5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best
This series, along with series 3, are my favourite ones so far. I feel this is where the programme came in to its stride and grew more confident. The humour gets more riskee as the programme has developed and the current scheduling of 9.30 instead of the original 8.30 reflects this. None the less this is still family viewing that appeals to all ages.
Among the...
Published on 12 July 2008 by PrincessClaire

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not THAT good
It seems as if the show took a turning during season four. Most of the situations are just too unrealistic and we no longer have a comedy about an average British family in the 00's but almost a remake of the absurdity that was "Terry & June" in the 80's.

Published on 3 Sep 2006 by R. Share

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 12 July 2008
PrincessClaire (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Among the highlights on this DVD are the halloween episode and the one where they go on holiday to Spain.. classic!
My Family is my favourite comedy series and is the perfect DVD to stick on for background noise or when you need to chill out and have an easy giggle. This is not clever comedy by any means but the important thing is that it is not pretending to be. The filiming of the ninth series is now taking place so that in itself shows the popularity of the programme among the British public.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not THAT good, 3 Sep 2006
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)

There are still some good moments and some very funny lines but I can't help but think that the cast carry the show because the writing is not up the the standard of the earlier series'.

Also, the BBC seem to have made several edits to language throughout this set which begs the question, why give it a 12 rating if you are going to edit out minor bad language?

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 3 July 2010
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
This series is the best one, because mostly of the Halloween special "Friday the 14th" it's so funny you will laugh yourself to sleep. This is the last series that Nick, is in it all the time. The fifth series does have Kris Marshall in it, but not that often. But this is a great buy 5/5

2.0 out of 5 stars Ben's Grumpy, Susan's Manipulative, Abbie's a Moron, Michael's Arrogant and Nick is Quite Funny. The End, 7 Aug 2009
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
The title of this review pretty much says it all.

By the fourth series, the writers were desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel. The character traits had become utterly predictable, farcical and grotesque. And in the end, having realised that buying a seven series boxset was a terrible mistake, I sold it, bought this series on its own and gave it two stars for one reason. Because the scene in which everyone is hiding in Nick's flat is hilariously funny, nothing more.

"Yes, I have owls."

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
A great product and very fast delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Show, 26 May 2014
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I have always loved this series and to recieve the dvd in such good condition was pleasing. This is a tv show I would recommend to everyone. It is so funny and is very family central with only a few bits unsuitable for children. I would recommend starting from series 1 though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Very funny series.....great acting, Robert Lyndsay just fab, would highly recommend. Hours of very good entertainment, can watch over again easily.
:) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars my family, 9 May 2013
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
well done yet another brilliant british comedy, got nearly all the series now just a few more to go can't wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars my family series 4, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: My Family - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
a laugh a minute . well worth the money as usual.quality comedy.never seems to age .recommended. well done to the creators

My Family - Series 4 [DVD]
My Family - Series 4 [DVD] by Dewi Humphreys (DVD - 2006)