4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent preformance, but hardly light
Published on 2 Nov 2010 by Southern View

3.0 out of 5 stars tagine 32cm emile henry
great looking product and does cook food well, however we are finding that the smaller tagine cooks faster and does not stick to the bottom as much as the larger 32cm tagine. so over all good cooking, but does take longer and can stick to the bottom in the larger tagine.
Published on 10 Jan 2010 by J. Chalmers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent preformance, but hardly light, 2 Nov 2010
Southern View (The Peoples Republic of Cork) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
Fresh from a trip to Marrakech, we were seeking a high performance tangine for our gas hob. Luggage limitations and a desire to ensure lead-free glaze prevented us from purchasoing one in Morocco. Although pricey, we settled on this Emile Henry tangine and have been very pleased. It performs very well and looks quite smart when serving at the table. However it is not light and easy to handle when compared to traditional clay tangines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality tagine, 21 April 2009
L. Burns "yummymummyof2" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
From the first dish made in this tagine, every meal has been great. It has very even heat distribution, nothing has stuck to the bottom, and can be used on the hob or in the oven. Friends that have bought cheaper tagines (not Emile Henry) now wished they paid the extra for this one - definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tagine, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
This was a replacement for a tagine I was given for a Christmas present, and which promptly fell apart at the first use. I was really anxious to make sure the new one would stand up to at least normal cooking and could be used on the hob. I also wanted one where the glaze didn't crackle too much. I used to on line reviews to check them out and this one came out tops, apart from reports that it was a bit heavy. Well, the reviews didn't disappoint and this is a fab product - it happily cooks on the hob and oven, the glaze has remained perfect and I don't find it in the least heavy (and I have the 32cm, large version). All tagines are tricky to manage to some extent(no handles)and the height means adjusting the oven shelves, but this one makes it easy and a pleasure every time. No hesitation in recommending this on all counts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tagineous!, 6 April 2010
M. Lees - See all my reviews
This is a great product. It produces a wonderful result, moist and full of flavour. It is easy to use both on the hob (keep the heat low and never heat it if empty) and in the oven. It is easy to clean even where the small splashes escape from between the base and the lid. This is the only negative thing about it really, the splashes go dark brown which makes it less attractive to take straight from oven to table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one we could find for Hologen hobs, 30 Jan 2011
Rev. Steve Utley (Corfe Mullen, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
We were looking for a tagine for my wife's parents for Christmas, but they have a halogen hob. The problem as I understand it is that in most cases, a halogen hob will 'shock' the ceramic and it will shatter, where as traditional hobs use diffusers to heat them slowly.

Any how, this one boast suitability for halogen so although it's a bit pricey compared to the average tagine, we went for it.

The first one we had delivered had a fault as the lid had a small protrusion on the bottom lip, so it did not sit flush on the base and wobbled. We returned it no probs and then ordered a second one which was fine.

As it has not been used in anger yet as far as I know, I can't comment on the practicalities of it, the quality is great and it is made well. I'll add a further comment to this one when it's been field tested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, yummy! :), 25 Jan 2011
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
Got this tagine after our trip to Morocco when I was really inspired by slow cooking and all those varieties of spices they use. I am happy with this tagine, nothing sticks inside, meat is so delicious and tender, veggies cook nicely. But I have tendency of filling it to the edges ( it's enough for 2 people for at least 2 large dinners portions) and once it starts boiling juices splash all over the oven and I end up spending another 30 min cleaning the oven! :(
It's a really heavy dish but its material is a secret of great dishes as well.
I recommend lamb with prunes and almonds.. delish!

5.0 out of 5 stars TAjine, 31 Jan 2011
D. L. Hilton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
We decided to buy a Tajine after watching the hairy bikers xmas tv show where they showed a tajine cooked dish.We searched around and found that a lot of tajines were not very good as they needed heat difuser paltes etc and could not go from fridge to oven.We saw this one and was very impressed with its looks and the fact that it can go from hob to fridge to oven and will not damaged by the temperature changes. The first time we used it this way we were waiting for it to crack - we should have known better .No effect from a hot gas hob into oven , fridge etc This tajine is brilliant and has become our regular saturday night means of experimenting with diferent dishes.Cannot recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 28 Oct 2012
B. Kelly "Working Girl" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
My larger version of the Emile Henry Tagine was a gift at Christmas. I am a keen cook, love Moroccan and all casserole type food. This is so practical, I have a gas hob and have had no issues with heat at all. It has been in the oven too and performs brilliantly, no cracks of any sort have appeared. But I do not put mine on a high heat immediately rather build it up to the higher heat. That to me is good sense because I want to look after my trusty tagine! I cook in it a lot, meat is beautifully tenderised by the steam in the dome and all flavours are retained. It does look great on the table too but it sits on my stove all the time ready for use and I use it three or four times a week. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys one pot food and who hates washing up lots of dishes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb after care, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
I received a Emile Henry tagine as a gift. Having used it for almost two years and finding lots of lovely recipes, I unfortunately dropped the lid on a stone floor and damaged it. I tried to source a replacement through eBay, which was unsuccessful. I decided to email Emile Henry to see if I could purchase a replacement. The very next day I received a reply to say they were sending me a replacement lid, free of charge!any thanks to Julie at Emile Henry, if only all companies had this after service. I will certainly be ordering further items from Emile Henry as I love the tagine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Emile Henry Flame Tagine Rouge 32cm (Kitchen & Home)
Had one for ages until sadly it was dropped (bummer i know) anyways promptly replaced and it's just awesome still. SO yeah cooking currys, bolognese etc is epic again as only this to clean up!

5/5