4.0 out of 5 stars Brown Rice Protein
Published 23 months ago by Teddy

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't be buying this again
I really wanted to like this protein powder, but it is very unpalatable. It's unflavoured, so it tastes just like ground up rice, which wouldn't be so bad, but the texture is very powdery (it sticks to your teeth).

I bought this because it's lactose free and FODMAP friendly, but reluctantly had to throw it out as I couldn't stand it.
Published 3 months ago by Debs911

4.0 out of 5 stars Brown Rice Protein, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Jarrow Formulas Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Vanilla Flavor, 1.1 Pound (Personal Care)
Good product.Unfortunately whey protein does not agree with my stomach so I have to resort to vegetarian alternatives.The first time I tasted this I was almost sick. I actually felt a little queasy for the rest of the day. The mistake I made was to mix this with cold milk thinking that the powder tasted of vanilla. I managed to finish of the remainder of the tub by mixing it with cold lucozade sport.Use a proper shaker,mixing with a fork in a cup does not work as good. After trying other brown rice,pea and egg protein powders I can safely assure you this is probably one of the easiest to mix.I hardly notice any taste at all from the powder. Does not take very long to get used to the taste if you mix it properly. This is my third tub.
As far as gains I am unsure as my diet sucks beyond belief.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for vegetarians, 16 Dec. 2013
My family LOVES this item! We are vegetarian and this makes a nice protein supplement. I mix this in our morning shakes and even my kids love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 16 Sept. 2013
Great taste, mixes well and high amount of protein + organic! I mix it with almond milk and drink it once or twice a day!

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't be buying this again, 10 Mar. 2015

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange Taste - Might Still Be Good For You (Can't Testify For That Yet)., 26 Aug. 2014
Although perhaps most of these products / foods don't taste great, this one unfortunately has a sort of metallic, chemical taste to it. I've only tried it with water, or orange juice. I've taken a different brand that was also organic and it was better than this one. Would love to find one that is organic and taste at least okay.

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 11 May 2013
Nice malty flavour. Best blended with milk and fruit, possibly mixed with other protein powders or yogurts. Not sweetened, so you can adjust it yourself according to taste and preffered sweetener, or just leave as is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Nov. 2014