5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing
What can i say. I found Rodrigo Y Gabreila's contribution to my record collection nothing less than stunning. Im a big fan of flamenco greats such as Paco De Lucia, Nino Josele and Oscar Herrero, and have grown up listening to a variety of genres including alternative, indie and samba.

You cannot 'genre' Rodrigo y Gabriela, as they are fusion musicians...
Published on 27 Dec. 2006 by T. J. Alvarez

3.0 out of 5 stars Another great energetic acoustic guitar CD
Another great energetic acoustic guitar CD. It is one of their early CDs and lacks the gusto of C.U.B.A. but it still is a good listen.
Published 8 months ago by P.Bailie

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Constant high.., 28 May 2006
Jan "janc333" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Audio CD)
I sometimes watch Jools Holland's Later to maybe find some gold. Well a couple of weeks ago I found a big fat nugget. The energy of these two players left me breathless; it was melodic, intelligent, rhythmic and beautiful. Couldn't believe they only played one number. It left me wanting more. I bought this album the same evening and was absolutely NOT disppointed. Intensity of heavy metal, the grace of flamenco, the intricacy of jazz all delivered with a consistent melodic beauty. Perfect..

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 3 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
Truly magical CD with a DVD that is actually worth watching. Remarkable amount of sound from two people. Big up Gabriela who seems to me to anchor the duo with her breathtaking playing. The DVD is notable for the ease with which both and Gabriela in particular have picked up Dublin linguistic peculiarities. No warning about explicit lyrics on the sleeve but some choice language in the interview.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rodrigo Y Gabriela, 20 Oct. 2007
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Audio CD)
This is an outstanding album. I first heard this whilst driving in my uncles car and fell in love straight away. The interplay of the two guitars and the percussive playing are simply incredible. This album is worth it for the first two tracks alone, they are so upbeat and uplifting that you can't help but tap your feet and hands and smile stupidly every time you put the CD on. Considering you get the additional tracks you really feel as if you're being spoiled. Their version of Metallica's 'Orion' is simply brilliant. The only problem with their music is once you hear it you won't be able to get it off of your music system. I feel this is slightly better than their other album 'Re-Foc' which feels more jazzy, and this album comes highly recommended indeed. One word of warning, check out the UK version, it's exactly the same but cheaper!

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.., 14 May 2006
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
Sandwiched somewhere at the bottom of the schedule for Friday's Later.. with Jools Holland were 2 likely suspects Rodrigo y Gabriela. Never heard of them, I thought. Basically the only reason I watched was because I couldn't be arsed to turn the TV over. Life-changing may be a little OTT, but watching these 2 playing only acoustic guitars at what seemed like warp speed was in turns fascinating, enjoyable, captivating.. the list goes on. Sadly Jools only gave them 1 track (the fool) - suffice to say 2 days later i have this fantastic CD (and DVD), am booked to see them live and think perhaps I should watch Later..'s lower rated bands more closely in future!

Listening to the CD you simply will not believe 2 people and 2 guitars can make such a joyful racket, it never flags and definitely gives a new twist to Stairway to Heaven. Check this out, find some more and then go see them! Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a superb CD!, 15 Jun. 2006
J. A. Upston "Jx" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant ablbum. Their strength is their musicality coupled with sheer verve and passion. If you like guitar music get this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 10 Jun. 2006
Mr. A. J. Woodford (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Audio CD)
I ordered the self-titled album by Rodrigo y Gabriela on the basis of a 3star review i had read in a national newspaper. Being a guitarist i was interested in the album, but when i got it and listened to it i was astounded. Their sound is extremely rich and unique, a real treat to listen to! A real masterpiece and a pleasure to have in any record collection. I have just ordered their previous two albums on the basis of this one....!

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me cry..., 21 May 2007
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
I can't believe it - I don't cry. I especially don't cry at music! Someone recommended these guys to me a while ago describing them as flamenco thrash (or similar) and I will love them for ever for doing so. ;-)

This is truly the best CD I have bought in years.

I'm a classical guitarist and watching these guys I felt utterly humbled and totally inadequate.

The bonus DVD is also fantastic - the tutorial is especially good although I think I need to get some new strings and some serious practise in before I attempt what they're doing.

If you like guitar music, if you like spanish guitar music and if you're ready to be totally blown away by a couple of guitarists then this is the CD for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
This is pure passion, anyone how is open minded and loves music will love this and it comes with a great DVD. I've seen Rodrigo and Gabriela live in Bristol last night, just incredible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring !!, 25 May 2006
Mr. S. Smith "Chewbacca Smith" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela (Audio CD)
I challenge you to stay still while listening to this Album, Gabriela's style is as free and relaxed as you can get, and the sound she gets and the percussion she provides is incredible, and create a fantastic rythmic background to Rodrigo's sublime fret work.

These two love playing and it shows!

The riff's, and hooks will have you humming and moving even after the songs have finished.

This is music at it's purist, I haven't been so inspired to play my own guitar for many, many years. I just need about ten more fingers and a couple more hands and I'm away!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
An amazing album. I would also thoroughly recommend seeing them live. Seen them on TV and at The Big Chill last year and their guitar work is phenomenal. Buy it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD]
Rodrigo Y Gabriela [CD + DVD] by Rodrigo y Gabriela (Audio CD - 2007)