1,631 Reviews
 (1,209)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Money I have Spent In A Long Time!
Like yourself, I too read all the customer reviews before I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a pair of GHD's! I have to honestly say that it is the best money I have spent on a product for myself in a long time! Even my hair dresser was impressed!

Published on 3 April 2007 by J. L. Briggs

1.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from mark 3
My wife's mark 3 GHD's stopped working last week after an impressive 6 years of every day use. There was no question in her mind about what their replacements would be so I just ordered the latest model straight away for her. They arrived today 3 days ahead of when Amazon said they would arrive so I can't fault Amazon on that.

However when I got them out of...
Published on 30 Jun 2010 by Mr. L. J. Carey

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Money I have Spent In A Long Time!, 3 April 2007
J. L. Briggs - See all my reviews

The GHD's heat up in a matter of seconds and are so simple to use. I have shoulder length quite thick hair which I clip up and straighten in sections. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes and I am left with soft and shiny hair! I have also found that I dont need to use them everyday as the effect normally lasts until my hair is re-washed. Occassionally I touch up sections which I can include as part of my morning routine before I leave my house for work.

I have been so impressed with my GHD's that I have also bought a couple of GHD hair brushes and now use the GHD Thermal Protector Spray!

I would recommend these to anyone who is thinking about buying them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghd hair straightners, 3 Jun 2009
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
Brilliant buy, they r my 3rd pair bought, worth the money as they last for about 3years. Tip. . . dont wrap the lead around them as it damages the wires inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without my GHD's, 6 Mar 2008
Mrs. Katey F. Ciftci (UK) - See all my reviews
Ive had my GHDs for nearly 5 years, i have heard that people have had problems with them but mine have been faultless! and they've been all around the world with me. 5 years and still working perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I bought this product because I'm a hairdresser and I new it was one of the best (if not THE best).

1.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from mark 3, 30 Jun 2010
Mr. L. J. Carey "kingpin1977" (Pterborough, Cambs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)

However when I got them out of the delivery box I realised the security seal on the box was broken so the item had already been opened; although the item did look to be fine. When she turned them on and ran them through a section of her hair (which may I add is naturally fairly straight and fine) they snagged her hair and got caught. She did a few more sections and the same thing happened, her hair kept getting caught. This never happened with her previous set - needless to say they're going straight back - you don't expect that from something that costs so much. Reading through over reviews it seems I am not the only person that has received item with the security tag already broken.

Fingers crossed hers were a one off - we shall give them another go and order some more - will stick with GHD direct though due to security tag issue and there have been questions raised over whether these are genuine (although I must say they do look genuine to me).

Hope no one else has issues with snagging hair - my wife had a pair of kodo's years ago which did this and she ended up with a fringe an inch shorter than it should be due to her hair breaking so if yours are doing this I would urge you to return them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars concerned they would be fake, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
As far as i can tell these are not fakes, after reading some of the reviews i was a bit concerned but as soon as i received them i popped on line and registered them with ghd. i had to put in the hologram id code, then the date code and then a different hologram code on the lead. it all went through fine so as far as i can tell they are genuine. i have had a brief tester with them, switched on and within 5 seconds they were up to heat as the beep indicated and i swept them through a few sections of hair with no snagging, glided effortlessly through my thatch. at the moment i am chuffed with my purchase. i will update if i find any issues but i really cannot foresee any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver to a Black sister., 13 Oct 2008
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
As a black woman its often dificult to find products made for our hair type we usually have to go with the "general" products which don't really do us any justice.
After purchasing almost 50 different straigteners just so that I could get good results and have decent looking hair I step out again and I bought this product thinking "there I go again purchasing a product that will give me mediocure service" however I am pleased to say that I shall never purchase another type of straigthener again. I wash my hair (and sisters you know how that goes sometimes) moisturize,blow dry and then sit with my miracle worker straightening peice by peice and when I am done its like I just stepped out of a saloon. lite, bouncy and straight I mean it does the job! no joke here!. even after going out in the humidity or damp weather the hair is still working it! I am singing the praises of GHD everywhere I go. its a bit pricy but its worth it!!! I would not waste my time to put this review here if it wasn't trust me its GOOD!!.

2.0 out of 5 stars Common Fault - spoarking cable, 29 April 2009
S. Jenkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I purchased my daughter her GHD IV's 4 months ago. She is 18 years old and is meticulous about how she looks after her treasured possessions. The old fault that I have read about for previous versions of GHD's has already started to happen. The temperature indicator light has started to go on and off repeatedly and the cable makes a crackling noise at the point where the cable enters the device. This has got to be a poor desigh that causes this, after all it doesn't happen to my iron and that takes a lot more wear and tear. The guarantee does not automatically suggest that they will replace the item or even offer a free repair - which for a product so new is ridiculous. You will also find that you will pay for the postage - both ways. Do they have so many faults that they don't offer freepost under their guarantee! You have been warned!

4.0 out of 5 stars GHD Mark4 straighteners, 28 Feb 2007
I love them! I have long very curly hair due to being mixed race, my hair does take a while to straighten as its very thick and i tend to section it off, but with my old straighners (remington wet2 straight)i would have to run the straighteneres down my hair a few times to straighten it but with these i dont. They have not burnt my hair like the previous review, but this maybe because my hair is thicker, it can deal with the heat more. Or if too much protector spray is sprayed on the hair this can make hair wet. Causing the straighteners to sizzle this could also dry out the hair.

I cant believe how quick they heat up its literally seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 Jun 2007
I have thick, frizzy, wavy hair and my old hair straightener straightened my hair but after an hour it was frizzy again and i would have to go over each piece of hair again and again, my old straightener was not cheap by any means. My hair is straightened in about 10 mins or less, its brilliant. The ghd thermal spray is very good as well it also smells lovely. With the new ghd stlyer i can curl or straighten my hair. I would advise people to buy this straightener.

ghd IV Styler