on 2 October 2007
The flashing lights are great on this scooter, as is the foldability. However in reality it is just a piece of flimsy rubbish. My son got this for his birthday in July, and used it a handful of times. The sliding clip that collapses the scooter started to jam and it became very tricky to fold up. Then he started using it to get to school. The second day the cord holding the handles together snapped when I tried to fold them up. Then three weeks later the wheel fell off! Luckily no one was injured as he was pushing it at the time, but I dread to think what could have happened. I strongly recommend you avoid this product.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2011
So I bought this for my son for his 4th birthday. Having just started school in September, it seemed to be a growing fashion that the little kiddies would all come to school on one, and he was in awe of them. We decided to get it because I didn't want him to be the only child without one, and because of the things it could teach him; balancing, speed awareness, etc.
I'm going to be honest with you here - it does not say `Bank of England' across my forehead, and money is a bit tight for us just recently. We bought the one from Amazon purely because it was cheaper than anywhere else I had seen them so far. It was blue, it had the fold down mechanism, and it was what I was looking for.
The added extras were that it actually had 3 wheels instead of 2, providing that little bit extra balance for a first timer on a scooter. Also, the base of the scooter had flashing areas on it. So I ordered it.
The package arrived the next day, as predicted.
However it was only on his birthday, once he had opened it, that we realised how good the product actually was! The handle bars are so very easy to click and unclick into place, it makes folding it up and down a piece of cake! But don't be worried, it is still very sturdy and there is no chance of these coming out whilst your child is actually riding it.
The `flashing parts' turned out to be the whole of the bit that you stand on! It lights up very brightly, and looks fab when in motion!
My son took it to school on his birthday, and was oh, so proud of it! We have used it almost every day since then, and he has quickly learnt some of the things you can do on a scooter.
This is a simple, yet very brilliant present for a young boy with an imagination. It was only meant to be something cheap and cheerful, but has turned out to be one of the best things I ever bought him!!
on 16 November 2007
My children (3 and 5) got these for thier birthdays. They were initially great, but the battery packs fell off them, and had to be taped back on. Then the wheel fell off my daughter's scooter. We have been advised by Ozbozz that we can return them to be fixed, which we will be doing. They have just a six month warranty... They didn't not fold very easily, and were just not very durable at all. Great fun, but not for long.
on 2 April 2008
I bought this scooter for my 3yr old son ... whilst it is of great quality and does everything it says on the box and he loves it ... it is a little too wobbly for him and that has put him off using it . I am going to put it in the garage until he is older ! In the meantime I have had to buy an alternative with wider back wheels.
on 27 December 2007
My son is absolutely delighted with this. Very good value for money and he loves the flashing lights. It was ideal for my son who is almost 6 and this is his first scooter. The two rear wheels give it enough stability to give him confidence. He would never have managed on a 2 wheeler and the other 3 wheelers are too young for him. The handle bars go nice and high - he is very tall and it can still go higher. I am a bit concerned about the other reviews. Hopefully no wheels will for off or anything - he's only had it 2 days.
on 2 January 2011
The ozbozz blue cosmic scooter is great. It has 2 back wheels to aid balance and is a brilliant next step on from toddler scooters. It looks grown up and the flashing lights are cool! My son loves this scooter and thankfully, it is very durable. I recommend this scooter 100%
This was a pressie for my two and a half year old boy. He loves his new flashing scooter. The scooter folds up nice and small, has super cool flashing coloured lights (with an on+off button!) and is good for little ones as it has two wheels at the back making it easier to use. I was a little unsure of ordering it at first from a few of the bad reviews but we havent found any problems with the wheels or anything else. I would recomend it.
on 8 January 2014
Great item when new, only lasted 4 months and the wheel bearings came out of the front wheel. I am still trying to get a response from the Entertainer about this faulty and not fit for purpose item.
Dont buy from them as their customer service is actually appalling, there are better products out there that will do the job.
(oh used by a 4 year old)
on 9 March 2009
We bought this scooter as a 2008 Christmas present. Unfortunately the back wheels were stiff which meant that our son couldn't free wheel at all as he would just come to a stop. That said, when I asked if there was anything that could be done about it, a replacement was immediately dispatched and worked fine. The only draw back we have found is that the electrics for the flashing lights are not sealed so you need to avoid getting it wet. Not the easiest thing to do with a four year old who wants to ride it to school and out and about.
on 11 February 2013
My elder grandson had this for Christmas 2 years ago and it is still as sturdy and positive as ever. I purchased a Fireman Sam scooter for my 3 year old grandson but it was returned as faulty workmanship had damaged light, and the handlebars were not positive and stable. Knowing how solidly well made this scooter is, I had no hesitation in purchasing it for him as it is worth every penny. My grandson loves it, especially the flashing lights!