Size: Medium|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 21 April 2012
I have two pairs of these, one black and one pink. They both do their job without a lot of bells and whistles. They stay up on my fairly curvy body. They go all the way down to my ankles (and I need a 34" inseam). And they are nice and warm - no wind-blocking but they are generally worn under another pair of pants, so. The black pair is actually dark/opaque enough that you could probably get away with wearing them as leggings with a tunic if you really wanted to. I've worn them as pajama bottoms a few times and didn't feel embarassed walking to the bathroom from the tent. At the same time, they are definitely thin enough that you can wear them under normal (non-hiking) pants. I'm one of those people who is always cold and wore them several times under jeans this winter.
The only kind of negative thing I could say is that the pink pair pilled a tiny bit after 5 or 6 washes but nothing terrible.
One last thing is that the first time they go on you have to pull a bit to get them all the way up, but they loosen up immediately and then seem to just stay exactly the right size without getting baggy.
on 27 March 2012
I ordered these trouser to wear sailing under my hiking shorts and they are perfect.
I'm a size 8 and about 5"2, I order a size Small, which was a perfect fit for me, not tight fitting (a little baggy, but how I wanted them).
If you're a size 8 and want the trousers to be tight fitting order an XS.

The trousers are very comfortable to wear and dry very quickly making them perfect for wearing sailing.

Very happy with my purchase.
on 31 December 2011
Bought this for my daughter for cold early morning runs. She's very pleased with the quality and warmth. Our only issue is with the sizing chart which looked like she needed a 'Large'. When she tried it on it was apparent we should have ordered 'Medium' as she thought initially. The product itself is wonderful.
on 25 March 2013
I used the size guide and ordered the size 10 as a result. I am typically a size 10 in clothes and sometimes a size 8 in trousers. These leggings are very short on my legs and quite tight around my ankles (and I have very skinny ankles). I will be using them for skiing and am hoping they will streatch with wearing.
on 9 December 2012
These pants deserve the 5 stars i have given them. They are not too thick and the material is comfortable even for someone like me with sensitive skin. They are nice to wear under your normal trousers for warmth in the winter.
on 20 January 2016
The pants ar quite small, I purchased a Small and am a size 10, I wished I had got the next size up. Also, not particularly warm underneath my walking trousers. I didn't bother sending them back but I am not particularly pleased with them.
on 7 January 2016
I'm a big fan of Helly Hansen usually, but these leggings are a big disappointment and I have returned them. They are no thicker than my standard 100 denier opaque black tights, and certainly not suitable to be worn on their own. They would be fine for a base layer, but some thick tights would do just as well and be much cheaper. I had expected quality similar to running tights, but even though I'm tall and slim I wouldn't feel comfortable running in these unless I had shorts over the top.
on 6 November 2015
EXCELLENT value!! Paid less than half price even though this size was medium (I'm normally a small) it fit fine for the purpose (sailing) I also wasn't keen on white but at less than half price.....and considering they're not seen....I was happy to buy them.They were not baggy, considering a larger size - I was very impressed. Highly recommend.
on 12 January 2016
Excellent Base layer and kept me warm all night while on a ghost hunt in a building with no heating . Iove HH stuff
" it says what, it does on the packet ."
I got the large size as I am a 14-16 at the moment and they fit good.
on 15 April 2012
The Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Women's Pant were great for skiing, kept me warm and comfortable. However, they were lacking in elasticity and did not form a hugging fit.