5.0 out of 5 stars Very good looking lantern
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by me

3.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy quality control
This product has left me very annoyed due to sloppy quality control. Minor things that usually mean you can't be bothered to go through all the return procedure and end up doing it yourself and letting the manufactures and suppliers get away with it.
Published 1 day ago by R. V. Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good looking lantern, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
Over the last weeks, I've received several comments about its good looks. The material is lightweight without being flimsy, so no extraordinary measures to hang it. The enclosed connection instructions are simple to follow. With this hanging outside my home, I don't have to worry about getting a better looking one, because I haven't seen anyone yet. Highly recommended to enhance your house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
This is a good sturdy lantern which is very beautiful too! It looks very attractive and the glass is pretty. The light fitting takes a screw in bulb and not a push in one. This is an excellent buy, we are very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars munchen down wall light, 30 Oct 2012
M. connolly "leprachaun" (new ollerton nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
I received this wall light last week and put it up today.It is a lovely looking garden light but I found one problem.There is no cutout for the cable to go through at the bottom of the fixture.That made it impossible to place it flat against the wall until I had cut a notch at the base.Fortunately I have a small hacksaw so that soon did the job.If you are feeding the light from an internal socket through the wall you will not suffer this glitch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Munchen Down Wall Lantern, 16 Nov 2013
Mr. Richard Savage (London - UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
Product as advertised. Arrived promptly in good condition. It was easy to put up and looks nice. Good value and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money!, 24 May 2013
Paul (NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
This item is very good value for money. It looks very nice and being made from cast aluminium is very light weight.
It has stained glass and not plastic like was previously mentioned and it seems to be very well put together.

I put this up the same day i received it and this was a very easy task! you do need two screws and plugs as they are not provided.

I would defiantly recommend this to friends and family!

this was also £15 cheeper then a very similar if not identical one that i was considering in a local DIY store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish outside light., 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
We ordered this through Amazon, as we needed it quickly for when the electrician suddenly said he could come at short notice to do some work for us! What a nice surprise, to find an outside light which is attractive and welcoming, and at a reasonable price. We'd happily buy this make again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top product, 18 Jan 2014
Rafal Andruszkiewicz "Rafal" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
This lantern is brilliant! If you follow the assembly instruction it will fit firmly on the wall with no wobbly movement whatsoever . It does not come with the wall plugs, so you need to buy two extra plus two screws from local DYI shop. This was just a small issue, but the final effect compensated this - it looks just amazing on Victorian-style buildings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
Easy to fit, but make sure you have enough wire to route it properly. Looks nice and well made. All metal, not crappy plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Porch Lantern, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
Prompt delivery in good condition. Easy to connect. Cannot comment on durability against the weather as I have not had it long enough. Also my porch has roof protection. Looks attractive when illuminated.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sloppy quality control, 13 Sep 2014
R. V. Harris (UK West Country) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern (Kitchen & Home)
I bought two and first of all I must say they are nice looking fittings and it that respect i am not disappointed.
They come part assembled but on one the dome head nuts must have been fitted with barely a quarter turn engaged with the result that it all came apart during transit and it was a hunt through all the packaging to find the bolts, nuts and washers. The second one was worse. 2 dome head nuts were painted brilliant white instead of black speckled with gold, clearly from a different product and one small section of the leaded light glazing was cracked. Packing was more than adequate and undamaged so again it was probably dispatched like that. Like a fool I touched up the dome headed nuts and turned the glass with a small crack to the wall.

Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern