5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Putumayo collection, 8 Dec. 2010
Androo (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
I loved Putumayo's 'French Cafe' CD, so it was only natural that I was attracted to this one. The music on it is similar, but more contemporary. It's all pretty laid back once again, largely acoustic, melodic, relaxing. The songs chosen tread a fine line, since this kind of music can be corny or cheesy, or drift from humour (good) to comedy (bad). And if you delve into the back catalogues of many of the artists on this CD, it shows how good Putumayo's song selection is, and how they've avoided the wrong kind of songs. I think this is the secret to these CDs.
If you really get into some of the songs, it can be a useful stepping stone to finding more of the same, but you may find that other songs by these artists are not what you expected.
I don't like every track. Pascal Parisot's Je Reste Au Lit, with its John Shuttleworth-esque keyboards, is too close to corny for me. And I find Keren Ann's Jardin D'Hiver a bit ordinary and clichéd. Some of the songs lack a bit of bite, but then I suppose that's the genre in a way.
My favourite tracks are both by groups: the subtle rhumba of Karpatt's Dites Moi Tu, and the madly passionate, insanely catchy Serre Moi by Tryo. These are both superb tracks.
Most of the rest is uniformly excellent and it all works beautifully together. It's the sort of music you'll want to listen to over and over. There's another in the French series and I can't imagine it'll be long before I have to buy that one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parisian Perfection, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
First heard this music in a little Curiosity Shop while on Holiday with Hubby in beautiful Cornwall instantly fell in love with the romantic melodies asked the owner of the shop what it was, luckily for me she sold them
I bought the Vintage France CD we played it constantly in the car as we drove round the country lanes
As soon as we arrived home l then ordered the Paris CD also French Cafe
Have put all three on a playlist mix them all up on shuffle that way you get a good variation
We have had many wonderful evenings listening to this music and reminiscing about our fab holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastique!, 16 Jun. 2007
Peter Huitson (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
I wanted a CD which captured the sound of Paris - sexy, sultry, easy on the ears and this CD encapsulates all of those and more. Have a listen - like me, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars RELAXING.., 4 April 2014
MsOtakon. (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
I simply adore this CD, it is one of my personal favourites that I'd listen to in the comfort of my own home. Definitely has painted an accurate portrait of Paris and makes it feel like I really am in the romantic city!
I even have it on my iPod and whenever I'm sitting in a Cafe on one of those rainy days, all I have to do is just listen and I'd feel relaxed. It definitely is a wonderful selection of songs, very smooth and sophisticated.
I highly recommend this CD. I would also say the same about the other France CDs by Putumayo (which I also have in my collection): Acoustic France and French Cafe.
The price of the product was reasonable, Amazon service was excellent and product arrived well packaged and sealed.

5.0 out of 5 stars a joy to listen to..., 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
get yourself a glass or wine, sit back and soak up the beautiful music on this cd. a must buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Feb. 2015
Good choice of music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you like lounge type music, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
Some great songs but as usual some duff songs too. Best waiting for iTunes so you can listen to them first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Paris (Audio CD)
I am unable to comment on this product becuase it was a gift and unopened by the buyer who merely sent it on to another person, However the goods arrived within the promised time and appeared to be in good condition, so the seller should be commended.

Paris
Paris by Putumayo Presents (Audio CD - 2006)