on 5 September 2010
I bought this because we had family visiting and decided that we didn't want them to suffer. Originally we were gonna buy one of the bigger name brand beds that inflates itself. I personally grudged paying 150 for a bloody inflatable bed. So I decided to scan my favorite website for a better bargain and found that this product got amazing reviews. When I saw that it was only 50 I decided to get this one. Got it in, get this, one day. I ordered it on Sunday it arrived on Monday. When I got it through it looked tiny. I plugged it in and discovered that it was a monster and took up half the living room! Double layered and insanely comfortable. Was easy to start up taking only about 4-5 minutes to inflate. You turn it off when you feel its just right. It can operate on batteries or by a mains plug that neatly tucks away inside the device.

Honestly screw paying for the overprice and overrated range of beds when you get this equally awesome and equally comfy bed.
11 comment|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2015
Do NOT purchase this item. After using it just twice, one section of it started expanding in the middle of the night leaving a massive bulge on one side rendering it largely unusable. Despite only having bought the bed less than 7 months ago (and only using it twice) neither Amazon (who tell me that I only had one month after purchase to have any recourse through them) nor Intex (who believes it's fine for their products to have a lifespan of just 90 days), will take responsibility for this defective product.

This is clearly a known problem to them as "bulging" appears on one of the drop down items on the complaints section of their site (although good luck navigating that - after more than an hour of clicking one required section after another I was never permitted to "Finish and Submit" so I had to call and when I got cut off after 15 minutes on hold, emailed by clicking 'other' rather than 'complaint') but they cleverly get out of having to deal with changing how they produce these defective beds, by assuming you just need the bed for less than 3 months.

If you intended to keep your airbed beyond using it once in the first 90 days, perhaps for another future guest who actually might want to use a bed to sleep on, then DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get an Intex bed. If you are lucky enough not to have the bulge happen to yours yet, then good luck to you, but if you are considering purchasing this bed, know that you are spending money on an item that is possibly defective and the company do not care in the slightest.
on 6 November 2009
This is a good bed as a stand by, you will have a comfortable night sleep on this bed. Since purchasing it several people have slept on it, and so far all the comments have been positive. A little bit of advice when you blow the bed up, make sure that it is very firm and that way if it does deflate sightly during the night it won't affect your sleep. I have owned blow up beds before but this is by far the most comfortable to sleep on. It comes in a handy bag and is not to bulky so its easy to store. Its quick to blow up and just as quick to let down again. All in all I would say that this bed is a good buy.
0Comment|218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2010
This is excellent. Fully inflates in about 4 minutes, really comfortable and deflates again in about 4 minutes.
on 19 November 2009
excellant product ideal for an extra bed we used it in a caravan awning and the girls who slept on it said they had great nights sleeping
on 8 January 2010
I bought this product with fear of it deflating, but to my surprise, it was pumped once and used for four straight weeks without it loosing its shape. I would recomend it for any one interested. especially Intex products
on 20 October 2011
This bed is fantastic. It was inflated in no time and we spread a blanket, then a sheet, topped it off with a duvet and pillows and had a pleasantly comfortable bed to tide us over (till buying a new bed after moving house).

However, after a night or two of that I then tried putting down a thicker blanket and a second duvet underneath us as well, besides one on top. Wow - what a difference!! Now we couldn't really feel the ridges at all and the bed was suddenly twice as warm as well. My husband and I were suddenly sleeping so much better as the bed, when properly inflated, gives good support but isn't too hard. It's very similar to a water bed if you've ever tried one of those.

To cut a long story short, we're actually thinking of not buying an expensive new wooden bed with mattress etc because in all the years we've been buying beds (we're retired now) we've never had such a comfy one. I have no idea how long it will last with us sleeping on it every night but, for the price, this inflatable mattress could be replaced occasionally and still work out a lot cheaper than buying a 'real' bed from any furniture store (I think they are totally overrated and at overinflated prices. This (non overinflated!) bed is really lovely. Even if you don't want to sleep on it all the time you'll be surprised (I hope) at how luxurious it can be, especially if you 'dress it up' the way I did.

I have plans to make it even nicer by putting a king-size sheet underneath to cover up the black sides a bit more and also a king-size duvet (with duvet-cover) to sleep on because it will cover the whole base even better - perhaps overlapping the sides. Then I'll add the double-size duvet on top. I just wish I could improvise some kind of headboard then it would be 100% perfect!

UPDATE: This bed lasted us for 2 months sleeping on it every night and then split along one seam. I won't reduce my 5-star rating because I did trip slightly against the end of the bed the same day and may have caused the split, even though nothing was apparent at the time.
on 16 July 2012
Bought this for very occasional use but here I am using it for around the 6th time only to notice that it is now loosing significant amounts of air and needs to be re-inflated about 4 or 5 times a night. Not cool!

I was looking for something portable and this definitely wasn't it as it is very heavy but tolerated that. With the air leakage though... now i'm really ticked off as the price is rather hefty!
on 30 April 2012
After purchasing, product was delivered in time with the charge of £ 4.95 and it looked OK for 3 days. It got deflated on the night so i inflated again and was doing some work in the down stairs. Heard some sound from upstairs went up and saw what is happening. Bed got deflated totally i thought its a puncture but I was thinking how can it deflate so quickly and when i examined i found a finger long cut on it. I came to conclusion that its blown out, quite big puncture.

Contacted the seller looking for replace or Money back. If they don't do it then i should think i wasted my money on a faulty wrong product.
on 9 January 2016
This bed is one of the best investments I have made!
It blows up so quickly, it's the perfect size for 2, it's comfortable and it doesn't feel as if I am lying on the floor.

I struggle with Fibromyalgia, so when we used normal airbeds there were many days when I couldn't get up because it was so low down. Not a problem with this bed! I also found that with the normal ones, I could feel every bump or lump on the floor, but thankfully this bed is so thick/high up, that you cannot feel anything at all.

My husband and I ended up sleeping on this for a week over the Christmas holidays. We slept very well, almost as comfy as our own bed. Because we didn't have the space to leave it lying around all day or to stand it up against a wall anywhere, we had to deflate it each time. This was of course very quickly and easily done thanks to the built in electric pump.

Our main reason for buying this air bed is to take it to festivals with us. Gone are the days that we can manage with a flimsy camping mat or airbed, we physically cannot do it any more. Not a problem with this amazing bed. Not only does it have the built in electric pump, it also has an option to attach a normal pump (whether manual or battery operated) so that you are not dependent on electricity.

All in all, I have not a single negative comment about this bed. I highly recommend it!