4.0 out of 5 stars warm and comfy
Published on 21 April 2012 by tulipano

3.0 out of 5 stars Size guide not very accurate
I used the size guide and ordered the size 10 as a result. I am typically a size 10 in clothes and sometimes a size 8 in trousers. These leggings are very short on my legs and quite tight around my ankles (and I have very skinny ankles). I will be using them for skiing and am hoping they will streatch with wearing.
Published 18 months ago by mrs

4.0 out of 5 stars warm and comfy, 21 April 2012
I have two pairs of these, one black and one pink. They both do their job without a lot of bells and whistles. They stay up on my fairly curvy body. They go all the way down to my ankles (and I need a 34" inseam). And they are nice and warm - no wind-blocking but they are generally worn under another pair of pants, so. The black pair is actually dark/opaque enough that you could probably get away with wearing them as leggings with a tunic if you really wanted to. I've worn them as pajama bottoms a few times and didn't feel embarassed walking to the bathroom from the tent. At the same time, they are definitely thin enough that you can wear them under normal (non-hiking) pants. I'm one of those people who is always cold and wore them several times under jeans this winter.
The only kind of negative thing I could say is that the pink pair pilled a tiny bit after 5 or 6 washes but nothing terrible.
One last thing is that the first time they go on you have to pull a bit to get them all the way up, but they loosen up immediately and then seem to just stay exactly the right size without getting baggy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and fit well, 27 Mar 2012
I ordered these trouser to wear sailing under my hiking shorts and they are perfect.
I'm a size 8 and about 5"2, I order a size Small, which was a perfect fit for me, not tight fitting (a little baggy, but how I wanted them).
If you're a size 8 and want the trousers to be tight fitting order an XS.

The trousers are very comfortable to wear and dry very quickly making them perfect for wearing sailing.

Very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing issue, 31 Dec 2011
Bought this for my daughter for cold early morning runs. She's very pleased with the quality and warmth. Our only issue is with the sizing chart which looked like she needed a 'Large'. When she tried it on it was apparent we should have ordered 'Medium' as she thought initially. The product itself is wonderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size guide not very accurate, 25 Mar 2013
mrs (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 15 April 2012
S. Khan - See all my reviews
The Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Women's Pant were great for skiing, kept me warm and comfortable. However, they were lacking in elasticity and did not form a hugging fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great base layer - ideal for skiing, 3 Jan 2014
These pants are great for skiing or general sports or outdoorsiness where you need to keep warm, but not get sweaty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't want to take them off!, 2 Mar 2013
These pants are fantastic. I wear them underneath my workwear or walking pants. They are too thin to wear alone. Keep me very warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and comfortable., 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Helly Hansen Womens Lifa Dry Pant (Sports Apparel)
These pants deserve the 5 stars i have given them. They are not too thick and the material is comfortable even for someone like me with sensitive skin. They are nice to wear under your normal trousers for warmth in the winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, pleasingly opaque, 17 Aug 2014
Bought for skiing, sailing and other outdoor activities. Haven't tested them yet, but pleased that they fit well (I'm a UK6-8, about 50kg, 5'4, and ordered XS).
Sits comfortably at the waist, and they are not too long. Doesn't appear to be see through, though I haven't tested this in sunlit conditions.
They are a bit tight around the ankles, but nothing too bothersome so far. Fingers crossed they will wear well!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 16 Jan 2014
I wore these under my snowboarding trousers, I was really warm the whole time they were a really good fit, just what I needed.

Helly Hansen Womens Lifa Dry Pant