on 13 February 2006
I recently had this DVD shipped over from the States and it was well worth it. This is around an hour and a half of Bill Hicks performing in an intimate club environment in Austin, Texas sometime around 1989. He's young, he's on top form, he's very very funny. You've heard Dangerous and Relentless? Then you've heard 90% of this material. But for the other 10% - and to see Bill performing it to a responsive audience - makes this DVD total priceless magic to anyone interested in stand-up. The best Hicks DVD I've seen. Buy it.
on 7 May 2006
This is pure brilliance, I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop at times! What more can you say? I can't wait to show it to my friends because I'm pretty sure that they, like me, had never heard of him before. If anything is 5 stars this is.
on 1 January 2009
I think I own almost every available Hicks CD and DVD, and this stand up routine is awesome. "Brand new cadillac, thank you... brand new cadillac honey, thank you you're welcome... brand new cadillac honey... brand new cadillac honey, thank you, courtesy of the king." SO funny. Just watch, you will not be disappointed.
on 18 July 2010
Being a Bill Hicks fan i bought this Dvd 3 years ago. It features some of his early material which i don't remember seeing in any other previous production, the only dissapointing aspect of this issue is that the sound on some of his early performances is bad quality. Maybe it could have been digitally remastered, apart from this it's definitely worthwhile watching and worthwhile including in your Bill Hicks collection.
on 24 January 2006
This show is one of the most outrageously funny stand-up shows, I have ever had the pleasure to witness. Bill Hicks was widely regarded as one of the great modern comedians, until he sadly departed a few years ago. I saw this on video a while back, and it still has the ability to make me cringe with laughter. Pure brilliance, and now it's on DVD!! It can't get any better! Any fan of stand-up comedy, and especially Bill Hicks won't find better footage of him about. 5 stars!!
on 8 August 2006
Overused word eh? but TOTALLY justified in Bills case. Hicks takes stand-up onto a different planet, part preacher part philosopher, always hillarious and always RIGHT.
Imagine coming away from a comedy performance and having your view of the world changed, this was Hicks's genius not just the finest stand-up ever but one of the sharpest minds of the 20th century.... every THINKING person should hear a Hicks performance, and this DVD is a good place to start.
on 28 January 2011
I am a massive Bill Hicks fan.....actually, I'm a massive comedy fan, and without Mr Hicks' input, comedy wouldn't have got where it is today. I'm not the sort of person who uses the word "genius" lightly, (in fact, I have reserved this word purely for Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, George Carlin and Stephen Wright currently), but he really was.
He had a way of questioning the world that was unnerving, his honesty was shocking and sometimes painful, but most importantly, he was side-splittingly hilarious.
I picked this release to review as, although I own all of his back-catalogue, this is my favourite, as it's the "rawest", as in, there's no slick presentation, it's literally just him and the microphone, and an audience of course.
If you want to see Bill at his most funniest and thought-provoking, this is the dvd for you!