Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 May 2007
Bryan Adams has always been one of my favourite male artists. Although I own quite a few of his studio albums, I couldn't resist picking up this excellent compilation as well. The two-disc 'Anthology' album contains most of the tracks, all of which are in the chronological order of their release, that you'd expect to hear in a compilation of his long music career. There is a good mix of classic driving rock music, his most famous love songs and duets with people like Tina Turner, Rod Stewart and Mel C.

With 36 original tracks, 'Anthology' is an important and generous collection of Bryan's best music, starting from the early hits to some of his most recent successes. It's almost impossible for me to pick a favourite track, but there is something for every fan. In addition to the great music, the album's enclosed booklet has detailed notes about the process of the recordings, as well as the usual information such as credits for each track.

I really don't think you could ask for a better two-disc retrospective of Bryan Adams' music. 'Summer of 69', 'Heaven', 'This Time', 'Run To You', 'Everything I Do (I Do It For You)', 'Hearts on Fire' are all classics, and there all here. An essential collection!
on 6 January 2007
This 2CD compilation is very diverse and will appeal to diehard Bryan Adams' fans in addition to all music fans. Many of his greatest songs including "Run To You", "Summer Of 69", "Star' "Back To You" and the "Best Of Me" shine amid this compilation. Several of Bryan Adams famous duets with superstars are also featured. It was enjoyable to hear "Here I Am" from the Spirit soundtrack. "Open Road" from his recent Room Service CD is a very nice addition. Bryan Adams is a very special rock star who can rock hard, sing love ballads and play both stellar guitar and bass. He is one of the good guys in music who supports human rights and animal welfare causes. He's a cool vegetarian who continues to excel. His 2004 "Room Service" Cd is a must buy because it proves that Bryan still rocks and has great riffs and fine melodies.
on 18 September 2013
I put this album on one afternoon to remind myself of how good Bryan Adams is.There were songs that I was familiar with and others I wasn't so familliar with all the same this a great musical history of his work of course you have the well known 'Summer of '69' and Everything I do I do it for you which is my 80yr old mothers favourite but you also get one that came from a fantastic film Spirit and that is Here I am mine and my brothers favourite.In conclusion all I can say is for every fan buy it for ones that want something great buy it.FABULOUS!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 January 2016
I really struggle to write reviews for music CDs as, let's face it, music really is down to personable preference and no amount of me saying 'yeah, this is fab, go buy it' is going to make, say, an opera fan rush out to purchase it. Hence it's a bit tricky - what I can say though is if you like the artist, and you don't already have this in your music collection, then you're missing out so yes, definitely go buy this. The music is excellent, both in quality and imagination and it's taking pride of place in my collection. As for the actual CD itself, perfect, no scratches or marks, the case was immaculate and postage was really quick. I genuinely can't fault it but if you need further convincing, go preview a couple of the tracks on a website like you tube and I can promise you, you'll want to buy it.
on 1 March 2016
when you get thro playing this i guarantee you'll play it again & again, bryans really pushed the boat out with this one, all his top songs played with the oomph only he can produce, been springsteen lovers for yrs till we sat down & really listened, then just bought half a dozen cds inc this, good job too! cant leave this one alone, get your friends round & the booze out & have your own little rockin party! (& a glass of wine for the ladies lol). if you dont buy, you cant fly. ENJOY!
on 20 November 2014
Immediate delivery thanks. Bought for my grandson who is a great fan of Bryan Adams and is looking forward to going to his concert at the O2 Area this weekend. Arrived in good packaging therefore no damage
on 19 October 2013
Do you ever have a song stuck in your head for years? Well not permanently but like it becomes the default tune that you sing to yourself? "Heaven" has been that for me for a decade or two. Plus I like Spirit of 69 and Run to Me. So I bought this to play in the car.

What I realised was that a) I knew more Brian Adams songs than I thought I did and b) liked more than I thought to.

Definitely not for anyone trying to be cool or relevant but good sing-a-longable pop-rock tunes.
on 7 July 2006
This compilation shows most of Bryan Adam's best known songs, like Summer of 69, Everything i do, (i do it for you), Cloud Number 9 and When your gone just to name a few.

I bought this to get a taste at other songs that Bryan Adams has done, and i was not disapointed at the quality of great tracks available on these two CD's.

Buy it now and if you like it like me, buy a few other CD's he has produced
on 23 May 2016
This is a very good collection of Bryan Adams' hits. It contains all the tracks of his that I'm familiar with and many, many more. My favourites are "Summer of '69", "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You", "All For Love" and "When You're Gone".
on 14 January 2016
Brilliant, absolutely love the CDs in the box, all the best songs he's ever done just about & for the small amount of money I'm really pleased with this its,..thanks very much.....:-)