5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing microphone!
Published on 24 Nov 2008 by Mr. M. W. Swain

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy From pierre122kk
I bought this item as brand new from pierre122kk only to find that the item had been tampered with previously and was not anywhere near brand new. I know a few things about microphones, and when i opened up the microphone i found that there where wires missing, unsoldered, one had even disintegrated into tiny pieces, and there was none of the yellow tape around the...
Published on 16 Jun 2011 by A. Ball

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing microphone!, 24 Nov 2008
Mr. M. W. Swain (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shure Sm57 - Unidirectional Dynamic Microphone (Electronics)
I've got two of these in my home and I'm looking to buy another three or so for a home studio setup! A VERY good quality microphone which can be used on a variety of applications, such as guitar amps, snare drums, toms, percussion and even a bass drum to gain some more attack out of the beater (alongside a microphone with a lower frequency response). These microphones are built very well, and reproduce a very clean sound for recording! They're definitely worth the money! I'd highly recommend buying this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyman's microphone, 18 April 2011
This is a microphone which is suitable for all jobs. As mentioned in other reviews, it is widely used for drumkits and guitar amps etc, but as it was first designed for classical instruments, it can be used very effectively for acoustic instruments as well.

I use it for performances with acoustic instruments (and/or voice) and live electronics (max/msp, ableton etc) and it works flawlessly. It feels (and is) sturdy and it is very sexy on the touch! Overall an absolutely fantastic microphone for the money, which can easily stand up to its reputation.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS MICROPHONE!, 13 Mar 2010
Mike Bradford "Mike" (North Yorkshire, England, U.K) - See all my reviews
I got mine two days ago and haven't stopped recording with it since. It's clear, no buzz/interference at all, I use it for a range of recordings - Guitar, Vocals, Drums(snare and Hi-Hat) and I tried my piano yesterday, and it performs brilliantly. Although I should say the piano recording was a slight dissapointment, This is a uni-directional but it is only really meant for picking up audio closest to it so it was hard to record the piano and get a good balance of treble, bass and clarity. I'm not a pro recorder (I'm using an M-Audio Black Box going into my laptop with Cubase) so I'm sure a more experienced recorder/musician can produce better results.

Overall this microphone has been excellent so far for me, definitely a good investment in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic Microphone, 21 Dec 2007
Chris Downing "Chris Downing" (Chippenham, Wilts England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Used most often for mic'ing up amplifiers and musical instuments - this is a classic that's been out there with the top bands for what seems like forever - 50 years or so I'd guess. I have seen these as vocal mics - but they are mainly used as a feed from close in front of a guitar or instrument amplifier.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 11 May 2014
easy to use, sounds insane, proper studio quality for everyone, as long as you have a valve amp, it will sound class

5.0 out of 5 stars The guv'nor of utility microphones, 8 May 2014
Every mic cabinet should have at at least one Sm58 and one Sm57. You can use them on all kinds of source material when all your expensive condensers are used up, and they will turn in a workmanlike result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mic for recording instruments, 4 Dec 2013
The Classic mic for instruments. With this, I have managed to get a great recording sound, picking up all of the nuances

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and reliable, 18 Feb 2014
There is a fairly bold quote found on Wikipedia -

"The SM57 has been used by every U.S. president since its introduction in 1965" (TECnology Hall of Fame: 2004)

Whatever your political affiliations, the Shure SM57 is a trusted piece of equipment with a solid reputation.

I have used one of these mics for the last 5 years in my work as a professional musician. It has proved invaluable in recording acoustic guitars, amplifiers, vocals, percussion and voice boxes. I have also used an SM57 in live performances. It consistently exceeds expectations and the resulting sounds have quality, range and clarity. Feedback is noticeably reduced. The saxophonist I work with prefers to use my SM57 in place of his own instrument-specific microphone. It is also robust and has survived all manner of knocks and scrapes when gigging. I can confirm this is a solid piece of kit with an attractive price tag considering the brand name. It is extremely versatile and I have nothing bad to say about it. The hype is justified.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHURE SM57 DYNAMIC MICROPHONE FROM "DIGIPLUS", 4 Dec 2011
D. Sewell - See all my reviews
First of all great service from "DIGIPLUS" item arrived a couple of days after ordering, and everything was perfect!
Now i must admit, i was a bit sceptical about buying an sm57 online because there is a lot of fakes about especially on ebay, also sm58's! there are lots of videos on youtube showing how good these fakes are, and infact are so good sometimes are difficult to spot.
there are a few sellers on here selling sm57's for around and sometimes under £50 so i mailed them with querries but none of them replied! say no more! This is why i decided to with "digiplus" they were the next best price range!
Now for my own peace of mind, and because i hadn't owened one before to compare i decided to take some featured pic's of the mic inside and out! and also contents of all packaging and e-mailed the lot to shure! i got a quick reply in 24 hours confirming after analyzing pics that my mic was infact genuine, to my relief!

Onto the mic itself, it is very weighty and feels strong and robust, very well constructed. no lead but you get mic clip and pouch!
these mic's are designed to take loud noise easily from close quarters, this is the reason i bought one to mic my amp speaker in an isolation box which i made for bedroom level recording my jtm 30 combo, and it does the job well!
Also i wanted to record my acoustic guitar! the way i tested this first was to directly plug mic into xenyx mixer with balanced xlr cable, now to get a descent level i had to have the mic pretty close to acoustic and have the trim and level on mixer turned to about 1/4 past on the dials! which isn't really ideal and introduces a bit of gain "hiss".
after reading up on this it is generally advised to use a descent preamp with these mics, so i purchased a ART tube mp v3 preamp with the built in tube for warming the signal, it does make a big difference! because you get an instant +20db boost when selected, i don't have to have the mic as close to acoustic and it picks it up better and sounds really professional with no background noise, unless you crank the tube output to high then it will start to introduce "hiss"
overall after investing in a preamp this mic really shines now, and is a definate keeper for shure!

5.0 out of 5 stars great mic !, 25 May 2011
iv been using this to mic up my guitar amp and so far it has been excellent! quality is superb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›