5.0 out of 5 stars Classic (well, for me at least)
I'm writing this review because I somehow heard about this band (can't remember how) and I nearly didn't buy this when I found there wasn't a single review here. After all, how good can an album be that nobody's bothered to review?
Published on 17 Aug. 2005 by neverlution

2.0 out of 5 stars doesnt have the fire that i thought it would
bleed the dream came to my attention when i was writing a review for underoath and found this recommended ,so i thought yes i will have some of that,so i got my friend to buy it on my birthday last year and i was smiling when i got it,in truth i hadnt heard a song of theirs prior to this but i was still excited.

The album has its moments of that there is little...
Published on 14 Oct. 2005 by sean paul mccann

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic (well, for me at least), 17 Aug. 2005
Very good. No, exceptional. And I wouldn't want any other potential Bleed The Dream fan to miss out on this amazing offering because I couldn't be bothered to spend 10 minutes expressing my gratitude for this masterpiece.
I love stuff like old A Static Lullaby (stay away from their new album), UnderOath, and Silverstein and Bleed The Dream take the best bits of each band and make them one. Seriously.
Some songs are louder than loud, but there's always a perfect blend of singing and screaming...and it's not your classic rubbish Hawthorne Heights etc style "screaming"...it's the real deal.
You can feel the emotion in every single syllable Brandon lets out of his mouth. It's more than music on this album, it's an experience. A great one at that. The album as a whole is what I listen to to psyche me up or shake off nerves etc...listen to this album and you can do anything!
Also, be sure to read the band's info on purevolume and be amazed and heartbroken at the story of Scott, the drummer's, commitment to the band. I urge you to. It shows there are still truly great men in rock. R.I.P. Scott Gottlieb and thank you for the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazin, 30 Oct. 2005
i first saw this band 2 years ago in florida whe they played the warped tour and was blown away by their sheer emotion and stage presence. I immediately bought their "heavy" ep awake and i have to say that i must have burnt a hole in my cd, i listened to it that much. They also put out an acoustic album called asleep and that is just as good.
This music is a mixture of melody and rough edgy vocals on top of loud crunching guitars, for the most part, however they still manage to sneak in one or two softer songs that just keep your mouth watering for another album.
A note also has to be written about Scott Gotlieb, the drummer of the band. For a while he had been battling leukeimia and was on the rocky road to recovery following his marrow transplant, when he caught an infection in hospital and died. While he was having his treatment he managed to make his way to the studio to record the drum tracks. Rock On. For raw emotion, listen to the song broken wings, written by scott when he found that he had leukeimia.
In reflection this album is for fans of anything - heavier than poison the well and slower than old dashboard confessional. In conclusion 9 thumbs up!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars doesnt have the fire that i thought it would, 14 Oct. 2005
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

The album has its moments of that there is little doubt but for the most parts its a tad weeny and weak and doesnt take off when the potential is there and to compare it to underoath is to compare dish water to ice cold beer on a friday after work.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply pure brilliance, 27 Feb. 2006
I first heard this band proper on my taste of chaos cd & decided to see if I could hear a few more tracks & i've never looked back since, this album has a good mixture of tracks & every song has something about it. The first track I heard was "just like I remember" & I loved it straight away, my other favorites are "Confessions" "Broken Wings" and one of my personal favorites "say g'night" This band are going to be big & I know for a fact i'll be waiting for their next release with haste

5.0 out of 5 stars if these guys dont make being massive ...., 21 April 2006
bleed the dream are awesome,i bought their album "built by blood" about a month ago and every song is amazing,the vocals,the guitars the melodies!!AND great lyrics which actually seem like they mean something!i just seen them live touring with story of the year in glasgow n for me they were the best act by far,so much emotion they put into their songs........especially live!buy this album if you don't already have it people you will not be disappointed.

Built By Blood
Built By Blood by Bleed the Dream (Audio CD - 2006)