5.0 out of 5 stars If you need a satchel look no further...
Published on 27 Sep 2008 by Benito

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite Disappointed
Published on 30 Nov 2010 by Natalie

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need a satchel look no further..., 27 Sep 2008
Benito (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'm quite surprised no one has commented on this bag. If you're looking for a satchel hopefully this review will help. I've had quite a few satchels in my time (Jansport, Ted Baker, Nike, Diesel) and this is the best so far. Why? It has loads of storage space (which is extendable), it's sturdy and robust (I use it for carrying football kit, fishing stuff, camping, weekend trips, work stuff/laptop), it looks good, has a padded adjustable strap with sticky rubber side to prevent slippage. I've found that a few other satchels can break at the clip where strap meets bag when carrying a heavy load. Not so with this bag. It'll take a lot of abuse and keep on working. The only down side is that it's not waterproof, although not many of these satchels are (except North Face for one example). I've had mine over a year and it's still in very good condition. If you need a satchel for whatever reason, you'd do well to try this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made bag, 13 Dec 2010
This indeed is a sturdy bag BUT it's (for want of a better word) floppy!

I love it, I love the colour but I was expecting a bag that holds it's own shape, that's padded and still stands up when my laptop isn't in it. It's very well made but there's no protection from bangs and knocks.

I won't be sending it back and I will be using it, but the killer fact for me would be that if I'd seen it in a shop, I wouldn't have bought one

5.0 out of 5 stars Eastpak Delegate, 10 Jun 2011
Ranjeet Singh - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eastpak Messenger Bag Delegate (Luggage)
This is my second eastpak delegate bag. The first one is in olive colour and this one is black. I think this is one of best all round shoulder bags available. The 30 year warranty ensures peace of mind. This is just right for everyday use. The expanding options helps when you need the extra space. It is waterproof and yeah I've had the experience of getting drenched in the rain while the contents of the bag were dry. Over all an excellent bag for every day use.
I got a good price on Amazon as I was not so keen on the color. The function seemed more important than paying more for the color. Interestingly you cannot buy an eastpak bags in the US. This bag coupled with a laptop cover (sheath) can be used as a laptop bag even for the ones that have 17" screens. And when you don't carry your laptop you don't have to deal with the padding that is usually present in the bags designed to carry laptops. And you can carry any laptop size you want. The strap is sturdy and comfortable and the bag is very easy to clean as well.

Its got very well designed pockets and fits as a cabin baggage on almost all airlines.

I give it 5 stars and I hope Eastpak continues to make this bag forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 3 Jun 2009
Mr. D. J. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
Recommended for school, general and work use. The bag is made of quality material and the workmanship is second to none. I've had an Eastpak rucksack for about 2 years now with no problems whatsoever, I decided to get one of these for work use and potential laptop computer use. I have to say I am very pleased, the bag is easily as well made as the rucksack.

The strap is adjustable on both sides (I've never come across a bag that does this before) so that the padded part of the strap can be moved to suit the user. There is a zip which can be used to expand storage space and plenty of pockets and space in general to store stuff.

If you're looking for a new bag and you're fed up of having to buy one every year due to the old one breaking, buy an Eastpak for the little extra. You won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, capacious satchel, 25 Dec 2009
Weeble (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This bag is a bit larger than I had realised - I should have paid more attention to the measurements. It's comfortably large enough to fit an A4 ring-binder inside. The bag has a large main compartment which contains a single narrow zipped pocket on the full length of the inside back wall. There's also a narrow pocket on the outside of the back wall; it runs the full length of the bag and has a single velcro fastener in the centre. The front wall of the bag has two narrow pockets on the outside, each half the length of the bag, suitable for a paperpack book or a DVD case. The top flap has a full length narrow zipped pocket on the outside. When you close the flap it covers the inside and the front pockets, but obviously not the back pockets.

The bag also has a zip that runs down the sides and around the bottom. You open this to let the bag expand to full size or close it to keep it neat.

As pointed out by another reviewer, the bag's main weakness is that all the pockets are very large - it really could do with some smaller pockets for arranging items like keys and pens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eastpak - the ideal bag for a busy teacher!, 28 Sep 2009
B. Scott (Chester) - See all my reviews
I bought the bag for school - I teach so needed something practical, roomy and reasonably stylish, and this bag is all that and more. It is made of strong material, well made and has plenty of room and different compartments. It also has a zip to allow the main compartment to be enlarged - something I aim not to do unless absolutely necessary, but a very practical feature none the less.
I hope to have many years of use out of this bag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite Disappointed, 30 Nov 2010
Natalie (United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this as it was one of the lightening deals on offer and my sister needed a bag suitable for A4 folders and other bits and bobs. I was assured by the reviews calling it one of the best bags people have owned, well made etc. I don't know what bags people have had in the past but I like my bags to have a solid shape-this bag needs something substantial in it to create any sort of shape, otherwise it just seems to flop. It's quite a flimsy bag-the material might be an okay quality and workmanship might be good but I would have expected more padding or a thicker material to hold the bag's shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab bag, 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: Eastpak Messenger Bag Delegate (Luggage)
I bought this to comply with my son's strict 'no logo' bag policy and also because he wanted a 'cool' bag. I wanted it to be practical, functional and with ergonomics in mind. This bag ticks all the boxes and everyone's happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it's money 100%, 4 Aug 2010
I know it looks a bit expensive compared to other products but it is worth the money 100%.

The shoulder pad should be movable but it is the only disadvantage in this bag and a minor one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free up your hands when you are out and about, 12 May 2010
Michael Pantlin "bubbleburster" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I have always been a carrier bag traveller but was suffering problems on lurching buses holding on to the grabpole and the carrier bag and decided to try the messenger bag after seeing so many male commuters with them and have not been disappointed. This one is comfortable on the shoulder with its wide padded strap, keeps its shape, is robust, has all the compartments, zips and easy access pockets you could wish for, easy fastening catches for closing it up and it looks good. The coal colour looks stylish and masculine and is one of the colours on sale at half the usual price. The ordering was easy and delivery reasonably fast. Great product and value for money. If you're fed up with the carrier bag go for it!