Format: DVD|Change

on 11 June 2013
This was not quite as good as I remembered it. It deserved a second series though. I wonder if the cast wouldn't come back or if it was just cancelled?
on 8 April 2012
I remembered The River as being fun and that I recalled I loved it when it appeared on the television, way back in the 80's, now, many years on, finally I have my own copy to treasure and watch over... Awesome it is as brilliant as I remembered it and of course, if one likes Mr Essex just a wee bit, then wow, he is just perfect, and gorgeous, and, and, and well I'm in love all over again!!! David Essex can act, has so many wonderful expressions and he makes you believe he is the lock keeper.. living the dream. The other members of the cast are excellent too, the timings as they all spar off each other are flawless, and it is witty and funny, and with reference to what was going on in that decade. If I had to be critical I would have preferred no back ground laughter, but then again, that was typical of the time it was broadcast..... It comes up fresh second, (third, fourth?,) time around, and as for a first time, well, for the romantic dreamer, I'd recommend it........ Ok! must go for a stroll down towpath now... ....again..!
on 1 September 2014
What can I say just what my son wanted remembered from when he was a small boy really liked it Thanks.
on 29 November 2014
I had forgotten how funny this is, laughed all through.Amazon were spot on as usual with delivery
on 19 November 2015
So pleased to see this haven't seen for year's I've watched twice already and friends have too
on 30 December 2014
absolute brilliant series just pity its a one off , item well packaged and fast delivery
on 7 December 2015
Very gentle story line, could of made a second series. Delivered to the wrong house.
on 2 August 2014
Brought back some ace memories, i loved it in the 80`s n i love it now, brilliant.
on 22 May 2015
Can't be unbiased about this- anything with David Essex in is a 5 star for me!!
on 5 January 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this blast from the past. A very enjoyable series!