily. More important, as a sit at home and play player I'm interested in degradation, how rapidly do the strings degrade to the point of replacement. I'm not an especially sweaty player but none the less, sweat and oils from the fingertips will quicken the degradation of any string. I've found that the XL's seem less to hold up a little longer before the strings get to the point where replacing is the only course of action.

Finally, on the lower register strings the coil wrap, whilst not being flat wrapped like some jazz strings, aren't so rough that you're in danger of ripping your fingertips to the core. They're cheap, last a good amount of time, depends on your sweatiness and how often you play of course, keep to pitch and not too expensive.

Not much else to say - at this price try them out.