Format: Audio CD|Change

Blue Harlem are mainly noted for being the band Imelda May was with before going solo. It's a classic rockabilly swing combo producing music that just gets you up and dancing, fronted by May's powerful, feel good singing.

And that sums this music up. Feel good. It's music to make you feel happy, infections big band swing that gets down into your soul, travels down your spine and hits the nerves that set your feet tapping. It's tight, upbeat, swinging music that entertains. 5 stars.
on 9 January 2010
Love TattooJohnny Got A Boom Boom
Imelda May when she was with Blue Harlem. Fabulous album. Best numbers: Every Time I Hear That Mellow Saxophone and Hallelujah I Just Love Him So...
on 14 February 2009
first saw imelda may on later with jools last year with her new band.WOW! just loved the voice, the double bass and fantastic guitar. This earlier release has a more american swing/jazz feel with less guitar, but that voice!
on 23 January 2009
A brilliant, catchy & classy CD. A must have for lovers of Imelda May, Blue Harlem or just blues & swing!
on 24 May 2014
My husband & I listened to this together excited to hear Imelda May again after we had just been to Viva Las Vega 2014 and her perfomance was amazing!
Only discovered her music within the last 2 years and cannot get enough.
This... however...is a little different than most of what she is doing at the moment. Her rockabilly music is amazing.!.!..!..!..but this is her beautiful soulful voice and talent on a whole different level. This CD is a must have! It is soothing....exciting... and sexy! It will melt away the stress of life and remind you of God's true blessings. Pure, beautiful, heartfelt angelic voice and a talent that should not be missed!
I would recommend this album to anyone!
on 16 November 2011
great album loads of good tracks on here ,was singing along all day to the music ,was looking for more imelda music and found out she was with this band before her solo career took off ,cheers
on 26 April 2014
This album by Blue Harlem is more jazz defined than what many Imelda fans may be used to but is well worth buying. There is something magical about the timing and inflection that Imelda uses to put across a song that just gets me. 'He May Be Yours' is my favourite track along with a sultry version of 'Drown In My Own Tears'. I love to think that she is singing just for me with that lovely Dublin lilt of hers. What could be better than that ? Oh, alright then.........6 pints of Guinness might do it, but I would only love her more after downing them.

Eamonn
on 10 February 2009
If you are thinking of buying this on the back of owning Imelda May's (nee Clabby)excellent solo material, think again. This is a rather tame collection of 50's style jazz of the sort that The Chevalier Brothers did (and Camille O'Sullivan still does) so much better. Some of the lyrics are very cringe-making (since when did the moon ever shine for 15 hours?!) and often about down trodden women (not in an empowering way). I don't know why Imelda left this band but my guess is that she wanted to be a bit more adventurous. This album, while not without some pleasing moments, is really only for Imelda May completists in my view.
on 20 February 2013
I like this band, a pity Emalda May left it but we all have to move on.
The tracks on this CD are great to listen to.
on 27 March 2009
I fell in love with the sound of Imelda May when I heard her on Dermot Oleary's Radio2 show and she played Jonny Got A Boom Boom, from the album Love Tattoo. I went and bought it there and then.

Since then I have seen her and her band play live in Swindon and sought out other recordings. I found this album. Imelda Imelda Imelda - if music was a religion then to day i was born again.

Happy Days!