4.0 out of 5 stars Still The best exercise video I have bought!!
Published on 9 Jan 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow down a bit, Cindy!
I hate every program that has to do with those too advanced coreagraphical moves and are more like dancing. I find those too complicated for my humble brain. This DVD is great that way. It has absolutely no advanced coregraphy. Just pure traditional muscle exercise. But the only problem is that she goes through everything really quickly. She has already done like 3...
Published on 22 Nov 2006 by Body Shaper

4.0 out of 5 stars Still The best exercise video I have bought!!, 9 Jan 2003
By A Customer
I bought this video about six years ago, and I can honestly say that it is the only one (out of many others!) that I enjoy working out to and stick to. OK, some of the moves are on the dodgy side and rushed, but I work at my own pace and level while Ms Crawford sweats it out! That's another good thing about this video - Cindy Crawford comes across as being down to earth, and shows that she is human and not just another faddy supermodel, by letting you see and hear that she is probably suffering just as much as you are during the workout! There is fab music throughout the video and the interesting shots makes it less boring to watch. When I need to tone up for my hols or anytime I feel out of shape, i know I can rely on this one to get me firmer in all areas!! There are two sessions on this video which can be alternated which is a fab idea to keep boredom at bay. I occassionally alternate this video with 'The Next Challenge' video for when I'm feeling energetic! When my video wears out (which will be very soon) I'll be rushing to buy another one. BUY IT NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly invigorating for a pretty bikini exercise tape, 9 Aug 2000
By A Customer
OK, I would normally rather die than admit to buying a celeb's keep fit video and I actually bought this because I wanted a fitness video and didn't have a clue which to buy. Lorraine Kelly doesn't strike me as a fitness freak so her's was a no no. So, for a chance purchase, I fared rather well. I have been using the video every day (yes EVERY day) for about a month, and I really have toned up. I have nearly got a six-pack belly and Linda Hamilton arms. It is not exhausting but really works you. Downpoints, bit rapid for beginners, do NOT do the neck rolls (recent research shows this can damage your spine) and once or twice they (Cindy and RADU) forget they have an audience and march on ahead without a mention. Otherwise, this should be one for the collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars OW!, 23 Feb 2003
By A Customer
I found this video good because it has the variety of three different workouts. The first two workouts are around 45 minutes each which mean that it is easier to find a time slot to do them in if you have a busy life.According to Cindy, you are supposed to do workout two the day after you do workout 1, however in all the time I have tried this video I have never done this because I am so stiff and sore from day 1!My critism is that she sometimes goes too fast with excercise repetitions, and the warm up and cool down is a bit brief.Other than that- a good workout.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR BEGINNERS!, 14 Jan 2003
By A Customer
I am no stranger to regular exercise and decided to dust the cobwebs off this tape (which I bought a decade ago and never used) for a change in my routine. It has 2 x 40 mins workouts plus a short 10 min one at the end for those in a hurry. You need a chair, floor mat, thick seat cushion for your back, hand weights, towel and lots of drinking water! Knowing what I know today about exercise safety, good form etc, I would say, take it easy with this tape and listen to your own body. Keep the pause button handy! The warm-ups (which are in fact joint rotations) are completely useless not to mention possibly dangerous - all those neck rolls and swings at that speed ... yikes! The exercises themselves are challenging, athletic and very enjoyable, but way too fast for my liking. I feel rushed and unable to complete the moves properly. The stretching sessions are too short, just as hurried and ineffective. Bottom line : warm up for at least 10 mins before (walking, marching on the spot, whatever); do the joint rotations at half the speed and perhaps leave the neck out completely; take your time with the exercises and concentrate on form, even if you do 6 slower reps instead 10 fast ones, specially with the weights, you will get all the benefits without the pain! Stretch all the muscles used at the end of the workout, gently, no bouncing, for 10-15 mins and you won't be too sore the next day! I say that because Radu and Cindy make you work, work, work! I will continue using this tape (great production and music) and recommend it to anyone who likes to exercise in front of the TV and hates all the constant bla bla bla ... yada yada yada ... and third rate music you get with most of the other "keep fit" videos out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars good overall fitness workout, 15 Feb 2013
Female, 29 years old, height - 1.72 m, starting weight - 71 kilos, current weight - 63 kilos, desired weight - 58 kilos

I discovered Cindy Crawford's workouts last spring when I awoke from a 2-year lazy ass sitting around all day period. I was at my largest weight - 71 kilos and I decided it was high time I did something about it. During high-school, university and well after university I attended dance and aerobics classes on a regular basis, so at least in theory I'm not a newbie when it comes to fitness.

