Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£4.85+ £1.26 shipping

on 14 January 2006
I have to admit I was a big fan of the Verve, their split kind of coincided with the death of the Brit Pop surge. A sad time. In being a Verve fan I thought I would take to Ashcrofts solo work, but I have to say I never have. He has released some OK songs, but Ive always felt he isnt conveying the emotions hes feeling like he did so well with The Verve, as bleek as they may be. But with this song comes a breath of fresh air. What a moving classic hes created!! It really is like a step back in time, not always regarded as a good thing, lets push things forward an all that. But I say stick to what works if a song is a classic then a song is a classic. Slightly more up beat than usual, but by no means is this a joyful song, hopeful maybe, a classic yes.
on 17 January 2006
For those who believe that Richard Ashcroft's first 2 solo albums were below par, the new album (Keys to the World) and this first single should silence them. With his usual epic sound and a terrific chorus people should be walking round with this in their heads for weeks to come.
on 17 June 2012
Obviously Break The Night With Colour is a top song from yet another great Richard Ashcroft album. If you want to own a song that isn't on any of his albums but would be more than worthy of a place too, get this as The Direction is really easy to listen to.