‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Includes all 39 episodes on 11 DVDs, 9 Feb 2009
It is not clear from the item description - but this Box Set does include all 39 episodes from Series 1 & 2 of Mile High. More than 29 hours of fun viewing & great value at the Amazon price.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best shows, 7 Feb 2006
This review is from: Mile High [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this on skyone and have been waiting for ages for it to come out in dvd. as cabin crew i know it can be far fetched sometimes I only wish my nightstops were that fun. Its funny with some great charaters. buy it you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Of British, 23 Jun 2006
G. JAMES "WelshPhoenix" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mile High [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed watching the series. The programme follows the lives of several crew members from the Fresh Airline. It can't be said that the programme is dull with unique situations unless, of course, your a flight attendent. It's perfect for all those people who imagined what the job would be like. It is slighty larger than than life which is ideal for all the dreamers watching. The acting is great, when I first saw it I had imagined it would be awkward, but the series is brilliantly created. It isn't long before your identifying with one of the characters and being completely drawn into it. A great buy and a good series for binge watching!

The ONLY critisism I can find is with the backing Music. If you have Sky Digital you'll recognise it as the TV Guide backing Music. When the show was aired on Sky One, I'm CERTAIN it had decent background music, as an Avid Coldplay fan I know they were featured as Background Music. I assume they had to change it for legal reasons.

No Matter, It Doesn't Detract From The Good Quality Show It Is And I Still Gave It Five Stars. If You Liked Novels By Colin Butts Or TV Shows Like "Is Harry On The Boat?", Also By Colin Butts. This is Defnitely One For You To Buy!!!

The Series Just Gets Better With Time, Resulting In A Spectacularly Flawless Ending...

5.0 out of 5 stars love love love it!!!, 4 Oct 2009
Mrs. Layla Mew "cutie layla" (london england) - See all my reviews
ive always loved this and spent a week indoors re-watching the whole box set!!!
my fella got right into it too

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice easy viewing, 23 Oct 2008
chuckles "barnie884" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is an easy viewing DVD. Dont expect deep plots and twists, but sun, sea, sand and all that goes with it. This is about a group of young cabin crew on a typical budget airline, and all the things that go with it. The acting is suprisingly good for this type of program with quite a few faces you will recognise. Have to admit though, a flight on EasyJet will never seem the same again :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish they'd put a bit more effort in..., 13 Oct 2006
Mr. D. McCallum (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mile High [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed watching Mile High on Sky One when it was on, and I was sad that it was all over after only 2 seasons. So I was pretty glad that it came out on DVD. To be honest, I'd forgotten about so many good stories and one-liners.

There are two disappointments though:

1. There are absolutely no extras. If the DVD hadn't been on special offer here at Amazon, I'd have felt pretty let down.

2. As another reviewer has mentioned, they have abandoned the soundtrack that originally aired with the programme. The thing is that, not only is the DVD soundrack really insipid, but the orignal series had an excellent soundtrack in my opinion. The original songs chosen were not only good songs in themselves, but also really made some of the scenes come alive. This is most apparent in one of the last episodes on the DVD where they do manage to throw in a Dido track. That's when it really hits home how big a difference it makes.

Anyway, if you were a fan of the series, I would recommend buying it as I certainly don't regret it. I just wish they hadn't cut corners.

5.0 out of 5 stars FA/NO1 Fresh Airlines No.1, 15 Sep 2007
Keanna69 (UK (South London)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mile High [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this A1 boxset 1&2, and found it the best watchable drama since "Eastenders" fell on our screens, the characters are chosen carefully & well. My favourite is (Will) Adam Sinclair & Marco (Tom Wisdom). I had missed the first few episodes,but since having it on boxset I,ve caught up and found it "Fresh,funny & enjoyable,it,s only ashame that it only lasted 2 seasons,they should do an update on it and carry on from there,I,m sure "Sky" would buy the production from "Hewland" this was far the best drama I,ve seen. Every time I seen "Emmerdale" and see "Grayson" I think Captain Croker and his stuck mannerisum. The sound track had some classics that I remember goin 2 school. I,ve even applied to being Cabin Crew,NOT because of the fun they had,but for the experience of being "Miles High". Have fun watching the memorable drama if you have bought it (IF NOT,THEN DO SO!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Miles of fun - worth every penny and more!, 15 Dec 2007
J. R. Turner "Jenny" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mile High [DVD] (DVD)
A brilliant drama that doesn't pretend to be serious but is lots of fun. It's so much more than that; there are interesting snippets of background information throughout and the cast is very well represented between the kinds of stereotyped characters you might expect and those who perhaps don't fit into the typical airline employee mould.

