on 2 October 2012
These are pretty sturdy aluminium/alloy outside lights. I have three and they work wel and look good. The 'glass' really is a heavy duty glass. It pays to shop around for the best deal.
on 3 March 2013
When it arrived it was much heavier than I had expected - being die cast aluminium. Unfortunately is was inadequately packaged and the glass shade was broken. Contacted the company who apologised and immediately sent out a replacement which arrived the next day. I was well impressed with their response.

The fitting itself is a bit fiddly to open up to insert bulb (two small screws) but when installed it looks and operates well.
on 18 July 2014
This is the second one of these that I buy; not necessarily becasue I fell in love with the first one! No, the glass is not fitted to the light fitting and it simply fell and broke. I couldn't find a replacement glass, so I had to buy a new one! If you end up buying one, be extra careful during installation.

Unlike what the description says, there's no light bulb included and I know this for sure as I have bought two!

There's an arrow inside the base indicating 'Top' and when you allign that towards top you realise that the light bulb points to one side as opposed to down. It would make more sense if the bulb pointed down! I've set my builder to the challenge to try to turn it!
on 13 May 2013
And have bought these to replace existing units. I live close to the sea and a couple of these are starting to lose the paint, one is particularly bad. I like the look and don't want to go to the trouble of finding something else, these were on sale so I've bought these but intend to spray them with 'clear coat' before I fit them in the hope it will protect them a bit longer. The old ones I may get grit blasted and paint. UPDATE: Interesting to note when I was fitting these as replacements to the existing fittings I had that the new glass wouldn't 'seal'. A quick investigation with kitchen scales showed that the older product was 132g heavier, I've painted up one of the old units having stripped of the paint and rubbed of the corrosion and it looks OK. If you are thinking of this, by the time you've bought paint etc and the time taken, at less than £19 a unit it makes more sense to replace. A couple of coats of clear coat remains my recommendation though.
on 21 February 2013
plastic back tinylittle cover screw which are easily lost because they are so small....cables clip fit rather than screwed. unit much smaller than thought.
on 16 December 2012
I have two of these lights, one either side of my outside summer kitchen. Fitted with low energy bulbs they give off a beautiful white glow downwards onto the worktops without lighting up the sky above or ''blinding'' you at face height. A very sturdy, well made product which is, in my opinion, excellent value for money.
on 28 July 2014
The first delivery of this item arrived with both lamp lenses broken. It then took almost a fortnight to get replacements which also proved to be broken. This time is was the rather cheap flimsy bulb holder that had broken. I am still trying to get a replacement almost four weeks on from the original order date
on 9 January 2014
Two of the four lights I ordered arrived with broken glass, very frustrating, BUT two minutes on-line and twenty four hours later two replacements arrived, perfect condition. Things go wrong, it's all about how you recover the situation. This customer service from Amazon was truly outstanding. The lights are a quality product, Inadequately protected for transit by distributor Massive - get your act together boys - all salvaged by Amazon's excellent customer service.
on 23 April 2013
Got this to replace an old fitting that was looking rather old. I've never fitted a lamp outside, and this one could hardly be easier. Remove the metal black covering by unscrewing 2 screws. Drill 2 holes in the wall, screw it to the wall and push the 2 wires into the bulb holder. No fiddly little screws to hold the wire in, they snap in. Replace the cover and bobs your uncle. Remeber to put a buld in!
on 7 October 2014
Very well manufactured, but sadly poorly designed. As mentioned by another reviewer, the light bulb is mounted horizontally, and so the light comes out of mainly the right-hand side of the unit. Looks odd to me when lit. The connections for the wires are unconventional, and an electrician friend said that he had not seen this type of wiring push-in type of fitting before. Seems to work ok though.