5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Published on 28 Nov 2008 by perfecto

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT the cast from the West End !!!
This is NOT the original cast or anything close to sounding like it. This is a singing group called "London Theatre Orchestra and Singers". You'll note it from the first track, when the singer of Rafiki sounds like a child.
Don't buy it, and save your money.
Published on 20 Mar 2006 by Cristian W

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 28 Nov 2008
perfecto (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording (Audio CD)
I am a huge fan of Lion King since I was young, but only recently had the chance to catch the Lion King: Musical at Lyceum London. I already heard the good reviews from friends and colleagues, but nothing can prepare you for this experience! I have never really been a huge fan of musicals, but if there's one musical you ever catch, make sure it's this. Breathtaking sets and costumes, fantastic acting, powerful music and vocals, awe-inspiring coordination, choreography and directing are just some amazing elements of this musical. This leads me to the life of any musical...the songs. The original Lion King's songs are already classics in any standards (winning the Oscars, Golden Globes and what not)...but here, reinvented and given a breath of fresh air...it's a different kind of perfection. I thought the extra infusion of African sounds, and more kinetic rhythms perfectly suited a live musical adaptation of the animated version. The songs really capture the emotional moments, the highs and lows of the characters...which I believe was what made The Lion King so successful. At the end of the show, looking around...I saw both children and adults wide-eyed, clapping thunderously and continuously until even after the curtains closed. Just a note, this show has been performed to sold-out crowds in West End since being introduced here in 1999, and I found difficulty even getting tickets for this screening! You've not watched a musical until you've watched The Lion King: Musical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, 6 May 2006
Kyle "KazSmurph" (Llangoed, Anglesey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording (Audio CD)
Having recently been to see the London production, I felt that I should edit this accordingly. This CD is amazing! The magic of The Lion King has obviouly been brought to the stage in a way that none can comprehend. The music is just as brilliant, if not better, than the soundtrack from the film, and also includes many songs that were not in the film. The most striking of these, I find, is "He Lives In You." This is such an amazing song, in my opinion the best of the whole CD. It is one that I found myself listening to over and over again, never getting tired of it! It is truely the heart of the CD! However, this doesn't mean that the other tracks are terrible. From the hugely brilliant "Circle Of Life" to the beautiful "Can You Feel The Love Tonight," nothing here fails to please! Every single track gets a 10/10, and you will never regret buying this!

The musical itself is mesmorising. From the very first note of Rafiki's chant in "Circle Of Life", I was captivated. The music is one thing, but the whole atmosphere and electricity of watching the show play out, to music you already love, is a truely unforgettable experience. Will I see it again? Absolutely! This is, and should only be, an introduction to the musical, or something to remember the show by. But I guarantee you, if you go to see this musical, you will most definitely want to go again. If you've been to the musical, buy this so you that you'll never forget it, if you haven't, then you will certainly want to after you've heard this. This is Disney at its best, and it's a truly magical best that you will not want to miss!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING. SEE IT NOW. PERIOD., 14 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording (Audio CD)
The Lion King has always been one of those musicals that I've always known about but not really thought of seeing. However, after seeing the show, I was completely blown away. One of the best, if not THE best musicals I have ever seen. Whenever people come out of The Lion King they tell everyone how amazing it was and I always wondered what it was that made it so good. Well now I know. And, unfortunately, it cannot be put into words and I simply can't explain it to you. However, what I can tell you is that you will not regret buying this soundtrack. The music truly captures the soul of the Musical and although I've heard some people say it's like the film but not as good, I have to completely disagree. There's an atmosphere to the stage version that wasn't captured in the movie, and some of my favourite songs from the Musical aren't even in the film as they've added loads of great new songs just for the stage adaption.

Seriuosly, words cannot express how amazing this show and this score is, but now I understand why this show's been in London for 10 years and is still bringing in a full house on a regular basis.

In short: BUY IT. NOW. DON'T HESITATE. IT'S WORTH IT. AMAZING.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT the cast from the West End !!!, 20 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Lion King (Audio CD)
Don't buy it, and save your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very differnet from original, but still very good, 7 Jan 2007
Lucy Hunt (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lion King (Audio CD)
when I first listened to this CD, I didn't enjoy it, compared to the original sound track from the movie and the west end production of it. However, after listening to few of the songs I found it was really interesting. I feel there are some really beautiful songs, and really enjoyed listening to it. It is not the west end production (as clearly stated) but the London Theatre Orchestra and Cast have done a brilliant recreation of the films sound track, I would deffinately recommend buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure magic, 16 July 2006
L. Bell "teenbookqueen" (Sharnbrook, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording (Audio CD)
i have been to see the stage show three times and every time it becomes more and more magical. there is nothing that can top it, or the original film. the music has much more of an african influence on this cd but that just makes it better. listening to the circle of life still sends shivers up my spine even after the 100th listening. you must buy this cd if you have seen the show, and even if you havent then it will make you want to see it. proof that even perfection can be improved!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Soundtrack -- Bit of A Shame it's the US Version, 4 Dec 2012
Saw TLK at the Lyceum Theatre earlier in the year, and it was brilliant. After debating a little between this and the movie soundtracks, I bought this one, and I'm glad I did. Some of the songs are new additions to the story ("The Lioness Hunt"; "Chow Down") and "They Live/He Lives In You" is brought over from TLK 2/Rhythm of the Pride Lands. Some of the other songs ("Grasslands Chant") contain music and lyrics from background songs from the original film.

I would have loved this even more if it was the UK original cast singing, but I guess there wasn't much point in releasing two English-language versions of the same songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD, 7 Sep 2009
Beth Beth (St Andrews, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lion King (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my daughter, after the Lion King show in the Lyceum theatre, London.
The voices on the CD differ from the voices in the musical. Having realised that, I ordered a similar disk with the original Broadway cast,
but the Broadway cast seems worse than this record by the London Theatre Orchestra.
My daughter clearly prefers the London cast.
Overall, a good purchase, good value for money, we had lots of fun singing along with it! The Lion King

5.0 out of 5 stars Captures the show perfectly, 22 April 2009
This review is from: The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording (Audio CD)
If you have children or have lost a parent then the Lion King can work on many levels, as well as being a good musical with great songs.
If you are lucky enough to have seen the show then this CD allows you to re-live the experience.
This was a good cast; excellent vocal performances and great arrangements.
Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 13 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This production is stunning, and the CD beautifully captures this inspiring music. Buy this and go to the show. I am not usually a 'Musicals' fan but this one truly is unmissable.

The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording
The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast Recording by Mark Mancina (Audio CD - 2006)