5.0 out of 5 stars awesome stuff
well as most people seem to have done i paid no attention to the first reviewer who although calling himself a music fan might want to look up some of the terms he uses first. is this album funky? it most definately is. can you dance to it? sorry that you found this not worthy for your line dancing classes but for normal dancing it work.

this album just...
Published on 10 Jan 2007 by S. C. Aubrey

3.0 out of 5 stars weirdly good
I bought this for the Relaxed Muscle song as I'm a big Jarvis Cocker fan. Their song that features here is called 'This Is As Good As It Gets' and it nearly is as it's become my second favourite Relaxed Muscle song after 'Mary'.

Published on 3 Aug 2009 by fredthe3rd

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome stuff, 10 Jan 2007
This review is from: DFA Remixes Chapter 1 (Audio CD)

this album just demonstrates the skill that the dfa team have, they remix songs giving them such new life that you wouldnt believe it came from the original. the new version of hot chips just like we break down being in my opinion the best track with perhaps the blues explosion being the weakest. i would honeslty recomend this album to any who like the artists on the DFA label, having said that it did take me a couple of lissons to really get into it.

3.0 out of 5 stars weirdly good, 3 Aug 2009

The title of that song is quite typical of the album as after a few listens i realised that most if not all of the songs are about sex in one way or another.

I was a bit worried the other songs on here might be a bit "plinky-plonky" and some are like that (expecially towards the end) but most of the songs on here are very catchy (even whilst being experimental) - If you liked the Pickled Eggs & Sherbert album by All Seeing I (and if you're a Cocker fan like me you should) then you can use that as a reference point. Most of the songs are of the quality of the songs on that album which had proper lyrics - a handful are a bit too experimental like the 'other' songs on the All Seeing I album

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 26 May 2008
Dobbsy (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DFA Remixes Chapter 1 (Audio CD)
I used to DJ a lot around London and have dropped a lot of these tunes to packed crowds. The proof is in the pudding as the crowd loves these tracks every single time - especially Dare!! The remix of Dare may go on and on but that's the charm - it get's more intense as it reaches it's climax. Overall most of these remixes are classics in their own right. If you're a Dj playing contempory Punk Funk sounding tunes then you should already have most of these in your box!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shining example of a modern dance music compilation, 18 July 2006
This review is from: DFA Remixes Chapter 1 (Audio CD)
Firstly, IGNORE THE FIRST REVIEWER!!!!! I could rant on for hours about how he's somehow "..missed the point on so many levels" etc etc, but I'll stop short and simply say that this is a truly awesome compilation. An absolute must have for any discerning contemporary dance music enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this Album, 13 Nov 2007
Supremereactr "Matt" (Gold Coast, Qld, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore (Audio CD)
My Fav Track has to be Scott Brown - Now is the time, so many memories and good times listening to this album. I'm hardcore and this is where it began, to learn you're harcore listen to this. If you have got been introduced to hardcore you should buy this album and true hardcorist's will already own this album. I'm hardcore and this is what I do. . .

5.0 out of 5 stars MAD 4 IT, 30 Jan 2004
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore (Audio CD)
I love this album and i love happy hardcore, especialy when im smacked of my tits on E. GO ON MY SON!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Happy Hardcore then you will like this, 7 Jan 2001
This review is from: Happy 2b Hardcore (Audio CD)
This is happy hardcore. Personally, as a fan of happy hardcore, this is my album of preference. It is truly happy music, if you feel down/depressed, this is a greatly recommmended, a true pick-me-up. Brings back so many memories of 4/5 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 15 May 2006
T. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DFA Remixes Chapter 1 (Audio CD)
I was nearly put off by the negative review but I'm glad I wasn't. If you rate other DFA stuff etc chances are you'll like this too. Some great tracks on here well worth getting hold of.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 17 Aug 2014
rubbish tunes

2.0 out of 5 stars Them Pesky Students!, 30 Mar 2006
This review is from: DFA Remixes Chapter 1 (Audio CD)
I bought this Cd as I had enjoyed the LCD Soundsystem album, which I thought was fresh and witty.
Unfortunately, this collection of remixed indie rock tracks clunks and rattles like a 1980s "Dance Remix" of a U2 song. No funk, no tunes, no sex.
Like a group of drunken college students, this record is not as clever as it thinks it is, its jokes are not funny, it cant dance and it overstays its welcome, with some tracks over 12 minuets long. The Gorillaz tune "Dare", the original a great short sharp modern pop tune,is stretched out until the soul of the song vanishes. Give me something sharp, short and sexy over this ponderous leaden rubbish any day! Give me real feeling and emotion over this too-cool-for-school ironic racket!

DFA Remixes Chapter 1
DFA Remixes Chapter 1 by Happy 2b Hardcore (Series) (Audio CD - 2006)