on 25 April 2011
I have never been able to find a toy resembling the London Underground train except for expensive scale models, which are not really the thing if all you need is something for your kid to play with. This one however ticks the boxes in price, durability and accuracy. Yes the lamp post will break, but even of that was not provided, it would not have been an issue for me. A good choice for a hard to find toy.
on 25 November 2010
We now have 2 of these. My 2 boys - 6 and 4 - love them. They have about a million trams, train carriages, etc but they are crazy about their tube trains. Must be the colours (or as my elder son claims) something to do with it being the 'jubilee line' train.

When you get the train, ensure you unscrew the base to reveal the wheels. I made an initial gaff when, on receipt, I thought it was 'display only' due to the plastic base.

The trains are durable - still holding their own after 3 months of rolling into solid surfaces. I must say though that the street lamps that accompanied the trains got broken within a week, but hey, who cares about lamps on tracks?

It's now August 2013 and I'm back to get more. The original two are still going strong and my kids are not angels.
on 5 January 2015
If you have a child that's obsessed with transport, cars, trucks, trains etc they will live this toy train. It's not very big, about the size of an adults hand from top of middle finger to wrist. But it's well made and detailed. Comes with its own lil train stop.
on 21 December 2011
My son Dominik (2,5) is crazy about trains, undergrounds, buses, tramways and all kinds of public transport vehicles, so I've been looking for model toys. Undergrounds are very hard to find, in fact we had none before. I was very happy to find this toy and although it's quality and design was hard to judge by the picture I decided to order anyway.
Now, after 3 weeks of use, I can happily say that this is a great toy! We took it off his platform, but gets back there for the night. It is nicely crafted, as realistic as possible, looks durable and gives good fun to my son. He loves it! :)
Thank you!

ps: I would only be happier if this existed in grey colour too, or in a bit bigger version with openable doors :)
on 25 December 2013
My 4 year son is mad about cars , trains, planes etc. most of trains are Thomas like and to see something different like this which my son calls as "Jubilee Train" was very nice.

as people have pointed out ,initially I also thaught this is display only, and then realized you can remove track.

train looks sturdy and am hoping this is going to be my sons best toy for long long time.
on 2 December 2013
My son is almost 5 and train mad!! He will love this. It is very detailed and looks very accurate to a tube train. It is a bit smaller than I expected but that's fine. He will love it. The simple things are usually best with kids. Fab.
on 30 October 2012
Bought this for a little boy as a present who is crazy about trains and he was made up with it! Although needed to be unscrewed from the base which is why i have given 4 stars instead of 5.
on 21 April 2014
Very well made, and a nice little tube train that gets the thumbs up all round.
One thing to note though, is that this does not fit on Brio (or similar) wooden track.
That doesn't seem to bother our son too much, as he just likes it anyway, but I did buy it thinking it would fit on there.
You need to remove a small screw in order to get it off the base, but once done it's good to go.
on 28 June 2013
Realistic train and cheap too, nephew is two and he loves itand takes it on trains with him and wont play with anything else
on 21 July 2014
lovely toy - had to remove the track so that the child could PLAY with it - am glad it has wheels and can be pushed around