Format: DVD|Change

on 8 March 2006
Fantastic series even thuogh I came in half way through, gritty and very real perfectly cast. I just wish the BBC would get their act together and realease it to DVD soon as they are frustrating a lot of people.
on 1 December 2012
A Great mini series that can be watched over and over again. Good acting great scenery and action what more could you want
on 29 December 2009
I loved both parts of this series and have wanted to buy the DVDs for ages but I was not able to afford the price of the boxed set and I watched for months and months. Luckily I was able to buy both series individually from Amazon as a christmas present to myself for just under £24 which was far better, finally, than even ebayers were paying for secondhand sets.

Its been a long wait but soooo worth it. I think it was one of the best TV series ever made and it never ceases to entertain.

I love it.

I do love history and I really appreciate the way in which the programme makers decided to show the realities of the life that the ordinary people faced in this period of history as well as the more often dramatised upper classes. Others have mentioned historical irregularities but the bonus disc shows what effort went into keeping as true to real life as possible and they've done a great job overall.

I completely lose myself in the drama and I'm sure it will be in my collection for years to come.
on 12 March 2015
great quality no complaints
on 11 December 2014
I liked the first episode when I watched it from television, so I bought this, unfortunately. I had a real problem with this wooden box DVD-edition because I couldn't get it open. First I figured out it must have been some kind of a puzzle and tried to open it gently by pulling from different sides, but that didn't work. Then I tried pulling it harder, to no avail. Throwing the box to the wall didn't work either. Then I figured out it must have been like that movie Fifth Element and tried to use different elements on it. Blowing to it, pouring sand to it and getting it wet did little good. It did catch fire though, so I guess that's something. After that I tried a gentler approach and tried to open it with a crowbar. Nothing. By this point I was getting really frustrated so I took an axe and gently chopped it open. Only the third DVD survived. Can somebody tell me what happens to that lovechild Titus Pullo and Cleopatra had?
on 8 January 2013
A must not miss series, you can almost imagine you are there in among the twists and turns of Roman scheming
on 14 April 2013
the bix this came in was in excellent conditon and loved the series, cannot wait to watch series 2 now.
on 26 November 2015