5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice, wonderful songs, 26 May 2007
M Smith "Ma'eee" (Twickenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BALANCE (Audio CD)
I first heard Sara singing "Bom Feeling" on the Jools Holland show, so I bought the albumn on the strength of one song. I haven't regretted. Highlights include the upbeat "One Love" and the hauntingly beautiful "De Nua". "Poka Terra" is a superb exercise in complicated rhythm, executed effortlessly. I challenge anyone to dislike this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bom Feeling Indeed!, 19 April 2008
This review is from: BALANCE (Audio CD)
I first saw this in a store. Like I do with all new music, I noted the name and checked it out online. Within a few minutes of hearing the samples, I knew I had to get it.

Born in Portugal but heavily influenced by both her native Cape Verde and Europe, Sara Tavares has crafted a piece of musical magic that is sure to enchant you a little more by the day.

Stand out tracks for me are Balance, Bom Feeling and One Love.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and often moving collection of songs and performances, 4 Aug 2006
This review is from: Balance (Audio CD)
from the singer who represented Portugal at Eurovision in 1994. But this album is a long way from Eurovision. It's authentic and fresh: playful on the title track, and almost heartbreakingly gentle on "Guisa" and "Muna Xeia."

This CD marks Sara Tavares' arrival as a mature singer/songwriter, and as a musician too. There are shades of Astrud Gilberto here, and also of a young Miriam Makeba. But it's original throughout, and if this recording is any indication then Sara Tavares is definitely an artist to watch out for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly unique, 21 Jan 2007
D. Goldie "not_too_critical" (Warrington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balance (Audio CD)
Saw Sara on Jools Holand show on the BBC and rushed to buy the CD. her voice has a wonderful tonal quality and the music is laid-back and soothing. Only drawback is....I have no idea what she's singing about.

BALANCE
BALANCE by Sara Tavares (Audio CD - 2011)