4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
I bought this phone 6 months ago and have no real complaints. Had no trouble with freezing like some people, perhaps I've been lucky. Takes good photos and the videos are quite neat, easily transferred onto the computer. Easy to navigate and does the job for me. Oh the face has a crack on it now but I have dropped it several times.
Published on 9 April 2008 by jam

3.0 out of 5 stars Freezes?
Published on 20 Nov. 2006 by S. POORAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Freezes?, 20 Nov. 2006
S. POORAN - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola V3i - Sim Free Mobile Phone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I owned the first razr and was so happy with it that when it got broken I went to buy another which turned out to be a razr v3i. I think mine came from the US and it was a little different than this one. It has a simcard (and a memory card) and the "messages" key is replaced by a dedicated "itunes" key. Love the voice recognition. You don't have to pre-record a number and name, you can just call out the number...works ok but makes driving and dialing MUCH safer (which you shouldn't do anyway). Anyway the whole reason for this review is that yes mine freezes, since the day i got it and it does it A LOT. Sometimes, it will freezw twice within seconds. When it "un freezes" (after about 5 secs) it goes back to where I was, whether dialing a number or texting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 April 2008
jam (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy phone, unreliable., 2 Sept. 2007
Y. Jones "devonshire lass" (Barnstaple, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone just before christmas, as I'd wanted one for ages. Don't be fooled by its good looks. True, this phone really looks the part, but within a couple of days the LCD display on the outside of the phone had cracked (and I look after my phones!), and I've had no end of problems with the phone deleting numbers from the memory and I've had to keep an address book in my bag with everyone's numbers in just in case I need to contact someone and the number's been deleted. Also, the battery life is terrible, lasting maybe a couple of days with even light use, and the ringtones are really chavvy.
I'm not a mobile phone anorak or anything like that, but I do like them to be practical and stand up to everyday life, and I'm really disappointed with this one. From now on it's back to good old Nokia for me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone okay, overall package poor, 22 Jun. 2009
Laurence Watson (Woking, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a replacement/upgrade to an existing V3. The phone came from the German supplier Kontra and was obviously intended for the Russian market. The user manual was supplied in German and Russian only and the charger was a non-UK model. It also came with none of the extras I would have expected, such as Phone Tools software and data cable. This didn't bother me personally as I already had all these items, but someone buying this phone model for the first time would probably have issues. There was also no Micro SD card supplied which was disappointing as the separate memory card is a key feature of the phone. As it's a sim-free phone, I was expecting the need to do some manual configuring. However, the text messaging was set to Russian language (it took me a while to figure out how to change this) and getting it set up for web browsing and MMS was complicated by all the available configuration slots being taken up by settings for other networks which couldn't be deleted. In summary, the phone itself is fine (I still regard the V3 series as the best flip phone design) but I can't recommend this overall package, especially to a new user, due to the non UK manual and charger, the lack of extras and the amount of manual configuring required.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but if you want a phone that works, don't get this, 31 Jan. 2009
As a positive, the phone looks very good,is pretty solid and has nice intuitive menus. However, I also suffered from the problem of the phone freezing for a few seconds and then going dark and then swtiching back on from point one. This was fine at first. Now it does this in the middle of a phonecall and disconnects the call. However, now I charge the phone, take a 3 minute call and it starts beeping at me with low battery. Also doing this with a new battery replacement. It now also doesn't ring and goes straight to voicemail, and then doesn't send me a message to let me know I have a voicemail. I'm seriously disappointed. I started off with the V3 and moved onto this which was SUCH a mistake. I never write bad reviews but I am so surprised by how hopeless this phone is, consiering how much I wanted it in the first place. The picture quality is also not great. Please do give it a go if you want but my genuine advice is to look elsewhere for a more reliable model. You have been warned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, 1 Sept. 2012
I must say the delivery was great on time and well packed. Unfortunately after receiving It completely froze and wouldn't work at all after only 2 hours. I was extremely disappointed as I had to gone away for the week to Ireland and couldn't even buy a new one what would be any good to once home and I really needed to keep in touch with my family, I am sure this mobile must have been faulty when it was sold to me.
On the plus side when I did return and contacted the seller it was dealt with efficiently and thoroughly. I received a full refund (cheque) with postage and packaging paid for as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate the phone, 28 Nov. 2012
I regret to say that the said mobile phone has not met my expectations. Even with a memory card it does not hold messages and after receiving 17 messages the message telling me that the the system is full. Also it cuts out. T9 is rubbish. All in all I regret buying it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please check the color, 18 Jun. 2010
A Kid's Review
The motorola color you see looks beautiful, but when i actually opened the box and saw a white colored one completely different from the picture seen in amazon. So i recommend annyone who's interested to buy this product please be carefull before comitting to buy as you may not be interested in the color delivered to you than the one seen in amazon.

I suggest you check with the provider prior to ordering this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad review, 26 Aug. 2011
Unfortunatly the phone does not work properly, I can hear the person I am trying to contact but after 10 to 15 seconds the mouth piece on the phone stops working and they cannot hear me talking. Unfortunatly I am abroad working which is why I wanted a sim free phone and cannot get back to have the phone changed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorola V3i, 29 July 2013
After a lot of problems at the start I am now happy with my Motorola V3i. Having had a Motorola V3 for about 7 years I needed to replace it. As it is no longer available I eventually went for the V3i. One of the main problems was with text messages. When I received a text message the telephone Number was displayed and not the name of the sender. This was quite frustrating. I returned to the Orange shop who were unable to give me an answer. I tried help on line and despite this costing me over £20 I still did not get an answer. Eventually my grandson managed to work it out! So much for the experts! I also thought that the manual was very poor, it didn't seem genuine when looking up an item in the index to be told it was on page ?? the item wasn't there and I had to trawl through the whole manual before finding the answer. I am now reasonably happy with the phone.

Motorola V3i - Sim Free Mobile Phone