In my view, this was one of the best dramas ever made and it certainly beats everything that the current epidemic of reality tv that broadcasting sees fit to offer the licence-paying public at every turn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Jun 2009
Special K (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
I first watched this wonderfully original drama series when it first aired back in 2003 on Sky One, followed by its second series. I can honestly say that I will never tire of watching it. Very often, I find myself putting it on when my girls are tucked up in bed, watching many episodes back to back! It closely follows the turbulent (parden the pun) lives of several cabin crew members who work for budget airline FRESH. Full of laughs, suspense, heartache, deceit and much, much more, this is an absolute treat. I think that the main reason Mile High works is because you really do care about each character, despite some of them irritating the life out of you to the point of wanting to shake some sense into them! I am especially drawn to Marco, played superbly by gorgeous Tom Wisdom (I am not surprised he is now a successful film actor - The Boat That Rocked, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 and 300). He joins Fresh as a naive new recruit. Almost from the beginning, you can see just how drawn he is to boss Janis, another strong character played brilliantly by Jo-Ann Knowles. As the first season progresses, you see Marco mature and become a brilliant flight attendant ( after a few false starts!), whilst learning just what life is all about, yet still managing to retain his warm, caring nature. Its great to see how only he can bring out the vunerable side of the otherwise cold hearted Janis. In a particular scene, following an emergency landing, a very shaken Janis is so tenderly comforted by Marco, showing him, and us that she IS human, who thinks and feels and hurts, just like everybody else. I could write all day about Marco and Janis, but well worthy of a mention is the wonderfully flamboyant Will (Adam Sinclair and also Jason (James Redmond). Each character has their own personal dilemma, and you, the viewer are intruiged to watch it all unfold. Personally, I found series one more entertaining, as to me, although series two is great, there are some new characters that are yet to grow on me. That said, I thoroughly recommend that you buy this boxset!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, funny, witty and cool :D, 3 Mar 2006
This review is from: Mile High [DVD] (DVD)
Having first seen this show on satellite TV 2 years ago (and unfortunately missed a lot of episodes), I was only too keen to own the first season DVD box set.
"Mile High" is an unconventional British soap opera charting the lives of several cabin crew on a fictious budget airline, Fresh! Air. Though not exactly jet-set in the standard sense of the phrase (i.e. filthy rich!) the characters are mostly single, hedonistic, debauched and having the time of their lives. With the advantage of a different exotic European setting for each episode as well as the airline's base in London, the recurrent theme is parties, alcoholism and illegal drugs, fuelling a web of temporary relationships, backstabbing and emotional breakdowns. There are very few dull moments in this 13-episode run.
Serious issues tackled include prostitution (would you pay to join the eponymous Mile High club?), adultery, suicide, theft, attitude towards homosexuals, and sex between colleagues - most controversially, between naive junior steward Marco and the domineering female purser, Janis, almost twice his age, who is later revealled to be a former hooker.
Towards the end, there is a great rivalry between Janis and two of her staff, Lehann and Emma, for the rank and responsibility of purser. Both younger women have been through several sexual partners (despite Emma getting married in the first episode) but are politically correct enough to state that they merely want a single, steady relationship. Their platonic friend and colleague Jason, although being a successful ladies man with a string of conquests among passengers and other Fresh! employees, is in fact in love with Lehann and gradually realises that his "anything with a pulse" lifestyle just isn't emotionally fulfilling.
Will, a flamboyantly gay steward who (like Jason) sees his job as a source of sexual opportunity, develops similar unrequited feelings for Marco which ruin his professional enjoyment - just as he inadvertantly manages to ruin a passenger's impending marriage by awakening repressed homosexuality. And the stereotype gold-digging blonde, KC, is the victim of financial temptations which lead her to take her role beyond the fairly low-paid budget airline job...
Season 2 starts with major cast changes (I certainly can't imagine KC returning in any legal fashion!) and is almost twice as long. I sincerely hope it becomes available on DVD soon.
Overall, this series was a thrilling, shameless and sometimes cringeworthy ride through human joys and failings. Perhaps not realistic, perhaps all too true to life at times, but most of all great fun to watch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mile High [DVD]
Mile High [DVD] by Jo-Anne Knowles (DVD - 2006)