5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional album by a true talent
Loudon's early albums offer many delights but Album II may even pip his other early classics 'Loudon Wainwright III' and 'Attempted Moustache'. Here we see Loudo tampering with the folk format with original intriguing songs. Less self-referential than Loudon's other records (i feel anyway) it has it's share of classics, Motel Blues and...
Published on 19 Mar 2006 by Mr. C. Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Loudon in pain
The songs are great but poor Loudon sings as if he is sitting on his testicles . Two stars therefore deducted .
Published 5 months ago by david handy ( a mackem )

4.0 out of 5 stars Still my favourite Loudon Wainwright album, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Album II (Audio CD)
I hadn't listened to this album since the70s. For financial reasons I'd been forced to sell my vinyl copy, along with all my decent albums and my record player back then, and I had never replaced it.
Finding this copy, even on CD, was neither easy nor cheap (over twenty quid!) and it was always possible that, after all this time, I would no longer like it.

Thank goodness it was every bit as good as I'd remembered it. If you like Mr Wainwright, I promise you'll love this record. Apart from one track, where he's joined my his then wife, Kate McGarrigle (mother of Rufus and Martha), Loudon accompanies himself alone on the guitar.

Although some of the songs lack his later maturity - thus the four-star rating rather than five - in my view there isn't one duff track on the album and I'd recommend it, not only to his established fans who might not have it, but also to anyone coming to him for the first time.

If you can find it, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best of his work, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Album II (MP3 Download)
This feels like its more from the heart than any other of his albums - like he had to write this rather than decided to. That's not to say it's heavy or inaccessible. Just natural and uncontrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars music, 29 Nov 2009
Mrs. S. Roser - See all my reviews
This review is from: Album II (Audio CD)
this is a good album for anyone who likes L.W.II. but you must appreciate that this type of music is a matter for the individual . not everyone appreciates Loudon Wainwright.Happy days!

Album II
Album II by Loudon Wainwright III (Audio CD - 2010)