Style Name: Regular Light|Size: 3-Pack|Change

on 20 February 2013
Excellent strings at a good price. They cope very well with downtuning - I use C and A tunings and have had no issues with these strings.

They give an excellent sound and are also easy on your fingers, despite being thick.
on 22 November 2011
I love these strings.
They are consistent, they sound clear and bright and they stay good for months.
A wee tip for all you lazy players.. wash your hands before you play, you will save lots of money in strings!
Sweaty greasy hands eat through strings.
Also, give them a wipe after you've played.
They like that too.
;)
on 28 February 2010
I've tried many different brands such as Curt Mangan, Ernie Ball, Everly B-52s, GHS, Gibson all of which are relatively well-priced but have a very obviously short life.

I must say that there are times when using this set of D'Addario EXL125 strings, I sort of wonder why I bothered at all because at the fraction of the cost compared to so many up-market brands, the string life and delivery of tone from the D'Addarios is actually consistent and good. Do not expect "breath-taking" tone, which, also depends heavily on your guitar and playing ability ;)

Having a rather heavy hard-rock rhythm right hand coupled with a desire for wild bluesy bends, I chose this gauge to suit my style which covers anything from blues, country to jazz and rock and roll. I use these strings with a tele, strat, an SG and a firebird VII: all sounding good.

If you're tired of mucking around with experimenting or struggling to afford expensive strings which claim to last longer, just remember this: it actually helps to just wipe down your strings after playing. After all, strings are made of metal and they WILL rust no matter how expensive or boutique the make.

Just bear in mind that the strings wraps of the EXL 125s are NICKEL-PLATED instead of PURE NICKEL, hence the cheaper price. It is misrepresentation of some sorts, but: I've been using this set for about 2 weeks, approximately 2-3hrs playing time per day and they are still alive, and I expect them to last for another 2 more weeks of playing.
on 19 October 2012
The strings are normally ace but this time they were pretty much dead when I got them, none of the sustain or zing you get from fresh strings. Guess they'd been stored badly. Judging from the other rave reviews this doesn't normally seem to be the case but I'll be getting them from my local shop where they're more pricey but I know they're fresh.
on 8 November 2011
I have been using these strings for about a year now, and i am very impressed. There has been one occurrence of the low B string snapping, but i think that was mainly to do with the rusty bridge it's sitting on (i mean what's the chance of a low string snapping before a high string snapping). But anyway i usually have these strings tuned to BEADF#b and it handles very good. I sometimes put it in drop C or D standard, and it still sounds awesome!... I would recommend these strings to any METAL guitarist. Also i think everyone should at least give them a go. For the price, they are cheap! You're getting your moneys worth! Lovely strings :).
on 27 April 2014
Recently moved to D'addario after playing ernie balls for a good 5 years and couldn't be more happy.

They last longer, sound better for longer and feel much for tactile under the fingers.

and they gauges are better than those offered by ernie ball.
on 27 May 2009
For me these are the best guitar strings you can buy,for the money nothing can touch them!
on 16 October 2011
These are great strings, at a great price (especially in a 3 pack) and very prompt delivery. What more could you want?
on 17 January 2012
I keep coming back to these for their pack to pack consistency of tone. EXL110s sound good and feel great when new, but most importantly the tone stands up very well until they give up the ghost. They really do go over though; when they die, they die.

The D'Addarios don't last like coated strings, but then cost a lot less, and they don't create the illusion that an eight-year-old with influenza has been playing your tele while eating a jam sandwich either.

In comparison, I prefer the tone to Rotosounds, which cost the same and stick around well, but to me sound dark and play a bit duller from the start. Ernie Balls sound and feel very bright and lively when new, although they seem to rust in my hands so don't last as long before they have to go and they are more expensive. Dean Markleys aren't much cheaper and never sound fantastic, in my experience. So - for me at any rate - the EXL110 is the best compromise for sound/consistency/longevity/feel and price. In the UK they represent good value, especially as they are available in a 10-pack of 10s.
on 6 November 2010
I got a new Cort guitar and these were the strings they fit at the factory. I must say I do not regret buying them one bit. They are nice and bright, the sound is very clean. The gauge selection is just right, making them very slick and playable, but robust enough to stand some hard playing, a good balance. I liked them so much I bought some Bronze ones for my acoustic.