4.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Mini Chopper Attachment AT320A
When I splashed out and replaced my very old Kenwood Chef with a superb new top of the range machine I also bought a food processor, mincer, and liquidiser jug attachments - but didn't get a Mini Chopper Mill simply because I had a small electric "Mouli" - which inevitably soon died!

Published on 9 Nov 2010 by "Bilgescraper"

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-priced
This works acceptably well most of the time, but what a nerve to charge almost twice the price of the self-contained Kenwood Mini Chopper. The latter may not have extra jars and lids but is has its own motor, is much more convenient to use and yet takes little more space. Consider that unless you really need the extra jars.
Published on 16 July 2010 by Mr Gumby

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Mini Chopper Attachment AT320A, 9 Nov 2010
"Bilgescraper" (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kenwood Chef and Major AT320B Mini Chopper/Mill Attachment with 3 Additional Glass Jars (Kitchen & Home)

So when I spotted an offer on Amazon for a Mini Chopper/Mill at the same price as a stand alone electric variety I thought why not save space and add another Kenwood tool to my collection.

When the little Mini Chopper/Mill arrived I was amased at how heavy the box was, and when I opened it I discovered why. Althouhg the base of the mill is plastic the jar on the top is extremely thick glass, absolutely bomb proof - typically Kenwood! The fact that you also get 3 spare jars, with lids, is a real bonus. You can process ingredients and then simply pop them on the shelf until you need them - in very neat stylish jars!

I was also delighted to discover the mill was extremely compact, well made, and the blades extremely sharp. Initially I was concerned that it would not perform as well as my old stand alone electric machine - until I tried it!

In just a couple of seconds it reduced a jar full of full "raw" garam masala to a fine smooth powder, a couple of tablespoons of coffee beans into beautiful filter coffee, and in even shorter time it chopped a handful of fresh herbs perfectly.

I then enjoyed quite a few minutes experimenting [or playing] with ingredients raging from granulated sugar to nutmeg and the Mini Chopper/Mill handled them all with extreme ease - very efficiently. Hardly surprising when it has the huge power of a Chef underneath it!

Cleaning the unit is far simpler than an electric variety as it instantly comes apart into three easily handled components - the base - the blade assembly - and the jar. Obviously you do have to be careful when washing the blades -when Kenwood say "sharp" they really mean it.

Overall I am delighted with my new Kenwood accessory but, as you can see, I have not given it five stars for one simple reason.

When using a small chopper/mill, of any type, you inevitably invert the container to add the ingrediatents you are working on, and then lock on the base whilst still inverted, to stop anything falling out. Then, when you've processed the contents you reverse the process for the very same reason.

With my old electric machine this was an extremely simple if not cumbersome manouever [although cleaning it afterwards was not]. However the Kenwood seems to have no way of retaining the blade unit into the base whilst inverted so you have to get used to handling three loose components, not just two. Although the Kenwood is so much easier to clean than a two piece electric machine it would have been much nicer if the blades and base stayed firmly together whislt inverted. Perhaps it's just that I'm an old engineer but I do think Kenwood could have found a simple solution to this minor annoyance.

Notwithstanding the Mini Chopper's slight design error it really does precisely what it says on the box, and a lot more, and instantly became a very welcome addition to my kitchen, and my Kenwood collection. In a "disposable world" it's really good to find something so substantial - I have absolutely no doubt that the Mini Chopper together with its Kenwood Chef power source will probably outlive me, and then be passed onto a very gratefull offspring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic addition to your Kenwood Chef, 26 Feb 2010
Mrs G! (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
Kenwood Chef and Major Multi Mill Attachment with 3 Additional Glass Jars AT320A

This is a great additional piece of equipment for your Kenwood Chef/Major.

I bought this to go with my Kenwood Major Titanium so that I could make my own pesto sauces; grind coffee, herbs or nuts.

I used it to blend curry spices last weekend to make my own curry powder. So much quicker to measure them out into the jar, fit the blades, screw on the attachment then 'blitz' it on the machine. Perfect mixing without the powders making you sneeze!

I love the fact that it comes with 4 jars and lids as it means that I can make double quantities and use one/keep one for next time. Much easier to batch bake as a working mum.

Highly recommended product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Mill attachment, 7 Oct 2009
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The mill is designed to chop small quantities of food, such as herbs or coffee beans.

Everything is designed around a glass jar and four are supplied with the mill (one is attached to the Mill on arrival, with three extras in the box), along with four lids (so whatever you process can be kept inside the jar).

Assembly of the product is straightforward - put the ingredients in the jar, insert the blades, then screw on the base and insert onto the outlet on the Kenwood Chef. I have a couple of issues with this; I am not keen about having to handle the blades quite this intimately and frequently, plus the mill itself is fiddly to attach to the outlet on the machine.

In terms of results, it manages to finely chop herbs quickly, as well as small quantities of things like tomatoes, but did not do so well with biscuits - it appears as though the blade mechanism gets clogged with crumbs.

Overall, I am reasonably happy with my only true reservation being the fact I have to handle the blades as much as required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Mini Mill, 3 Mar 2011
I just love this little thing. When you need to chop small amounts, its great that you don't need to use a liquidiser(blender) or food processer. And the Jars are great for storeage. Great for pestos and all kind of mixes for barbeque.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini chopper, 28 May 2012
Solid design, really like the idea of having four cups with lids for storage. Ideal for making all kinds of sauces and dressings. My favourite one is juice of half lemon with 3 garlic cloves, a hand full of chopped chives and few spoons of mayonnaise - delicious. Giving four as the max capacity line should be placed a bit lower - not all the ingredients mix well with its current height.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not cheap, 27 April 2012
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This set, which consists of a mini chopper blade, plus four glass storage jars with lids is generally a good thing, and is compatible with all bar one of the earliest generations of Kenwood Chef. The jar joins together with the blade courtesy of a rubber seal and a screw-on collar. The eventual effect is water-tight, so this is ideal for blending small amounts of liquid e.g. for making a curry paste or marinade. The mill is excellent for coffee beans - the right sort of size to get freshly ground coffee as and when you want it, without cluttering up your kitchen with a separate gadget. And if you do grind a bit much, the jars are a nice size to be stored in the fridge.

The mill attaches to the high-speed power outlet on the Kenwood Chef via a sprung mechanism that requires you to line the base up with the outlet and press down firmly, before twisting to lock in place. When doing this fingers and/or thumbs are liable to get pinched in between the food mixer and the attachment if you aren't really careful. This is not a comfortable experience and can result in some nasty blood blisters.

It is worth noting that although the Kenwood website promotes the use of this attachment as "ideal" for hard spices used in curries, the accompanying instruction booklet warns specifically AGAINST using this with turmeric root (which is becoming quite widely available in supermarkets) as this is apparently too hard and can damage the blades.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Attachment, 13 April 2010
Mellow Yellow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a must for all Kenwood Chef owners. The 4 jars each have a lid and are so solid.

You can make pesto sauce so quickly with little mess and fuss and its great for grinding coffee beans which always tastes nicer than the ground coffee! The jars being made of glass are easy to clean and do not retain any of the strong flavours.

The only down side is that all 4 jars are the same size and to be honest I have no use for 4 the same. They are also quite limited in capacity (about 200ml). I would have like one to be large so I can make a milkshake without having to use the giant blender jug.

However, despite its limitations, I would reccomend this to other Chef owners.

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-priced, 16 July 2010
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very effective mill attachment, 12 Dec 2009
A. A. Jones "A. A. Jones" (Stockton on Tees, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very effective mill it finishes the task in seconds. If you are not careful things like biscuits will turn into pulp.

Very easy to assemble and use and likewise comes apart easy for cleaning. It's quite safely designed too, it's impossible to have the blade turning on the mixer unless the glass jar is in place.

Some people find it awkward to attach it to the mixer, but just like the liquidiser its a knack you can quickly get the hang of.

It comes with a total of 4 jars. Personally one would have been plenty for me. I have no need to store anything I grind and I wash it straight after use. I store this product and its four jars in an 8L really useful box.

2.0 out of 5 stars A lot of faff, 20 Jan 2010
In theory, this should be wonderful as it is just the right size and fits onto my mixer.
But in practise it gets the food & fires it onto the roof of the attachment where it sits happily. Or is sprays the stuff onto the sides.
You then need to remove the attachment, shake the stuff down onto the blades and then blend again. Repeat this process about 15 times.
Quite annoying, but the final results are good. I make curry paste with it and, IN THE END, it is very successful.
If anyone has any ideas how to avoid this problem please leave a comment under this review.

ARRAY(0xa1306780)