5.0 out of 5 stars review of scooter
Published on 27 May 2008 by Mrs. K. A. Morrison

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 months later...
I've had this about 6 months now. Its my daughter's first scooter - she is going to be 4 soon. We both thought it looked great when we first got it, and she loved the flashing lights (although they are completely useless in daylight of course!).

Published on 27 Nov 2011 by Gemma Setters

5.0 out of 5 stars review of scooter, 27 May 2008
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
I got this for my 3 year old daughter as she is tall for her age, it will last a long time as it does up to 50kg and she is at the bottom of the bar which offers 3 heights. She loves it, it folds up so is good for taking on holiday or in the car. because of the two wheels at the back it gives good balance. I have seen scooters with 2 wheels at back but usually 1 comes off the ground, not with this scooter.

highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars pink flashing scooter for ages 3+, 11 May 2009
J. Parnell (suffolk) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
this scooter is very nice it flashes constantly so batteries wont last for long if the child forgets to switch it off . but all in all its fine i bought this scooter for my 4 year old it seems fine for her it does have two wheels at the back and one at the front and a brake she is very pleased with it id recommend this scooter for the age group stated

2.0 out of 5 stars 6 months later..., 27 Nov 2011
Gemma Setters (Guernsey, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)

I've got a few problems with it: every times it falls over (even little drops) a bit of black plastic chips off the end of the handlebar so it looks very worn, very quick. Also, even though its only 6 months old, the foam handlebars have gone all horrible-feeling and bits of the foam are starting to flake off. Its just naff - the handles are certainly not going to last long, I'll be lucky if they will last a year! It also doesn't seem to want to fold, so we've not bothered (if we had persisted it may have worked).

On the ease of use there is nothing specifically wrong with it but I've seen better - the deck is higher off the floor than some (which is a bigger deal when your legs are much shorter!) and she sometimes catches a foot on the back wheels, which stick out further than you would think from the photo. This is bearing in mind my daughter is 3, I doubt it would matter for an older (longer legged!) child.

Wish I had spent the extra and got a Mookie Mini Cruz, I've seen children my daughter's age on them and they look great - so much better designed for little kids.

3.0 out of 5 stars Issue with construction, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
OK, I have to be honest here and say that we have had ours a while..but that by no means implies that it has had constant use or abuse.

I think having the three wheels is a great introduction to balance hence 3 stars for educational value..learning balance is very important.

I love the fact that during Winter days the unit flashes so is more visible to people.

My biggest concern is the fact that whilst metal construction, the weld split on the rear wheels..I am just so glad that this happened whilst my daughter was playing in the garden as she fell off onto the grass..can you imagine this happening whizzing down the path next to a main road!

I have to give 5 star for 'fun' value as my daughter was so upset and asked for a replacement..goes to prove how much fun she did get from it.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying one..just make sure you check the welds from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars scooter duper!, 15 April 2009
E. Jones (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
Bought this for my daughter who doesn't have a lot of confidence on wheels so the third wheel made her feel much safer, though doesn't look too baby. She loves the flashy lights but the winter soon sorted the batteries out. Would recommend this and definitely buy it again. Well constructed and designed.

4.0 out of 5 stars pink cosmic light scooter, 15 July 2009
F. Fiorentini - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
Fantastic toy ,grandaughter very happy but handlebar grips too big for a 3and a half year old child ,otherwise perfect toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
I bought this for my nearly 5 year old for Christmas and am really pleased with it. Its got a nice wide footboard and the handle starts off a bit lower than the 2 wheel miniscooters (the three settings are spaced further apart so it still goes up as high on the top setting). The lights are lovely colours and its every bit as cool as a two wheeler with just a bit of extra stability for a younger child. For what you pay it doesnt really matter if it only lasts a year, they will be on to a two wheeler by then anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars cosmic flasher scooter, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
My 3 year old son loves this scooter & he's always asking me to turn the lights on which I'd say fit the description of 'cosmic!'. I'd say it was educational in terms of teaching balance & motor skills. It seems very strong & is still in one piece after alot of use. One other reviewer said that a wheel came off, however, I have rounded of the alun key nuts trying to get one rear wheel off as my son is ready to have just the one central rear wheel. It looked like an easy job to adapt it but not so. Anyone else had this problem?

3.0 out of 5 stars scooter, 28 Dec 2010
M. Kirkman "NKPHEONIX" (CHESHIRE ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
small and compact folds up quite easily assembles very easily took less than five mins to get up and ready kids loved it no tools req but allen key suplied if needed just to be on the safe side though all in all great value and looks like its very durable as well

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty scooter, but one issue, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter (Toy)
The body of the scooter is built sturdy enough and looks good, my daughter loves it. I've stuck rechargeables in it so not worried about spending on that.
One issue I have found is the plastic ends on both sides of the handles (the disk shaped ends that keep the sponge grips from slipping off) shatter way too easily. These really need to be made of rubber or more flexible plastic. A piece shattered off one of the ends the first time the scooter fell on its side the day we got it. More pieces have shattered off every time the scooter fell on its side as will inevitably happen frequently in use. I'm worried we'll loose the pieces completely and the grips will start sliding off.

Ozbozz Cosmic Light Flashing Deck Scooter