Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 November 2005
I first heard Tina on Zero 7's 2nd album and fell in love with her voice. I saw her play at the 12 Bar Club in London and she blew me away. Since then, I've bought "Far", which is superb and recently bought "In the Red", which is more accomplished than her first. Initially the album didn't grab me, although Tina's voice stood out as being exceptional. After REALLY listening to "In the Red" a couple of times, the record has completely drawn me in. Tina's voice is quite unlike anyone else's: feminine, powerful and earthy, as many before, yet she has no peer. This record is captivating once you understand its vocabulary. The songs are beautiful, honest and heartfelt, full of hope, heartbreak and love. I can't stop listening to it. I hope Tina's next record is as good, perhaps with more presence from the band behind her fantastic voice. In the meantime, buy this record because you won't be disappointed, and if you get chance, see Tina in concert while it's relatively easy to do so.
Aah, Tina Dico. Where have you been all my life?

I'd had this artist suggested to me by the Music Genome Project based on other styles of music I liked. I played a gamble and bought this CD, and I have been totally taken a-back by how impressive it is.

This is a calm and relaxing CD, one which I could listen to over and over again. I find it really quite strange that I'd never heard any of these songs before, going by how nice they all are. How can such talent be kept hidden for so long?

In my opinion, if you like artists such as Annie Lennox, Tunde, Norah Jones and Katie Melua as bigger-named examples, you will fall straight in love with Tina's pure and wholesome sound.

Favourite tracks on the CD are "The City", "Give In", "My Mirror" and "One".
on 29 March 2006
Tina has a rare, exceptional talent, and as has been said, there will be at least one stand-out track on this album that touches you.
I prefer the version of "Warm Sand" from "Far", but my favourite is another re-worked track "My Mirror". The title track is sublime too.
Unfortunatley, the tracks aren't "poppy" enough for our blinkered radio stations to play during peak listening times, but hopefully those alrady in the know will pass on the torch.
Apart from "Far", make sure you find time to search for her other albums, "Fuel" & "Notes". You won't be disappointed.
on 16 March 2006
Tina Dico's warm, alluring voice in Zero7 left me eager to hear her solo efforts. I already have "Far," which seems more personal than "In the Red," but less developed. "In the Red" is a melancholic album that perfectly balances catchy choruses with relatively profound lyrics. It doesn't stand out on first listen, and I do think that some of the songs, espcially her new version of "Warm Sand", are over edited, but it certainly grows on you. "Head Shop" and "My Mirror" are particularly good. Do check out "Far" as well, though. Dico has an outstanding voice and I can't wait to hear her live.
on 29 June 2006
Tina Dico is best known as a vocalist with Zero 7. Now she shows what a great talent she is by writing a superb album which literally grows on you with every listen.Every track is excellent although my favourite is 'One'.A follow up album is promised for next year and when you buy Red you will definitely want the next one.A DVD of Tina in concert is also available if you search for it and is also worth buying. Great music!
on 17 January 2008
I've never bothered writing an amazon.co.uk review in the past, but decided to make an exception for this album. It is absolutely beautiful, full of some really haunting and etherial melodies.
It seems like her time with Zero 7 has rubbed off on this album, as some of the tracks have the same feel.
I stumbled over Tina Dico's music by accident and am absolutely stunned by it.
on 14 June 2006
She was always a singer songwriter in her own right from a young age, winning numerous awards in her home country. Zero 7 were given an excellent contribution from this artist and with this her first full length studio album in the UK she has demonstrated continued imaginative creativity. Her voice itself makes each song distinctive and Warm Sand was always going to be a winner. Creating imagery with words it what she does best.
on 5 July 2007
I came to this album as all the others above did. I had never heard her name before but knew the voice from Zero7. I would suggest that if you are remotely intruiged by why we have all rated this so highly then you should order this and prepare for a treat. I cannot understand why this never made it huge, especially when there are so many poor albums selling big numbers. Do yourself a favour and order this. You won't regret it.
on 25 February 2006
Tina Dico is arguably the best thing to come out of Denmark (Musically speaking) since Lena Marlin. In fact, although these two artists would be put in to the same genre, Tina Dico has more of a presence and edge to her voice and has a far better range overall. The stand out tracks are the title track 'In The Red', which is stunningly beautiful, 'Room With A View' and 'One'. This is obviously a very personal collection of songs for the artist and I challenge you not to pick out a song that is appropriate to something that has happened to you in your life.
Zero 7 have discovered a gem here, and I just hope there are many more albums of this quality to come from Tina Dico. You NEED this album in your collection!
on 21 July 2009
The third studio album from Tina Dico is a must own album in my opinion, from start to finish it is a real triumph. A real success story in her native Denmark, Tina Dico's music deserves recognition as music which really crosses genre barriers. I find it very difficult to categorise her and probably like her even more because of this! Produced by Chris Potter (Urban Hymns - The Verve), 'In The Red' has a very relaxed feel about it and is perfect after a hard day at work. Tina Dico has a very soulful voice which is showcased well on this album - my advice is buy it and enjoy. Although the whole of this album is superb, particular stand out songs for me are 'The City', 'In The Red' and 'One'.