5.0 out of 5 stars The Crue's Legacy?
Well, I've never been an obsessive fan of Motley Crue, but a fan nontheless, and I have always been aware at the excesses they go to to put on a good show.

Published on 3 May 2006 by smarston1986

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete dissapointment
Forget it, if you look for an 'upgrade' from a normal DVD version -waste of money! Don't expect TrueHD or Master Audio - they are not there, and the Sound is the same as on a normal DVD - derelict Dolby Digital! Picture is no big improvement either. I think this is the biggest flop of a recent 'blu-ray upgrade mania'. Shame, as I always considered American production...
Published on 19 Jun 2009 by A. I. Klishanets

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crue's Legacy?, 3 May 2006
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)

So when I saw this DVD on the shelves I thought - can't be bad. I ignored the steep price and bought it. It is an AMAZING show. This isn't just a gig, it's an actual performance - almost like seeing a musical!

Initially you've got some awesome rock n roll, played by people who, amazingly, are not past their prime just yet (despite Vince Neill putting on the pounds), and you also get some insane pyrotechnics, insane clowns, midgets, cabaret dancers, acrobatic insanity, drum solos, bass solos: THE LOT.

Value for money? Yes, given they play for a VERY long time here. Plus there is a second disc of special features and documentaries which are worth a delve into.

You don't have to be the world's biggest Crue fan to enjoy this - it's pure entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock 'n' Roll at its finest, 16 Mar 2006
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
Before I bought this dvd, my main concern was wether Vince would be up to the task and be able do himself justice. After the Lewd, Crue'd & Tattooed DVD, many people thought Vince was past it. It brings me great pleasure in saying the Crue are back! Vince, Nikki, Mick & Tommy put on a kick-ass show which is as good, if not better, than anything they did in the 80's. My only disapointment is that Vince wasn't screaming out Kickstart My Heart as well as he could be, but I only noticed as its my personal fave, to be honest. I totally recommend this to any rock fan, the Crue really are on top form. I really hope this is a comeback tour & not a goodbye one, because on this form, they can revive metal music the same way Iron Maiden did in the early 80's. Don't believe me, buy the DVD & prove me right! ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars bring On The Crue, 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
I saw The Canival Of sins live and this video captures everything!!
fantastic,
if you have never seen the Crue live this will make you wish that you had

5.0 out of 5 stars Motley's most cynical fan writes..., 1 Nov 2005
Was I the only one hating the idea of a Motley Crue re-union?
Lets be honest for those reading magazines and rumours the premise seemed to be greater than the inevitable concert.
Even if it did happen how can you please older fans whilst remaining fresh to new ones, like myself.
I loved the really early Motley Crue because of the heaviness, the excitement of the live shows and their whole array of diverse tunes. I also dug Generation Swine (the album I first heard of the band) with the awesome "Afraid" and its video.
Motley Crue's New Tattoo (without Tommy Lee on drums) was not only an appalling record but one that meant a scaled down tour that finally split the remaining band. If you read reviews of the other live DVD "Lewd, Crued and Tattooed, I agree that the band were missing more than just a Crue member.
There were three questions being asked. Would Vince do his job as the great front man he is or would he be the overweight, sloppy, drunk that "entertained" back water tour dates in America's blue collar.
How would Tommy Lee fit back in considering his much publicised "thug lifestyle" as a multi-music rap/metal/techno, comeback artist? Whilst classic Crue fans probably appreciate seeing the legendary "rock drummer", you couldn't ignore the contrast seen in his recent efforts.
And finally, would the band turn up to live shows?
I was dead wrong about the above, and the final question. Have they got their act together?
Well they did, and I saw the (now infamous) stage show that was awesome and I wondered did the Crue ever split up, at all? Because in my opinion the show was the second best live concert I've seen. And I've seen many bands live, come and go; none topping the sheer energy of a band in their 40's (though with the exception of Mick, all looking young) performing as enthusiastically as though they were 20.
With equal enthusiasm comes this DVD which captures just a single tour date in the U.S. However this is done solely for quality purposes, I mean do you really want to go back to cameras filming grainy, static induced live shows or do you want the get the most out of your DVD?
But most fans agree this was the sheer bliss seen live in their own respective dates. The track listing is chronological (awesome so new fans will jump in surprise by how heavy earlier Motley Crue tunes were) and finishing off with even heavier latter day tunes, Primal Scream, Wildside and of course Sick Love Song. As for modernising the band this DVD is mint with sound production from Bob Rock and Mike Gillies (don't know him but the picture quality is awesome).

5.0 out of 5 stars Motley crue, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
We loved this , it had all our favourite songs on it , so over the top , so motley crue

5.0 out of 5 stars sinfull, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
motley crue are the best band in the world i have everything they have ever done.this live concert is just truely awsome

5.0 out of 5 stars CRUE LIVE, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
I had seen various clips of this concert on U Tube. I noticed Amazon had it. Is a fab concert & some great interviews on Disc 2 of the band and crew (no pun). Of you are a fan then buy this. I also find is an excellent DVD to listen to while exercising!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crue rocks!, 25 Jun 2011
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
This has got to be one of the best live DVD's i've seen. Motley Crue prove they've still got it. Excellent stage show and all the classic Crue tracks. From the opener "Shout at the Devil" to the finale "Anarchy in the UK" it's a pyrotechnic extravaganza. If you like Motley Crue you will love this. If you've never heard them then this will make you a fan for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motley Crue at their best!, 18 Jun 2010
A. Boylett "andyboylett" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is excellent. It's Motley Crue at their best, playing all the songs you'd want to hear, incorperated into a great show with all the dancers, acrobats and pyro any self respecting rock fan would ever want - plus Tommy Lee's legendary Titty Cam!

This is one of my all time favorite live dvds as the sound mix is great, the direction is excellent and even Tommy's drum solo (usually a cue to head for the bar at most bands gigs) is entertaining. Add to that a load of extras that are all worth watching and you have a top package. This is great value for money and, if you are a hardened Crue fan or a newbie that wants to see what they are all about, then this is the ultimate dvd for you.

Can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great show!, 18 Feb 2009
Mr. S. Lewis (Saltash, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] (DVD)
This show is fantastic! It's more than just a live concert, it's an event, a circus gone wrong, complete with dancers, clowns and midgits. The show is well over 2 hours long complete with all your Crue favourites excellently performed by a band that seems to show no age.

The sound is pretty good, even though Vince sometimes misses out words to he fast songs. He's obviously not as good as he used to be. The rest of the band are on form, especially Tommy Lee who drums fantastically. Well worth the money.

Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD]
Motley Crue: Carnival Of Sins [DVD] by Hamish Hamilton (DVD - 2006)
7.00