4.0 out of 5 stars Part flab, part muscle
Recorded live in Osaka in August 1973, Twin Peaks is notorious for its 31-minute version of "Nantucket Sleighride" (here restored to a single track - it occupied two sides of the original double LP), in which Leslie West and Felix Pappalardi's hand-me-down Cream-isms eventually outstay their welcome.
Elsewhere, though, there are invigorating versions of "Never in my...
Published on 27 Mar 2003 by Mr. S. A. McRae

3.0 out of 5 stars Present for hubbie
This is not my kind of music but OH has been a keen follower of this group and its music for years,
Published 21 months ago by claire55

4.0 out of 5 stars Part flab, part muscle, 27 Mar 2003
Mr. S. A. McRae "RHQ" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twin Peaks (Audio CD)
Elsewhere, though, there are invigorating versions of "Never in my Life", "Blood of the Sun" and "Silver Paper" which make up for all that excess riffage and lickery, and the band generally sounds in fine fettle, despite the absence of original Mountaineers Corky Laing and Steve Knight.
Well worth a listen for hard-rock aficionados and devotees of no-nonsense plank-spanking, though probably not the best place to start if you're new to Mountain, in which case the upcoming remasters of the "Best of" compilation and the "Nantucket Sleighride" album (both due April 03) would be better bets.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Live album from Mountain.....ever!, 7 Oct 2013
Mr. K. C. Brook "KevBlut" (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twin Peaks (Audio CD)
I wanted to enter my review of this album if only to restore a bit of parity to the marking system of stars which, when I saw the album reviewed just recently, left me aghast at the low level of regard apparently held. 3 & 1/2 stars is visually off-putting. Then I noticed there were only two "reviews", one of which was just a statement about giving the album as a gift.
Let me tell you now that Mountain's Twin Peaks is probably the greatest live album I have heard. From the opening track of "Never in my Life" to the storming "Roll over Beethoven" this album soars like a majestic flying titan unleashing its blues soaked power chords across it's never fading wake. This album has songs of beauty such as "Theme for an Imaginary Western" (sung brilliantly by Felix Pappalardi) and "Silver Paper", surrounded by tracks that, were they boxers, would cauliflower your ears yet leave you wanting more. "Blood of the Sun", "Crossroader" & the classic "Mississippi Queen" being three musical pugilists here. Then of course there is Leslie Wests "Guitar Solo" at track number 4 preceding the gargantuan epic that is "Nantucket Sleighride"(superb vocals again by Felix).
I have always loved my rock music and guitar especially. Indeed I hold Leslie West up as my favourite guitarist of all time. But there is something about the rawness of the vocals that Leslie West also performs on this album, that lead me to feel he gave his heart and soul, more than ever, for Mountain on this tour. Special!

3.0 out of 5 stars Present for hubbie, 13 Dec 2012

Twin Peaks
Twin Peaks by Mountain (Audio CD - 2006)