1,199
Format: DVD|Change

on 17 October 2010
A few may have pre-ordered this DeLorean Edition AND the collector's tin, because they did'nt know that the DeLorean Edition includes the tin box - that's the reason why you have to pay more for the DeLorean Edition in UK than in France or Germany, where the digipak is included only.
66 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2010
Unless you have been living under a rock or have actually been bust travelling back to the future yourself, you would have already watched all three films, be it on VHS, DVD or if you are old enough like me, in the cinema. There really isn't any point in reviewing the film plot, so we'll keep this short. The transfer to Blu-Ray is faultless, the grainy picture we normally see from older films is hardly noticeable, the audio is faultless. You could easily be forgiven if you forget we are actuially watching a film that is 25, 21 and 15 years old as the quality is that good. The current price of £27 is really good for money considering other recent Blu-ray re-issues. Now we come to the bad point, the packaging is woeful, instead of packaging this product in the sturdy blue cases we have all come to expect, we have a near paper thin, flimsy cardboard pullout sleeve. I have only had my discs 3 days and the packaging is already creased, surely Universal Studios could have invested in better packaging! All said and done, this is a great box set that is worthy of being at the forefront of your collection, a timeless modern masterpiece worthy of 5 stars.
on 25 November 2015
I saw all three amazing episodes in the cinema and yet they have never looked better than when I watched them on my 55 inch Samsung smart TV! I wasn't sold on blueray until this unbelievable experience! WOW I MEAN WOW!!!
on 25 September 2014
Back to the Future was a genre defining film in my youth and spawned two worthy sequels with 2 & 3 being made at the same time (bit of movie trivia there!). I'm not going to review the films themselves as a majority of readers would have seen them already.

The blu-rays themselves are visually excellent with a flawless video transfer. This is certainly the best way to watch these films bar none, even the original looks like it was made last month due to the excellent clarity. Audio wise the films use Dolby HD soundtracks which also help revitalise the films with crystal clear dialogue and background effects. There is minimal sound thrown to the back speakers, but this is to be expected with this type of film. There are myriad extras included on the blu rays, including some very informative 'making of' documentaries and interviews.

A classic film series and an absolute bargain to boot this is the best way to experience these films.
on 26 July 2006
The films themselves are all excellent and among my favourites by far. The special features too are numerous and more than enough to satisfy. If you've seen one of the films and like it, buy this!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 October 2015
Fantastic fun, tightly written trilogy that I have enjoyed for 30 years! Blueray transfers are crisp and deliver the great 80s soundtrack wonderfully. A few good extras if you don't already have one of the previously released collector's editions. Great value.

Just to note that there is a lot more strong language in these than in a typical PG UK rated film - caveat emptor.
on 7 December 2015
All 3 classic movies in stunning 1080p on Blu-Ray and a dedicated disc for extras with all new extras as an extra extra. Also includes a digital HD Ultra Violet code. Guaranteed pride of place for any Back to the Future fan (at least until the 4K version is released). All this is nicely presented in a thick blue plastic case, and a convenient dust cover (get it!). If you're a fan, get it. If you know a fan, get it for them. If you haven't got a Blu-Ray player then get one of those and then get this.
on 5 July 2015
Do I need to explain the story of Back to the Future??? I don't think so....
This boxset is awesome! When I heard it was coming out, I had to have it.
It comes with the blu-ray trilogy, Delorean blueprint, Outtatime number plate, Sports Almanac, Save The Clocktower poster, Lenticular photo of Marty's family as well as some other bits.
I can't recommend this enough....if you can still get one.
A must for any Back to the Future fan.
*** A REVIEW OF THE 2010 and 2015 BLU RAY REISSUES OF THE "BACK TO THE FUTURE" TRILOGY on BLU RAY ***

There's little prepares you for the quality of the print on this Blu Ray reissue - it's absolutely gobsmacking. I've seen great restorations before ("Goldfinger", "North By Northwest", "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", "The African Queen", "The Italian Job", "To Kill A Mockingbird", "The Blues Brothers" and "To Catch A Thief" - see reviews for them all) - but this is exemplary.

The full run of extras is dealt with in detail in Amazon's thorough description above, but it's worth highlighting that among the superb new extras is Michael J Fox not afraid to show his present-day medical condition in the 6-part making-of that is spread across the whole set. There are contributions from almost all of the cast, Director Robert Zemeckis, Producer Steven Spielberg etc - and great on-set footage too. It's also been pitched at a reasonable price. In short, this is properly good value for money for 3 hugely entertaining films that don't seem to have dated at all.

I can only add to the chorus of approval for this - a fantastic presentation. Onwards and upwards to the "Indiana Jones" Trilogy and the remaining Bond films (which were also Lowry Digital Restorations and look as awesome as this)...

VIDEO: 1080p High-Definition 1.85:1
AUDIO: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, German DTS Surround 5.1, Turkish 5.1 and Japanese 2.0 Master Mono
SUBTITLES: English SDH, German, Japanese, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Portuguese, Swedish and Turkish
on 1 November 2013
I watched this with my two boys and forgot just how much swearing there is in it... Nothing terrible but suprising as i had no recollection of it. Classic film set though. Great for teenagers and Parents to share. (My son was 9 at the time... i think a bit too young still!)