5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Classic, 9 Mar 2006
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
First heard Matt playing live as a support act to Jack Johnson this year and was blown away. If you're a fan of Jack then you really need to have this in your collection (he's signed to the same label, Brushfire Records). At times, the album is upbeat and fun as with "Sunshine" and then at others, haunting as with "Astair". This really is one of the best albums i've listened to in along time. You need to purchase this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Johnson meets Belle & Sebastian, 28 Feb 2006
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
This is a great album! I only got it yesterday so have only heard it a couple of times but I love it already. I bought it because he's supporting Jack Johnson this weekend and I wanted to hear him beforehand, now I am really looking forward to his live performance. I expected him to sound a bit like Jack but I reckon he sounds more like Belle & Sebastian (no bad thing).
It's a mixture of the laidback acoustic sounds you'd expect from someone in the Brushfire Records stable and upbeat, tap your feet, get up and dance, sing a long music.
Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 23 Jan 2008
E. Rich (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing a few tracks, and was not at all disappointed. I've owned it a few years, and it's still an album I listen to regularly. Relaxing and cheerful, great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Songs we like!.., 23 Feb 2006
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
So this is my little review of what I think is one of the best new albums this year.. Matt Costa has made a record that makes you want to smile and enjoy life, more than ussual. All though not all songs is of my taste, I hear them anyway just because of his comforting voice. I got the record almost 2 months ago, and haven´t heard anything more relaxing, happy and inspirational music in a long time. Except for Jack Johnsons new album, where Matt also apears on!.. The only right word for this record is GREAT!.. So I suggest you buy it and enjoy life..

5.0 out of 5 stars Some people have got it all., 19 May 2008
Night Writer (Bucks, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
Pro Skateboarding for ages not enough...lets write a great record as well.

First three songs are the best opening to any album I've heard in about 10 years, the standard is nearly maintained all the way through.

Another artist that isn't afraid of trying out a few musical styles from one song to the next.

An excellent addition to any music collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt Costa is awesome., 28 Aug 2006
Georgina Bedford (South Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
I heard Matt supporting Jack Johnson earlier this year in Plymouth and he was great. This album is a sweet mix of differnet styles with absolutly awesome songs. You'd be mad not to like this especially if your a fan of Jack Johnson. Seriously, you really should get this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Songs We Sing (Audio CD)
Very excellent music for chillin, with his acoustic sound.

Songs We Sing
Songs We Sing by Matt Costa (Audio CD - 2006)