4.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
bought this for my son and he really really likes this so I am glad that I have bought it

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant album, 6 May 2008
A. Scott - See all my reviews
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
great hip hop album by far da best rapper in da game at da mo just my opinion, highlights the obvious ones what you know, why you wanna as well as im straight, stand up guy, ride with me and topback every track on da album is gud in its own rite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Rap!, 10 May 2007
Mr. G. A. Morris "GM's" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
before getting this i didnt think much of T.I..i started to like 'what you know' so i got the album..... and now he his one of my favorite, his lyrics and beats are everything a rap lover could want with his own personal sound and style.

it is one of those albums where you will like every song (well... it is for me!)

5.0 out of 5 stars the king is back, 16 Oct 2006
M. Roskell "mikerozza" (Blackpool,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
i am a big fan of southern rap music and this is definately one of my favourite southern albums. i am a big fan of young jeezy and i cant wait for his new album, he was my favourite atlanta rapper but now i need to rethink that TI has come up with an amazing album and is a very good rapper.

5.0 out of 5 stars As the titles says "King", 5 Sep 2006
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
This is my first venture into Southern rap, although I've found some singles quite catchy all the southern rappers seem to use the same flow with no creativity with their lyrics. Maybe that's the essence of the southern flow, but I'm not feeling it enough to buy an album...but stop the press... T.I. has changed the Southern game with a classic. This album is gifted with exceptional production and T.I. lyrical prowess and versatility is impressive. This is a must for your CD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real King Of The South, 14 Jun 2006
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
I bought this album without knowing much about the supposed 'King of the South' and without hearing any of his previous music bar a '99 Problems' remix which i was very impressed with. I am a big fan of hip-hop but i've only recently began to listen to the Dirty South and although i was impressed with Young Buck's first offering i was slightly disappointed with Young Jeezy's debut.

I believe that T.I. is the 'King of the South' and on this offering he throughly deserves his title. However i do believe that this album is not an easy listen for the first few times anyway and it isn't for a fan just getting into hip-hop as a genre. But once i had listened to the album for a second or third time i realised what a great album this really is. T.I. is catchy but not cheesy and his flow to the beat is incredible.

At a first glance an album with such producers as Pharrell and the brilliant Just Blaze it should be good. My favourite stand out tracks are 'What You Know', 'Live In The Sky' with Jamie Foxx, 'Why You Wanna', 'Undertaker' with Young Buck and 'Goodlife' with Pharrell and Common. If you are into the Dirty South then this is a must buy album *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Southern Hip Hop At It's Best, 4 May 2006
M. Tuckwell - See all my reviews
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
After thoroughlly enjoying TI's last album, i was extremely optimistic about the new one. It definately failed to disappoint, "what you know" being for me one of the track's of the year. The album is extremely lively, with some quality lyrics, and was an enjoyment to listen to. TI is extremely popular in the USA, but if he keeps on doin what he's doin, i'm sure he'll break into the UK's music scene. Here is a list of the best tracks which stand out for me: "What You Know", "Ride Wit Me", "Get It", "Stand Up Guy".

5.0 out of 5 stars a cult classic, 29 May 2006
Mr. J. Liu "Jezzmond" (portsmouth, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
i have to say i am a big fan of hip hop/rap but the industry has saturated within recent times. i would say that there are a few artists that are still producing great hits and albums i.e. lil wayne, nas, but in my opinion T.I. is the leading figure.

this album, the follow up to urban legend which in it's own right is a fine album, i would say is one of the best rap albums i have ever heard. the standout track has to be 'what you know' but there are a few others which are worth a mention like 'why you wanna', 'king back', 'i'm talking to you', 'ride wit me', 'live in the sky', 'top back'.

this album also features collaborations with jamie foxx, young buck, young dro, young jeezy and psc.

overall i would highly reccomend purchasing this album, another classic from T.I.

4.0 out of 5 stars The king is back..., 14 May 2006
This review is from: King (U.S. Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Although i am a really big fan of southern rap, i never really got into the likes of T.I., i had listened to a couple of tracks on 'Trap Muzik' and 'Urban Legend', and i was impressed.

King is without a doubt one of the best albums this man has made. I was completly gobsmacked when i heard the speed of this man's rapping in the just blaze produced 'I'm Talking To You', where he praises his rap heroes, including Jay-Z and the Diplomats. 'What You Know' is another stand out tune, where you can literally let the song fly fast you, and 'Why you Wanna' is another stand out tune. I managed to listen to this whole album without skipping any tracks, however from the first 10 tracks, the flow does start to drop, but it comes right back with 'goodlife' where pharrell and common attempt to resurrect the album.

Overall it is definitely worth a listen or definitely worth borrowing/stealing off your friends who own this album, but it should be purchased if you are into the southern rap scene. Keep up the good work Mr Harris!

King (U.S. Explicit Version)
King (U.S. Explicit Version) by T.I. (Audio CD - 2006)