2,420 Reviews
 (1,869)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Money I have Spent In A Long Time!
Like yourself, I too read all the customer reviews before I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a pair of GHD's! I have to honestly say that it is the best money I have spent on a product for myself in a long time! Even my hair dresser was impressed!

Published on 3 April 2007 by J. L. Briggs

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of counterfeits
Bought these stylers back in February for a present - did have no problems with them until they stopped working a month or so back. Returned them to GHD and were told they were counterfeits. Almost certainly either Amazon or the Marketplace seller have "been had" by the counterfeiter, but if it can happen to Amazon..
Published on 9 Oct. 2010 by L

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Money I have Spent In A Long Time!, 3 April 2007
J. L. Briggs - See all my reviews

The GHD's heat up in a matter of seconds and are so simple to use. I have shoulder length quite thick hair which I clip up and straighten in sections. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes and I am left with soft and shiny hair! I have also found that I dont need to use them everyday as the effect normally lasts until my hair is re-washed. Occassionally I touch up sections which I can include as part of my morning routine before I leave my house for work.

I have been so impressed with my GHD's that I have also bought a couple of GHD hair brushes and now use the GHD Thermal Protector Spray!

I would recommend these to anyone who is thinking about buying them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the Hype, 9 May 2011
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
Having never been a girly girl and the last time I had long hair was very pre GHD days, I decided if I was going to grow my hair then I needed proper straightners.

These are WOW.

My very thick, often wild hair is tamed in minutes. Well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 29 Dec. 2008
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
My previous GHDs were nearly five years old when they went bang and I had to seriously ask myself if I could justify spending the money on a new pair. I wrongly decided that I couldn't and bought another pair of cheaper (though highly rated) straighteners.

It was a mistake, yes they work, yes they do the job - but they take twice the effort and time that my GHDs did.

I've recently bought another pair of GHDs and wish I'd done it before. Silky, sleek and shiny hair with very little effort - worth every penny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of counterfeits, 9 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghd hair straightners, 3 Jun. 2009
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
Brilliant buy, they r my 3rd pair bought, worth the money as they last for about 3years. Tip. . . dont wrap the lead around them as it damages the wires inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars GHD, 15 April 2011
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
Purchased for wife two years ago and still going strong . Well worth the extra cost and she still remains impressed. Worth buying a cooling mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without my GHD's, 6 Mar. 2008
Mrs. Katey F. Ciftci (UK) - See all my reviews
Ive had my GHDs for nearly 5 years, i have heard that people have had problems with them but mine have been faultless! and they've been all around the world with me. 5 years and still working perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant set of straighteners... Very glad I bought them!, 17 Aug. 2011
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I've always bought ghd straighteners but had to cope with a few months of wavy hair after losing my last pair. I thought about going for a cheaper option but after borrowing a few friends' non-ghd straighteners, I decided to go for what I knew did the trick and I'm so glad I did.

I've got fairly thick, long-ish, wavy/curly hair. These straighten it brilliantly and also very quickly. They heat up fully within about a minute and beep when they're ready. They're also really good for curling and the effect (straight and curls) lasts pretty much until I wash it or I get rained on!

I do have to straighten my hair in sections if I want to do it properly but it doesn't take long and they do work well enough through the full thickness of my hair if I'm in a rush and just want to tidy it up a bit.

Various friends with all sorts of hair have borrowed them now and they work well on everyone. I'd thoroughly recommend these straighteners and, although there are cheaper options out there, I think these are worth the extra few quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 13 Feb. 2012
Mrs. A. Crump "Miss Feenee" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
Finally took the plunge and bought GHDs after years of struggling with cheaper brands that I wasn't that impressed with.

I'm very happy with them. I'm delighted at how quickly they heat up (my last straighteners took about 3 minutes, these take about 12 seconds) and they really glide through my hair. One thing I would say is that it does take two-three goes through each section of hair before it's straight - I have quite dry hair and lots of it, and I wonder if I could have done with the straighteners for thick hair (but then I couldn't use them to curl my hair!)

The best thing though is that if I take the time to dry and straighten my hair after washing, it stays pretty much straight with only gentle 'top ups' each day for about 3 days until I wash my hair again. This is fantastic - it save me time, but more importantly it is better for my hair, as these straighteners are very hot indeed and could do your hair damage if used persistantly once or twice a day. I would recommend using a heat protection spray too.

5.0 out of 5 stars GHD's, 18 Jun. 2012
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I ordered these as a replacement to my old GHD's which I'd had for over 4 years. I was a little concerned before ordering as I had read a couple of the reviews, which suggested the product was not a genuine GHD. I contacted Amazon customer services who assured me that GHD's ordered directly from themselves and not via a marketplace trader are in fact genuine and I was also advised that they would arrive non shrink wrapped and without the security tag.

I also did a little research to find the cheapest place to buy new GHD's. I live in France and buying directly from GHD and Amazon.fr was considerably more expensive than ordering from the UK site. Desperate to receive a replacement as my GHD's broke on Friday, I ordered the new ones on Friday morning and opted for the express delivery. I received the new GHD's in France on Monday lunchtime. I have already tried the new GHD's and these work as well if not better than my last pair.

Great product and fantastic service

ghd IV Styler