5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect.
As a professional carpet fitter this tool has been amazing, I use the multi tool approx 20-30 times a day. Within the business I do we also do deliveries of furniture including beds etc and having this strapped to your hip ready to cut open bedding bags, cardboard packing etc is perfect.
Believe it or not I have even fitted a bit of domestic vinyl with the knife...
Published on 16 April 2010 by E. Rutherford

1.0 out of 5 stars ok if you like a tool to snap after a few months
Published on 4 Mar. 2013 by Mr. L. A. Hutchings

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., 16 April 2010
E. Rutherford "weeman247" (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
Believe it or not I have even fitted a bit of domestic vinyl with the knife attachment, due to leaving my fitting knife at another job and it did it perfectly..
I would recommend purchasing the gerber sharpener too, to keep the blade as sharp as possible.
The only slight fault I think with the knife is the cross head screwdriver attachment, the blades are too small to be able to turn anything with any force.
Great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost too sharp, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
It's a pretty neat tool. I was first trying to justify the higher price of a Leatherman, but decided in the end to get this one. It is a solid thing, but a little heavyish. I didn't have any kind of long nose pliers, so my first reaction was to get a Channellock or Knipex pliers, but then when I also hike and go camping a lot, I thought this kind of thing might come as handy. Not sure can you REALLY compare them.
The blades are really sharp. I have now close experience of it as I pushed the knife up with my finger and it cut me straight away. It was quite a deep cut as the bleeding wouldn't stop in a long time, it even started coming through a bandage. I was very surprised by the sharpness and I'm now worried that I might accidentally kill myself after few pints when camping and messing with this.
There are 2 saws, and I'm not sure where the thinner one is really used for, but it didn't cut wood as well as the other one.
What I like about especially in this is the suspension system and the lock (wouldn't go for non-locking system at all now), and that it fits in your palm well, but also that the blades are very sharp.
The reason I don't give 5 stars is that I found an imperfection just where the plier jaws meet; this tiny stump, a leftover defect perhaps from "forging", which for me as I was looking for decent pliers at the first place is not perfect. I suppose I could easily chip it away, but why should I have to do it. One other thing also is the Philips screwdriver, I tried it on a screw which seemed to open fine, but it looks quite thin so the grasp might not be the best for all screws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, 13 Feb. 2010
M. Benadie (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
I received as a Christmas present from my wife after dropping a couple of hints for a Leahterman Skeleton. This Gerber is actually cheaper and slightly smaller but I have found several uses for it already. It is surprisingly sturdy and looks and feels much more expensive than it is. The two blades are sharp and realy easy to use with the thumb hook to move them out with one hand (needed a couple of goes). I work in the construction industry and find it very useful everyday. If you are looking for a lightweight tool that has most of the tools you could need then this will suit you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit., 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
Solid construction, comfortable grip. Locking feature means far safer to use the blades. Having used this I would never consider a non-locking variety. When new some blades difficult to open, but ease with time (or practice). Scissors work surprisingly well for something so small.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tool!!!, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
Very nice bit of kit great to keep in the car or tool box. Very well put together and great price. Be Aware...Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool and their Suspension multi-tool are the same!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant multitool, 21 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
UPDATE: (14 April 2012) Upon closer inspection - although this is the tool I ordered and paid for, I actually received a different model - the "Gerber Compact Sport Multi-Plier 400 - SS" So the review actually refers to a different tool.

Original review: (21 Jan 2012)
I bought this as a present for my son for his travels to South Africa. It arrived in a substantial nylon pouch inside a cardboard box. As it was accessible, I had a play with it.

Opening the tool isn't obvious! It took me a couple of minutes to work out how. This is quite good as the tool can't come open by accident! The knife blade is quite small - big enough to cut a rope or put a notch in a piece of wood, but not much more. The rest of the tools are well designed and well made.

I thought it was ideal for the purpose I bought it for. Now that my son's in South Africa, he thinks so too. It's not too heavy in his day bag and he's found lots of uses for it so far - opening beer bottles, I expect - and is very pleased with it.

Summary: ideal for travelling and at a very modest cost.

Now he's returned from South Africa: (14 April 2012)

He found the tool invaluable and says he used it at least once a day and sometimes several times a day. All the joints are still good and tight, the blades still have their edges and there's so sign of corrosion anywhere. He liked that it was lighter than my Leatherman and much prefers it. He also reckons that it's going to last him for many years to come.

Summary: He's delighted with the tool and I'm delighted that I bought it for him. Two happy guys.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality, value for money tool., 29 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
It's nicely made and looks good. It feels good in the hand too. The knife blades are a little short for some tasks, but this helps make for a lighter more compact package then say a Series 600. The tools are a little difficult to pull out to begin with, but persevere and they'll loosen up with use. Overall, a great value for money product.

1.0 out of 5 stars ok if you like a tool to snap after a few months, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
When I bought this tool it was to replace my lost Leatherman so I thought it was good value and didn’t look too bad even if some of the screws stuck out and could hurt my hand. After a few months of light work (mostly cutting plastic tie straps) the nose of the plies broke of when removing a staple!! It just snapped clean off, like there was some defect in the metal or a flaw which caused it to shear clean off. I contacted GERBER several times but nothing from them at all, they were not interested even with the promise of a life time guarantee that came with the tool.. so I shall be now looking for another Leatherman, at least that lasted me five years befor I lost it. NEVER will I buy anything with GERBER in its name, they only care about selling you the item and dont want to know when things go wrong or need replacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value at dicount prices, quality multitool, 2 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
I had a previous Gerber multitool which was pretty awful and left me with a bit of a down on them. However the suspension is really decent quality, very compact and reasonably light (certainly compared to the victorinox swisstool which is heavy, but an outstanding tool). the tools are all useful tho' inevitably the saw and knife are too short.

others comment it is heavy, but it isn't compared to the serious competition. Amazon now has it for £25 and with a bit of luck you can get it for less, for which it is an excellent value carry everywhere tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Multi-tool, 2 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier (Sports)
As something to hold, look at, and above something to put to good use, in my opinion, this is the best thing out there. I've been through a few cheaper alternatives, and none have performed like this. The blades are sharp, and stay sharp. The locking mechanism which protects you from blades folding back in on the knife is superb, especially when children want to assist! A great piece of engineering and design. I'm sorry to say that I'm really struggling to find any fault with this; And the price through Amazon was unbeatable too.

Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier