4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit
This came as a free gift with my ipod but if it had'nt I would have gladly paid the 19.99 for it!! The sound is better than I expected and is perfect for the desk, for a night away, camping etc. First class all round.
Published on 30 Aug 2006 by T. L. Batters

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the New Nano's
I've just bought a new ipod nano and wanted to get a few accessories. These came highly recommended, and they do work really well - simple to use and quite loud for something so small.

Published on 27 Oct 2006 by A. E. Regulski

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit, 30 Aug 2006
T. L. Batters "tadmartonterry" (Banbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GEAR4 PocketParty for iPod Nano - MicroSpeaker - Black (Accessory)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the New Nano's, 27 Oct 2006

However - my ipod nano doesn't fit on it!! I have to turn it around so that its half on half off and facing backwards. I think the must have changed the bottom of the ipods for the newer generation. A shame cos otherwise it is great, but i don't want others making the same mistake as me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK for your hotel room, 4 Aug 2006
Scully Bloke (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A nice little device that easily connects to your ipod and works off a single aa battery. Its light, easy to carry in your pocket, and is ideal for listening to your ipod when you dont want to have your ear phones in.

However it is not loud enough to have a party with, unless its a party for 2, and there are only 2 volume levels, on, and on but a bit louder !

Having said that I have had mine a month, used it a few times, mainly while in hotel rooms and in the park, and its still on the same battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars nano speakers, 18 Sep 2006
A. Walker (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I got this free with my nano and at first it was alright and then the music just went all jittery and skiddy.not sure if it needs a new battery.not bad looking small stylish, not bad if you get it free but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Party Time, 13 Jan 2006
Louise Stanley (Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My parents got me a Nano and a PocketParty for Christmas, and it's a good little thing for when you want to listen to music but don't need the computer on or want to waste your iPod batteries.
The sound is what you'd expect from an average radio - it's not exactly great but then this isn't an expensive piece of kit. Personally I am usually in my room with the computer on or outside with my headphones in (or it's too late at night to play music so others can hear it) so I don't use it much but doubtless there will be a time when it will come in handy, and it's there for that occasion.
Only carping is it's a bit hard to get it open to put the battery in, but thoughtfully PodGear do supply a battery as part of the package, so that's a real bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of equipment!, 19 July 2006
Ms. Charlotte V. Knott (Brighton/ London UK) - See all my reviews
I just received this product for my birthday and i cannot recommend it highly enough. Considering the price the quality is brilliant, it is very compact and the sound is great, especially considering that it is powered by 1 AA battery! The only thing I would say is that if you want unmatched sound quality and volume it is not the product for you. However, it is perfect for taking on holidays, in the garden or to the beach, or for background music in a bedroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the price!, 9 Sep 2006
A. Clegg "NATAL!E" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I got the GEAR4 PocketParty Micro Speaker System for the iPod Nano free with my iPod purchase. It arrived very quickly, in true Amazon delivery speed, and I opened the package eagerly.

Once plugged into my iPod, I was quite impressed at the sound these tiny speakers could make, and especially with them running off one AA battery alone. If bought, they're a lot cheaper than an actual iPod docking station would cost, plus it's a great size to slip into your bag to take to the beach, park, or wherever you want to go!

However, I do find the sound slightly 'tinny' on a few of my songs, though I'm not entirely sure whether that's down to the quality of my music!

On the whole, I think this micro speaker system is great for everyday use, wherever you want to go, especially for the price = and especially because I didn't have to pay for it!! Though if you want to use it for somewhere where there may be background noise, or where you'd want it really loud, this isn't really the speaker system for you!

3.0 out of 5 stars super-lightweight music, 25 July 2006
K. Dawson (UK) - See all my reviews
Well it's hardly a boom box but this was better than some cheap speakers I've used with a CD walkman. Opening the battery compartment is a nightmare at first. The groove on top suggests a coin or key needs to be used (or risk a nail) but no, it's a red herring - I used the base as a lever and opened it as if there are hinges on the bottom.

As most everyone has said, if you need a super-lightweight solution to sharing some tunes with friends you can't go wrong with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if you want no bass, 15 Jun 2006
Bazza (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this today, and it works fine. It's OK for a bit of background music in a quiet room. Really small and great for holiday etc...

If you want bass, or loud music, this is NOT for you....

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Great!, 16 Jan 2007
Katie (Sunderland) - See all my reviews
I bought this speaker for taking away on holiday and was amazed. It is tiny and light so is ideal for taking away and the sound is really clear, not tinny at all. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a small speaker to take away with them. My mum also bought one at the same time and is also very impressed.

ARRAY(0x9e8deef4)