5.0 out of 5 stars He was never out of touch
Chris Farlowe was simply THE UK white soul singer cum blues shouter. No one came near apart from possibly Winwood who moved into different pastures with Traffic, or Fame who was always more jazz and Mose Allison inclined. Along with Georgie he was the man with the residency at the hip Flamingo club famed for jazz blues crossover music. He was the man who Sue records...
Published on 1 Sept. 2011 by Dangerous Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant artist
I cannot disagree with the other reviews who praise the voice and delivery of Chris Farlowe. The trouble is that like many artists he had a couple of outstanding tracks alongside a greater number of easily forgettable weak output.

Published 8 months ago by Gerald L

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ride on Chris !, 1 July 2008
Ever since saving my 13/6 to buy the Stormy Monday LP in the 60's, Chris has been the undisputed 'King of Blued eyed soul' for me. This represents great value with Chris being given wonderful backing by the T'birds. Midnight hour and Handbags are perfection for me. Throughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)
I love this CD! Chris Falowe is brilliant one or two of the songs (Paint it Black springs to mind) of course the most famous of this being by The Rolling Stone version when I first heard it on this CD I thought oh my word what on earth! BUT keep listening and you will find although very different it is VERY good also he does a wonderful version of Dusty Springfields I just Dont KNow What To Do With Myself I bought my daughter a copy a very good value for money BOTH COPIES PLAYED A LOT

4.0 out of 5 stars Chris " the legend " Farlowe, 15 May 2014
Chris Farlowe is a true legend. We all know him for " Out of Time " but this collection reveals how he stamped his talent on many well known tracks. The best artists in the business wanted Chris to perform their songs knowing he would deliver a great performance. He has a unique, soulfoul voice that is held in high esteem in the business. I have met Chris and he was like his records - unique, lovely and truly authentic. Buy-it - you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant artist, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)

The Classics such as Out of Time and Handbags and Glad rags are in a class of their own, but much of the rest deserves little attention, maybe why he was never a bigger artist in the 'sixties.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2011, 14 Jan. 2014
Took my time but finally got a chris farlowe cd , saw him on a bill with Wayne Fontana vanity fayre and the merseybeats , by a mile he was the best on the bill, now I've seen him live I'd would go and see a full set instead of the half hour he got on the night , the double album has his big hit and the smaller ones he had in the 60s and the rest is fantastic .

4.0 out of 5 stars Jeez! This takes me back 40 years., 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)
Never realised what a great voice this guy had. I know some of his material was written by Jagger/Richards etc but he can deliver a great range of covers. As a Wilson Pickett (sp?) fan, for example, it's interesting to compare the 2 versions. On balance, still prefer the Pickett version but the Farlowe CD is great value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars He'd have won the X-Factor in his day, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)
Chris Farlowe had one of those voices that would have sent X-Factor audiences into mass hysteria soon after he opened his mouth. Simon and the others would have given him a Yes with knobs on. Lest one forget, buy this inexpensive reminder. The particularly fine and unusual version of 'Paint It Black' was a very nice surprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of Time - No Way !, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on a whim but mostly because it was cheap !

What a revelation, a trip down memory lane, a brilliant voice perfectly suited for the blues. I remember out of time in the 60's when I was 14. This is still as fresh now as it was then.

Well done Chris you've lasted the course well !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Mar. 2013
Maps (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)
Loved these songs since I was a girl, they form the soundtrack to my teenage years - what's not to like? Always felt Chris was under rated and still do. Played the title song for my 12 year old grandaughter - her reaction was "that's cool". Praise indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 28 April 2013
Peter Senior (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out Of Time (Audio CD)
Just super music from my youth that's stood the test of time. I remember seeing Chris and the Thunderbirds at East Ham Granada in the sixties. Didn't hear them so much as FEEL them. How did the walls stay in pace!!! If you like sixties Blues - this is it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Out Of Time
Out Of Time by Chris Farlowe (Audio CD - 2008)