5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV at a great price
I was searching for a class 23" TV and narrowed it down to Philips on a friend's recommendation. I ordered it from Amazon on the Sunday afternoon and it was delivered on the Tuesday morning. I love the thing - I a keen watcher of sport, particularly golf, footie and F1 and it hits the spot without dominating the room.

Snap this up - a great price and spot-on...
Published on 29 Jun 2006 by Keith W. Warden

1.0 out of 5 stars 14 month life expectancy!!?
Published on 20 Mar 2008 by rihutt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV at a great price, 29 Jun 2006
Keith W. Warden "kwarden" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips 23PF4321 - 23" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV (Electronics)

Snap this up - a great price and spot-on delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product and Service, 8 Dec 2006
Sean O'sullivan "sos12306" (London) - See all my reviews
This Tv is great. Bought it for my bedroom to use as a tv and pc monitor.

Was originally looking for a 26" but saw this widescreen 23" and thought that it would be better. I was so right. The sound out of this tv is of a better standard that my lcd tv in my living room that I paid 800 for. Has different settings for sound such as theatre, voice and music. Has diiferent ratio settings aswell which are very useful for movies. The picture is great for the price.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to watch movies with quality.

And being a 120 cheaper than the rrp is a great bonus.

Don't miss out on this great tv!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's HUGE!, 8 Feb 2007
Hannah Wright "Snowdrop" (Oakham, Rutland) - See all my reviews
I bought this TV based on good reviews read here on Amazon for this size and its bigger brother. The picture is great and my Wii looks great on it too. Its great value also, similar ones from other brands seem to be 150 - 250 more expensive.

It could be that I'm used to a 14" little square TV in my bedroom but this is much bigger than I imagined it could be because the speakers are on the side, just something to bear in mind if you have a fairly small space!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product and service, 24 Aug 2006
I chose this Tv for it's price, features and on the basis of the other reviews and have not been disappointed - and it also easy to install and set up. Amazon's speedy delivery has already been noted - I would like to echo that and also praise their speedy returns and replacement service. The first TV delivered was faulty - that was delivered Monday, collected by DHL on tuesday and I recieved the replacement TV on Thursday. I could hace paid up to 20 to have a TV delivered had I bought it (and at a higher price) from another company. Well done Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV...Bad Amazon description, 24 April 2007
ok first off....IT DOES NOT HAVE COMPONENT IN!!!! it has component out via a cable through the DV-I, i bought this TV so i could play my 360 in HD, only to discover that i had to then buy seperate adapter for it to work....that said, its still a great TV, virtual dolby is awesome, clear picture, nice good viewing angles, and even with the seperate adapter it was cheaper than most Tv's of this size!!

1.0 out of 5 stars 14 month life expectancy!!?, 20 Mar 2008
I have purchased Philips for many years out of loyalty. The screen has failed after 14 months, I found their help line OK, their support line sent me to an agent 45 mins away when one that I was subsequently refered to by that agent was actually 15 mins from me. They have told me it looks like a major failure, white raster is the sympton. Interestingly the first agent said ' we get a lot of these back around 15 - 18 months'........I am still waiting for the final report as I intend to pursue Philips as I do not see this product as fit for purpose. Not happy wasted lots of time, no TV for 2 wks, this experience and its final outcome will define my relationship with the brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips 23PF4321 - 23" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV, 10 Jun 2008
D. Green "dangrenade" (Luton, UK) - See all my reviews
I have had this T.V. now for almost 2 years and it looks like i have been lucky. The picture quality is great in SD and awesome in HD. I had no problems with the screen failing or losing picture quality. Yes, the sound is not that great but that is to be expected with a T.V of this size. Mine is hooked up to my hi-fi in the bedroom (which is where i keep it) and now sounds great.

The only gripe i had with it was that i got it for my PS3. I knew it was DVI and not HDMI (DVI being video only) but with the PS3 connected to the T.V. with both a DVI-HDMI lead and the audio component cable supplied with the PS3 i could overcome the failings of DVI. The problem is that the T.V. cannot accept separate inputs for video (DVI) and audio. The PS3 can be configured but the T.V. can't. The way round this is to play sound through another source like my hi-fi. This may seem straight forward, but if like me, your hi-fi is is you living room or dining room and your T.V. is in the bedroom, this becomes an issue. i had to buy a cheap midi-system for about 50 with an Aux in.

The T.V. overall is excellent, but i will make sure that my teles in the future are HDMI. For less hassle don't get DVI.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 2 Nov 2007
We bought this TV thinking it was a tip-top, darn-tooting, sure-fire bet (what with it being Philips and all, and being 350 at the time). But low and behold, it broke within 12 months (10 days after the 1-Year warranty expired - a coincidence? Je ne sais pas...). We were minding our own business, watching TV, then the screen just went all funny. And it stayed like that. We're waiting to hear what Philips has to say.... not happy bunnies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable Build Quality, 29 Aug 2007
G. R. Fullam "free-loader" (england) - See all my reviews
I am now on my third one of these. The first ones screen deteriorated after fifteen months. I thought this was a fluke so did not have a problem with buying a second. Four months later the second ones bass speakers started to rattle. My experience since with Philip's after sales service is woeful and as such I can only wonder if my experience as to their questionable build quality is common place. Buy another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead TV, 10 May 2009
P. Robson (Cleveland UK) - See all my reviews
I wouldn't even give it 1 star if I didn't have to. Broke after 1 year 10 months = 1 dead TV, nothing works. Might not bother replacing it, I was disappointed with the picture quality right from the start so now is my chance to get a good make like Grundig. (As appliances are breaking down we are replacing them with reliable EU makes - eg Bosch and Miele so far)
EDIT: decided, from other reviews, that Grundig is rubbish as well. Now I got a Panasonic, excellent quality and no problems so far.