on 23 May 2004
It's a long story. I got this when I was 3 and I thought it was great (forget the scary part) even if, the first half an hour would have been worth it. Now, my sister, who is 4 has it - she is a bit weary about 'the scary part' but still 'copes.' I watched it today and it is still an inspiration to me, even though i am 12. It brings back memories and something everyone can relate to in their past life somewhere. I love the songs 'Forever and Ever' and my personal favourite sung by pooh, 'Where ever you are'- a beautiful song. I found it absolutely hilarious that they thought owl (or someone) said 'skull' at the beginning and they find a skull near the end and so on - it all blends in perfectly. This was the first pooh movie to ever be released in the 20 years that have passed by (at the time of it's release). This 'silly old bear' is so little bear of little brain and forgets things - alot, buy this video/vhs (or DVD) to find out why!! Just remeber :
You're braver than you believe.
Stronger than you seem.
And smarter than you think.
After all, that is the TRUE moral of this story and even if it weren't, you should remember and believe it anyway.
on 5 June 2009
The most grand adventure follows on in the spirit of the original stories, Winnie The Pooh is as absent-minded and full of fluff as he ever was. The moralistic tone is a bit strong for adults but generally children love it especially as the toys go looking for Christopher Robin. It may in some places be a little bit scary for sensitive children but over all is a fantastic film that kids will watch over and over again, especially as there are some funny momments with the other characters.
on 17 February 2009
I have found that although parts of this is dark it does stick to the original Winnie the pooh cartoons we all watched as children. My son sits calm and utterly mesmerised by them. He gets extremely hyperactive by the new ones, but the older ones or ones based on them calm him and we get so much peace until it's over when he complains that its finished. understand why other children may get scared, my three year old only gets upset if they are crying, which is sweet.
on 4 February 2001
This story takes a different approach to 'The Many Adventures...', but is still a captivating story of childhood innocence. Christopher Robin's first scary step into the outside world (school)causes much confusion amongst Pooh & friends. My 2yr old loved the exciting journey to Skull cave, and was relieved to see all the characters still intact at the end. Some adults will find this entertaining, particularly those who have fond memories of an unspoilt childhood before the onslaught of real life. For some, it could be a sentimental journey into the past...
on 8 August 2000
It's his favorite DVD, Although it gets scary after half an hour he wants to see it over and over again. That alone made it worth the buy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 December 2014
I'm in a family-friendly, nostalgic mood today, having just seen the wonderful new Paddington Bear film at the cinema, and so decided to seek out of my old VHS of my favourite childhood bear - Winnie the Pooh. In my opinion, 1997's 'Pooh's Most Grand Adventure' was the ultimate Winnie film. It scared me a little when I was very young, because it was darker, and seemed more menacing than the others, but the storyline was strong, the songs were excellent, and all the gang are on top form. As usual, Disney excelled in bringing forward many important life lessons, things that I believe other young people should have taken more note of (I know, only 22, and already complaining about the youth of today).

In a wonderfully cute and heart-warming scene, Winnie tells pal Christopher Robin that he wants to be with him 'forever', but the young boy has something to tell his cuddly friend. The next day he receives a note, and with Owl's help, reads it as Christopher has gone to ''skull''. Owl fears great danger is to become him, and so Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Rabbit all set out on a 'grand adventure' to bring him home, resulting in plenty of laughs and tender moments to follow. For me, the song, 'Wherever You Are' sounds as beautiful now as it did to me all those years ago, it could have been recorded by a pop singer and made into a hit, it really is something.

'Winnie the Pooh's Most Grand Adventure' is just that, a wonderful film for kids young and old to enjoy. Friendship and loyalty is so very important, but seems to be forgotten a lot these days. I just love this film, and doubt I'll ever part with it. The '90s was an outstanding decade for Walt Disney films, and even straight-to-video movies like this were five star material.
on 1 June 2012
Well worth a watch for all Pooh fans. Funny, exciting, and utterly charming. Definitely worth a purchase. While some have commented on it being too scary, I watched it as a young child and enjoyed it nonetheless.
on 8 November 2001
My two and a half year old son has been watching this for the last year. He loves it so much, he knows the whole story and anticipates certain bits of the story and gets very excited. Well worth buying as it is watched at least twice every week.
on 3 August 2010
I bought this DVD because we are planning to visit the recreation of the 100 acre wood in Hertfordshire and I wanted my daughter (4 and a half) to discover a little more about Pooh and his friends. Some early parts had her roaring out loud with laughter but the later parts of the search for Christopher Robin made her cry with fear. The story didn't seem to capture the childish wonder that I remember from the Pooh stories, but was a rather scary, meandering journey that was genuinely terrifying for my child. Maybe she doesn't watch enough TV to be 'hard' enough for this but this film did disappoint me and she is hardly looking forward to the visit to the park next week, which is a shame.
on 24 October 2012
I love this film, i used to watch it on vhs with my brother who at the time was 4 (i was 14) i was thrilled to bits when i found it on here, i now watch it with my son, who is enchanted by pooh and tigger!
It has some lovely songs in it (that i know by heart haha)
I like that Eeore plays more of a part in this film than in the short films you get on youtube etc...it's alittle darker than most but my son who cries at the ugly fish with the light thing on it in the deep dark bit on finding nemo doesn't get distressed by it.
***Recommend it!***