I think this workout is great! Sure, her form is sometimes poor, but like other reviewers have said you just have to make sure you do the moves correctly and you'll be fine. The moves themselves are very effective. They're the kind of movements I used to do during my dancing classes (for our toning exercises). The exercises are old-school, but proven again and again to be effective, without hurting your knees, back, joints, etc. It's low-impact.

I'd say that the fitness level is intermediate. Advanced exercisers might find this to be too short and non-demanding. Beginners will struggle at first with the speed of her repetitions. As you get fitter, you'll be able to do them at her speed. You can also do them at your own speed and pause the workout. This is what I do for the abs section, where my back tends to become too tight if I do them at light-speed.
Pros:
- short, effective, low-impact
- great scenery, great music, Cindy's body is inspirational and for once, ATTAINABLE

Cons:
- no cardio, you'd have to look for it elsewhere (I do Billy Blanks 2-3 times a week and then 'Shape your body' or 'The next challenge' the remaining half of the week).

Another thing I like is it doesn't drain me of energy. I do my workouts first thing in the morning, that is when I have the time, on an empty stomach. This workout works me just enough to tone and improve my body, without depleting it of all energy for the rest of the day. I also don't feel like I'm about to drop dead at the end of it.

I use it to tone up my whole body and I rely on proper diet and cardio to shift the remaining 3-5 kilos. I have about 30 at-home workouts, but I always come back to Cindy's workouts. Hers and Billy Blanks' have proven to be effective without any side effects. I've tried Davina McCall's Superbody and Body Buff (my back hurt from one of her workouts), Jillian Michaels (not enjoyable, the style is too military for my liking), Bob Harper (also hurt my back badly), Callanetics (good for toning, but it becomes soooo boring after a while), Turbo Fire (high-impact, I don't think it would be good on the long-term), Ministry of Sound "Pump it up" (also too high impact), Brazil Butt Lift (not so enjoyable, I thought it might be otherwise given my dancing background, but it was not - too much non-sense), Jari Love (a billion repetitions, not enjoyable). As you can see I have a very diverse workout library, and yet I prefer 'Shape your body'. Because it's effective, it's enjoyable, it's low impact, I also find it quite relaxing at some point - I work out very early in the morning and sometimes I'm not completely waken. Loud annoying music with extra cheery fake instructors would just get on my nerves at this point.

4.0 out of 5 stars an extremely worthwhile investment, 27 Oct 2001
i am very pleased with this video. It is varied and set in lovely scenery. Radu really makes me feel like he is my personal trainer pushing me on to do my best. My only complaint is that the repitions are exrtremely quick and sometimes i feel like i may not be doing the excercises properly because i'm trying to keep up with Radu's counting! But despite this cindy is really likable and i really enjoy this workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, 12 Jun 2003
By A Customer
I like it a lot. This video and New Challenge I have for about 6-7 years. Cindy does great job, and excercises are giving me energy and motivation. I play viola and have to spend many hours practicing. And those excercises are giving me energy that I need to keep up with my busy schedule.
Great attitude, great music...and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard workout but it works!, 5 Aug 2000
Cindy Crawford takes her exercise seriously but enjoys every moment. This workout incorporates enough variation so that you will want to complete it each time. The next day you may wish you hadn't because the aches and pains in your leg remind you of all the muscles you didn't realise you even had!
However, if you enjoy the pain then you will want to do this video again and again.
The abs, bums and thighs exercises are different to the normal run of the mill videos and so your interest is definitely kept until the end.
The 10 minute workout is excellent also for when you don't have time.
Try it... you'll like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite intensive, 19 May 2006
Toby Field (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cindy Crawford: Shape / Your Body Workout [DVD] [1992] (DVD)
I've started dieting again and begun a new fitness regime as I've been lazy for many years now. I've had this video and never actually done it. I've been doing the Vanessa Feltz video I bought about 5 years ago I like it but wanted some variety so I put this video on. I managed the first 40 mins minus a few of the last exercises and it crippled me! (in a good way as my muscled have never felt so worked). The workout is intensive but good. Not recommended for beginners but something I will be doing about once a fortnight along with the other videos I have. You do need a sturdy chair, some small hand weights and a sofa cushions or pillows.

For blokes like me, watching Cindy Crawford will encouraged to get to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite DVD!!, 9 Nov 2010
I was using this DVD while in high school, about 15 years ago!! and loved it! I don't like going gym, always prefered doing some excercies at home, tried many different dvds and while looking for something new, I found Cindy Crawford dvd and remembered how much I enyojed it.
It is really hard. If you are not fit, there is no way you will complete 40 min workout, and if you do, you will not get up next morning, so be careful :)
It's better to start from 15-20 min and after a few weeks you can try to keep up with Cindy.
This workout really shapes your body!!

Cindy Crawford: Shape / Your Body Workout [DVD] [1992]