Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 August 2001
My children love this CD. They march to the sound of Colonel Hathi and his elephants, boogie with Baloo the Bear and the Bare Necessities, are mesmerised by Trust in Me (The Python's Song) and swing with Louie the King of the Apes. This CD has kept them entertained on many a long car journey or wet afternoon. The music is timeless and eternally entertaining to young and old alike.
on 7 October 2001
A totally uplifting soundtrack with both well known songs from the film and some quality unreleased additions. The children in my class love marching to 'the elephant song'and track 6 is a great 'tidy-up song'. I couldn't recommend this this varied selection of songs more!
on 29 November 2011
I bought this c d for my Granddaughter who is severely dissabled, but loves the music from this version of Jungle Book.
Her eyes light up and her legs and arms go as though she is trying to blow the trumpet and dance at the same time, it has given her hours of enjoyment.

Marie Wallace
on 14 May 2009
In the absence of a DVD version of Disney's seminal adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's colonial classic, this is superb. The images from the film immediately spring to mind and the songs don't really seem dated after all these years either - apart from the appalling cod Scouse accents of the vultures but that's Hollywood for you! - highly recommended for kids of all ages (and nostalgic adults too!)
on 30 November 2011
Bought this for my two Jungle Book obsessed kids - fine for listening to their favourite songs on (endless) repeat but quite a few of the tracks are largely instrumental so we end up skipping over.
Also, as other reviewers have noted this version does not include the little bits of dialogue that you are used to from watching the film. So if not hearing Mowgli talking to the baby elephant or Baloo saying "I'm gone... solid gone" is going to ruin it for you then you may want to find another version.
on 1 February 2009
Bought this disc for my mother who is a very big Jungle Book fan. She's currently loving it. This disc has all the tracks you know and love from the film, so if you've seen the film many times you'll be singing along before you realise it whilst remembering all the scenes. A perfect disc for kids and adults alike who love the Disney film as this has all the original songs.
on 24 July 2013
Had this for my wedding music...brought a smile to the guests faces. Made a change to some tear jerkers that make people cry
on 17 December 2012
I have been trying for years to find the original recording and this was superb. Great gift for children who lov ethe movie.
on 18 February 2013
This carries all the songs, though not in the film order.
There are no voice overlays, just the original songs from the soundtrack with the sung lyrics only.
So you don't get any of the spoken lines during the songs that take place in the movie.
There's also a lot of 'interviews' in the second half of the CD which children are not interested in.
So, in summary, good for the film's standard songs, but that's about it.
on 12 May 2016
We recently took our boys to see the original jungle book at our local picturehouse. They really loved it (and we did too!!) so we had to buy the soundtrack. We've been listening it in the car A LOT and it's really nice. It's the original soundtrack and the songs are in the order the appear in the movie. And the CD has a little booklet with lyrics too! Buy it, it's a (bear) necessity!