5.0 out of 5 stars Quick fix for non-spraying bottles
Published 10 months ago by Mrs. A. Lewington

Published 17 months ago by HEY JUDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick fix for non-spraying bottles, 10 Oct 2013
Mrs. A. Lewington (York, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Estee Lauder Youth dew Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 67 ml (Personal Care)
I did leave virtually the same comment in answer to the gentleman who had commented that his wife's Youth Dew would not spray so he was returning it for a refund. It seemed like so much trouble to go to for a very common problem which has only started occurring since the 'pump' style dispensing bottles became the norm rather than the good old 'spray', which I used to adore (even if I did go through more scent that way ;-D). My beloved Mum has just died and I used to love it, when I was a child, when she went out for the evening as the air was thick with the scent of Youth Dew. We didn't have a lot of money but she wore this all through my childhood and teens, when she caught a whiff of my Aromatics Elixir and swapped to that, lol. There were 2 75ml bottles in her bedroom, the body lotion and a drum of body powder. I love it, so I'm using it and it's a massive comfort to me. Anyway, the 'fix' goes like this...

I worked for Elizabeth Arden for a lot of years and obviously we all helped out wherever whenever on perfumery when it was sheer madness at Xmas. The problem with non spraying was far and away the most common reason for return and fixed usually inside 30 seconds. It was lovely to see so many disappointed wives/girlfriends so happy when they could use the bottle that their bloved had bought for them. Here's the fix(I hope this helps) - turn the bottle upside down completely and pump the spray maybe half a dozen times. Then turn the bottle the right way up and do the same again. Towards the end of the 6 or7 'upright' sprays, the fragrance will start spraying properly. The reason that the bottle isn't dispensing properly to start with is that there's air trapped in the plastic tube leading down into the bottle, usually from either being stored upside down or transported that way. The fragrances(especially at Xmas), in boxes of maybe 50 or 100 bottles, were packed into the storage rooms any way we could do them - there was just so much stock!!!. Anyway, this 'quick fix' honestly did work 99 times out of 100, resulting in happy customers and consultants' sales targets met *grin*. Feel free to pass this tip to any and all people who wear fragrance/after shave etc. and I really hope it helps you. Btw, I know it doesn't need saying but this works with all 'pump' sprays Happy spraying!! p.s. This applies to travelling too. I know it's unavoidable in luggage when travelling abroad, but try and make sure your fragrance stays upright in your vanity case or whatever if you're travelling at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Pressie, 20 Dec 2010
My wife will be delighted on Xmas Morning when she gets her Estee Lauder Youth Dew it arrived within two days of ordering and the price was cheeper than I could of bought in Aberdeen

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 May 2011
Wonderful perfume, people ask me what perfume I am wearing, it has a long lasting aroma that lasts allday long

3.0 out of 5 stars THERE DOES SEEM TO BE SOMETHING JUST NOT QUITE THE SAME ABOUT IT, 26 Mar 2013
Anyone who has seen 'Abigail's Party' will know that this perfume plays a part in the play. We had front row seats at a performance recently, and not only saw the perfume being sprayed, but smeled it too! brought back so many memories, as I wore it all the time in the mid 70s. First thing I did when I came home was look it up, and then order what seemed to be the wonderful value 67ml size. It arrived in days, and on first spraying it does seem like the perfume of old, but I agree with quite a few reviewers here - there does seeem to be something just not quite the same about it. However, I'm using it, but really would love to have confirmation it is the fragrance which has changed over the years, and not my sense of smell!

3.0 out of 5 stars Estee Lauder Youth Dew Eau Du Parfum Spray 28ml, 18 Mar 2013
Purchased as a present for my sister, she seem'd happy with the bottle, although she did state it was not the same as previous bottles she as had in the past, it has lost its lingering smell somewhat . I purchased online to save a few bob, the local perfume shops where charging far more for the same item.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars because my mum loves it!, 5 July 2011
Jackiesmackie "Independently Different" (UK, Blackburn) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
A timeless classic, my mum loves it. If we are ever stuck we always ask if she is out of it. She tells me she would bath in it! If it helps my mum is on her early 50's, just so you know if you are stuck for something for your mum. I find the scent a bit cloying and heavily floral but that's why she likes it...

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT PERFUME, 12 Nov 2010
P. Cherry (northampton england) - See all my reviews
I WAS RECOMMENDED THIS PERFUME,I LOVE IT ,IT HAS BEEN MY FAVOURITE FOR YEARS.PEOPLE COMMENT WHEN I WEAR IT ,THANK YOU ESTEE LAUDER

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells good..., 11 Jun 2011
This is a great perfume which has been a favorite of mine for many years.
The price is unbeleivable , great value for such a big bottle.
Will be shopping here in future for perfumes, can't afford the shop prices.

1.0 out of 5 stars NON DELIVERY, 5 Jan 2011
Colin H. Clark "judge dread" (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this in early December for a birthday present on December 30. Today January 5 it has still not been delivered and the courier City Link is not taking phone calls. I tried to leave no stars but it would not accept the review as that.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 25 May 2014
Scent is quite poor. Dodgy nozel on top of spray making it difficult to use when trying to spray it.