4.0 out of 5 stars A great concept
I found out about Art Vinyl's Play&Display mounts the weekend just gone whilst visiting a friend in London. They currently run a very chic shop in Broadway Market, London. The retail outlet was very strinking, and at first glance I could not work out if it was a minimalist record store or an art gallery.

The shop is great and the staff their were very friendly...
Published on 12 April 2006 by K. Rapley

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, shame about the price!!!
Ludicrously over-priced at 39!!! Putting album sleeves on a wall, to me, falls into the 'Fun' design-category, and as such a fun-price would be more appropriate. I've seen similar products at 3:99 each which look the same once wall-mounted. Shop around.
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by G.Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars A great concept, 12 April 2006
K. Rapley (Lincoln, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)

The shop is great and the staff their were very friendly and helpful, encouraging browsers to engage with the mounts and have a play with them and take a look at the records they have available.

The mount is very simply, a modern picture frame which contains your treasured vinyl and displays it as a work of art. At the same time - need to play the record? No problem, push the front of the display unit and the door very beautifully opens from the top (hinged from the bottom) allowing easy access to the record.

It is pretty stunning, I was mightily impressed - however I give 4 stars as I thought at 29.99 for just a framing unit it was a little over priced. If I didn't own any vinyl I would probably go for the 39 offer of the unit and an album of choice.

That said I will still be looking to purchase one of these for a DJ friend of mine for a birthday present in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality frame, 25 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
I bought an Art Vinyl frame from Amazon as a Christmas present for my brother and it's fantastic, really good quality, looks great on the wall, very easy to 'assemble' and to change the record. We've been having loads of fun seeing how different records look framed, and trying to decide which should be left there permanently. Definitely recommend, and I am going to buy some more for my house.
P.S. you don't even need to be a vinyl collector, because you can easily get one or two records in a charity shop (or indeed online) to display. Makes a good and original present.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 14 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
Saw these in Fopp (record shop) and had to have one (actually bought pack of three on Amazon. Posted quickly, well packaged, clear instructions. Great idea for LP fans. Got Leo Sayer's clown face peering down at the moment, probably change to King Crimson next. Could use for photos or art, too, of course.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, and stylish too, 18 Oct 2007
Henk Beentje "Henk Beentje" (Kew, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
Recently bought a second one of these - one at home, one at work. It is easy to swap record sleeves, and the mount covers only a tiny amount of outer edge. So nearly the whole sleeve is visible, protected by a transparent and hardly reflective surface; and offset by the black 2.5 cm/1 inch black border. The border works, it's non-intrusive and frames in a rather stylish way. Yes, the mount is plastic, but it is dull matt and looks fine, even classy. The whole mount is about a centimetre (5/12 of an inch, for the metrically challenged) thick, so looks like a cool painting frame - records get the art treatment they deserve!

I've digitized my whole record collection, but I wouldn't want to miss my beloved LP covers - and this is the best way to put them up on the wall. It's not cheap, but it looks great. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Play & Display, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
I bought this to display a Manic Street Preachers National Treasures 12" single that I was given for my birthday. It looks fab on my bedroom wall.

4.0 out of 5 stars LPs were and are "ART", 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
Good artwork deserves a good display and this is just the job. Nicely finished, so it doesn't look cheap even though it's plastic. A little pricey, but, if you're like me and miss enjoying the sleeve artwork, this is the way to get it all out in the open!

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Vinyl LP picture frame, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
Album covers in these frames look fantastic. I have got both the white and black ones, and they both look great. Really easy to put up, and to change album covers once up. I have had lots of comments from visiting friends who think they look really cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something special, 27 Jan 2007
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
I bought this Art Vinyl Play and Display Mount for my husband. He had spotted it on the Amazon website and thought it was a great idea but a bit expensive.

It became a Christmas present and he was thrilled. It was easy to fix to the wall. It is simple to change the vinyl. I bought one but think it would look better three in a row. It is such an unusual product and is always a talking point when we have visitors. Just wish it was cheaper and I'd buy lots as presents for friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to decorate my music room, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
I purchased this to display one of my many rare LPs, will be saving to purchase more in the future, excellent and well designed product

5.0 out of 5 stars All OK, 21 Aug 2013
P. Holland "PGH" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black) (Misc.)
Big package but yep no issues at all turned up on time and was as displayed in the picture. Did it for me

Art Vinyl Play & Display Record Frame (Black)
39.00